THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: So, how did your thanksgiving go?  (Read 5665 times)

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
Re: So, how did your thanksgiving go?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 07:27:22 PM »

I pissed off my grandma within five minutes of everyone gathering in the kitchen by questioning the "wisdom" she'd gained from watching Oprah or something that you should throw out your pillow and get a new one once a year because there are dust mites in there (I've had the same pillow since I was three and haven't been killed in my sleep by a dust mite yet!). Then I pissed off my mom by having what I thought was a "lively discussion" with grandma, which she saw as more of an argument. Then I pissed off my dad by "disrespecting him in front of his mom," a.k.a. disagreeing with him over how many potatoes I should mash and which knife I should use on them. Then we ate quickly and quietly and I ran away to my room to hide. I hate family holidays. My mashed potatoes didn't turn out all that great anyway. I think I put too much garlic in.

WTF, how can you put too much garlic in  :o (for my spuds though I go with chives or scallions....there is enough garlic in everything else  ;D).
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
Re: So, how did your thanksgiving go?
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

We had camp fire roasted stuffed squash with (veg) sausage in the stuffing, cauliflower with welsh rarebit on top and chocolate lacquer for dessert.  :tongue7:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up