THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: help with my womens studies project  (Read 6622 times)

Tiervexx

Re: help with my womens studies project
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »

1.   What is feminism?

The radical believe that women are people.

2.   Are you a feminist? Why or why not?

Yes.  Women are awesome and my best friends.  I would not want to be punished for being born a woman.  And I am deeply disgusted by cultures that mistreat women and no, I don't respect the alternative culture of a society that punishes rape victims.

If I have to pick between women's rights verses diversity in respecting other cultures than the respect for other cultures looses.

3.   How would you define sex and gender?

Your sex is the equipment you have.  It can be male female, neither or some of both.

Gender is in your psychology and comes largely from how your brain develops in early infancy.

4.   Do you believe in equality for women and men? Why or why not?

Equality in terms of rights, yes.  I also don't believe that one is necessarily superior to the other(s) but the world equal also implies the same which is obviously false.

Certain jobs are naturally bias towards one gender or the other.  For example, I used to move furniture.  For every 1 woman capable of doing that job there are probably a couple hundred men.  And even most men can't do that job.  All my coworkers where men for a reason.

Women should also not be combat soldiers.  This is for all the reasons they generally can't move furniture plus the fact they are more likely to be gang raped if captured.

I certainly believe that women can do mental jobs men can though.

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 04:47:51 AM »

instead of homemaker house wifery etc
go down the benny and joon route with : Domestic Engineer. :D
Johnny depp thought it made him sound important

Tiervexx

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2009, 11:51:35 PM »

2. are you a feminist?  why or why not?

no, i am not a feminist.  'feminism' didn't work, or we would have an ERA.  i am a female supremacist.

You know what... I agree. Screw feminism.  Every man should have to register as the property of a female.  Men are evil.

Paul Jon

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »

Men are evil.
So where's my secret underground base staffed with jumpsuited guards? >:(

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »

no, i am not a feminist.  'feminism' didn't work, or we would have an ERA.  i am a female supremacist.

You know what... I agree. Screw feminism.  Every man should have to register as the property of a female.  Men are evil.

if we did register guys like that, i can't help but wonder who would get custody of guys like dick cheney.  personally, i'd like to have that wrestler/actor guy who calls himself the rock for a pet.  i could make hella stud fees, and he would be good with home security, not to mention i would never get tired of telling my friends he was my pet rock.

Shanneeen

• just as long as you were on my side
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »

oh my god you guys are so amazing! i just got back from Thanksgiving vacation and i saw all these answers.  :headbang:everybody here is so smart and i love it <3 i'm so glad that everybody here respects everyone else's opinions. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU this means so much to me

Shanneeen

• just as long as you were on my side
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 07:15:49 PM »

Warning:  I do not believe there are short, simple answers to complex social questions (well, not
              short, simple right answers anyway...)
1.   What is feminism?
2.   Are you a feminist? Why or why not?
3.   How would you define sex and gender?
4.   Do you believe in equality for women and men? Why or why not?
1. Depends entirely upon whom you ask.

2. I am not, as my interpretation of the term requires favoritism.  I think women are great, but
   not "better" than men [nor worse, just different].

3. I wouldn't know where to start.  On one level, sex is a simple matter of manifest physiology, but
    even that is nowhere near as simple as M or F.  Perhaps not as vague (nor quantifiable) as the
    distinction between "tall" and "short", these are still just descriptive labels.  If you can't find one
    that fits your subject, then don't use one.

4. Answer your question with a question: Do you believe in equality of Granny Smith and Braeburn apples?
   They're both apples, so they're equal, right?  Except that they taste different, have different characteristics
   when cooked, they're different sizes, and they grow best under different climes (but they often cost about
   the same in the store).

4 - part 2: Men and women are not the same, so "equality" is not really an applicable term.  However, as
    far as matters like equal pay for equal work, equal opportunity for workplace advancement...  Absolutely.

fucking awesome.. i love the apples metaphor.. i've never thought of it quite like that

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »

Sort of to do with feminism, but when I was a little girl, I would always maintain that I would go out to work and my husband would stay home and look after the children and the house. Before I ever knew what feminism was, and with a minimal knowledge of gender roles.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »

Sort of to do with feminism, but when I was a little girl, I would always maintain that I would go out to work and my husband would stay home and look after the children and the house. Before I ever knew what feminism was, and with a minimal knowledge of gender roles.

Roisin have you ever seen the father ted Episode night of the nearly dead?
Lots of irish wimin going after the daniel o' donnell-esque 'Eoin McLove'?
he reminds them of how dangerous it was leaving their husbands at home to make the zombie granniefan hordes leave.
something about "your man tried to make a cup of tea and burned down the house"
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v203243zpw5ERNF

Leaving your husband at home is dangerous.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 04:46:14 PM »

Johnny, you are just reinforcing gender stereotypes!

i think i just like the fact that i was such a cool little girl hahaha
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »

[something about "your man tried to make a cup of tea and burned down the house"

He tried to make the bed and broke his leg.

In short, Women rock because they ain't worried their subordinates have bigger cocks than them (Well....most of them don't worry about that)

Tiervexx

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »

[something about "your man tried to make a cup of tea and burned down the house"

He tried to make the bed and broke his leg.

In short, Women rock because they ain't worried their subordinates have bigger cocks than them (Well....most of them don't worry about that)

pfff, I KNOW that my lesbian friends are secretly jealous that I have a penis and they do not! :D

if we did register guys like that, i can't help but wonder who would get custody of guys like dick cheney.  personally, i'd like to have that wrestler/actor guy who calls himself the rock for a pet.  i could make hella stud fees, and he would be good with home security, not to mention i would never get tired of telling my friends he was my pet rock.

Haha, good choice!  I'd be the property of my two lesbian friends.  This would not affect our relationship at all because one of them is disabled and I like helping so I always do anything they ask.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up