THESHADOWBOX.NET

Miscellaneous Ephemera => Scream Of Consciousness => Grey Matters => Topic started by: imaginary friend on May 19, 2009, 04:35:46 PM

Title: first gay marriage in Iowa, and now this
Post by: imaginary friend on May 19, 2009, 04:35:46 PM
The Great Plains ain't what they used to be:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/05/18/dnt.ne.transgender.kid.ketv


...kid's gonna have a rough time, but at least her family's got her back.

#@!
Title: Re: first gay marriage in Iowa, and now this
Post by: Tiervexx on May 19, 2009, 05:28:59 PM
The Great Plains ain't what they used to be:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/05/18/dnt.ne.transgender.kid.ketv


...kid's gonna have a rough time, but at least her family's got her back.

#@!

Many transgenders did not even have supportive family members so she's not doing so bad...  Trans people have it REALLY rough.

I remember seeing polls that 90% of trans people where physically harassed growing up which makes me think the other 10% where deaf or something.
Title: Re: first gay marriage in Iowa, and now this
Post by: ratsforcandy on May 27, 2009, 10:37:44 PM
It's odd, and foreign for me, but this story is good, because it makes me want to understand.

XD