THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anime  (Read 3969 times)

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
Re: Anime
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 04:28:51 AM »

when I was um 14 or so Late night channel 4 would put Manga on.
at the time I enjoyed 3x3 eyes, Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis+Crash, Legend of the four kings, Devil Man, Dominion Tank Police, Ultimate teacher but my all time favourite manga was
Cyber city Oedo - basically battle royal meets ex-cons set in the future.
One was foulmouthed gun toting badass, another was an androginous Bowie look-a-like with graceful ninja moves and the last was a Mr-T hard assed tech/robotics guy with a mohawk
the show in the UK had a a really good soundtrack but the Japanese score was lame.

anime fims: Miyazaki films are great, also Akira, battle angel Alita, Ninja Scroll, Venus wars, Project A-ko

If I watched them now I dunno. Maybe I wouldn't like them as much, some of them we're very silly and odd, others just stupidly violent. (also lots of young girls (usually violated by demons)being drawn by sexually frustrated japanese animators) <see legend of the overfiend http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1780098464739041775#... ah cartoons - because animators filming it in real life would mean a jailterm.

Miyazaki films are to die for! He's such an awesome writer/director/artist. Kiki's Delivery Service is such a cute movie, and Spirited Away was beyond magical. Haven't gotten the chance to watch some of his other awesome films though, even though I own two others (Howl's Moving Castle and Castle in the Sky).

Have you seen Ponyo yet? It looks so sweet and apparently had amazing reviews. Is it even out on DVD in the US area, do you know?

Miyazaki's to watch if you liked kiki. (ps you should watch the two others you own they are amazing!)
The Cat returns
My neighbour totoro - (but i didn't like this one - bit kiddy/girly)
Grave of the fireflies
and Princess Mononoke is pretty good too (in a spirited away/howls kinda way)
Nausica valley of the wind is alright also and very much like mononoke.

enjoy :)

marie_x

• lovefool
  • <3
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »

i just got back from a-kon anime convention.

recently i liked "loveless"
trust me, he's no valentine. though he said he would be mine, his heart is in alaska all the time.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:20 PM »

*bump*

Keanu Reeves in talks to star in live-action version of Akira:   http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Could-Keanu-Reeves-Wind-Up-Playing-Kaneda-In-Akira-24580.html

#@!

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 03:10:05 PM »

^ There are also talks of a live action Bleach movie, which would be terrible in my opinion.

Bleach became an addiction of mine last august, since when I have watched all 320 episodes.
I'm also reading the manga in french at the moment, it's kind of the best anime I've ever watched.

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »

COWBOY BEBOP!!!!! it's my fav EVER
also inuyasha, kenshin, fruits basket, death note is a good dark one, angel sanctuary, bleach is pretty entertaining, i used to really like witch hunter robin, there's a lot more i like but i cant think of them now  :-\

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up