THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you attending the Amanda Palmer Show at the Sydney Opera House?  (Read 7057 times)

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.

If so, please post in this thread. I'm thinking we should organise some sort of get together pre-show, possibly in Newtown and possibly involving fire-twirling or something of the like.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

Goodbye-Umbrella

Re: Are you attending the Amanda Palmer Show at the Sydney Opera House?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:23:42 AM »

shall be there! me and my friends are having an 'amanda palmer day.' we did tis last year. basically its just dressing up  and going to newtown the day of the show, all are welcome!

Calamity

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

When and where shall these meetups happen?

Andy Pants

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »

Just got my ticket, rediculously far away from the action, but I'd like to meet up with some fans if you're coming. There's a cafe next to repressed Records in newtown which sells the best nachos I've ever eaten. It's about two minutes walk from the station. We should start our expedition from there. Let me know if you're interested.

Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 09:33:54 AM »

Just got my ticket, rediculously far away from the action, but I'd like to meet up with some fans if you're coming. There's a cafe next to repressed Records in newtown which sells the best nachos I've ever eaten. It's about two minutes walk from the station. We should start our expedition from there. Let me know if you're interested.

correlli's nachos is epic. try the vegetarian lasagne if you haven't before. also epic.  :love5:

yeah i'm up for that! let me know what times and stuff your thinking when you know

your from the mountains right? i know some mountains folk who might be going as well, i'll try to find out when they're getting into the city.

Andy Pants

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »

correlli's nachos is epic. try the vegetarian lasagne if you haven't before. also epic.  :love5:

yeah i'm up for that! let me know what times and stuff your thinking when you know

your from the mountains right? i know some mountains folk who might be going as well, i'll try to find out when they're getting into the city.

That'd be great, my friends don't look like they can make it this time.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »

That'd be great, my friends don't look like they can make it this time.

ah that sucks! still should nbe fun times!

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 05:10:15 AM »

I'm going. Not sure yet where I'll be earlier in the night, if no plans meeting up in newtown sounds great.
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

middleearthguy

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 05:59:01 AM »

Pretty sure my flight is early , Keen for Nachos before tho :)

Andy Pants

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 07:21:15 AM »

That's awesome I'll have a look at times and pm everyone with my mobile tomorrow. Looks like about four of my friends can actually make it after all, so we might have a bit of an AFP possy coming together.

I was planning on bringing my staff and doing some fire-twirling, but I realised it might be a bit difficult to transport kerosene on the train and I don't actually have a busking permit for Sydney, so that might be a problem. Not sure though, what do you reckon?

If you have any ideas ideas for any other arty things we can do you're welcome to suggest something. I figure we'll encourage everyone to really dress up at the very least.

Hope to see you all there.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 12:40:27 AM »

don't need a busking licence for newtown!  but apparently its illegal to have combustibles on the train haha, but you could get away with it.
could get annoying carrying around the stuff all day though haha. still fire twirling is awesome

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:55:19 AM »

I dunno exactly where the Haymarket is, but it seems to be very close to Paddie's Markets (its a few blocks down from Queen Victoria Building) and i definately recommend a visit to Paddie's. Theres a whole lot of random cool junk there, and of a reasonable price.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invites&eid=328369648731

EVERYONE WHO HAS FACEBOOK JOIN THIS EVENT!

(organising pre show meetups and such!)

SpacemanSpiff

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 07:13:33 AM »

That's awesome I'll have a look at times and pm everyone with my mobile tomorrow. Looks like about four of my friends can actually make it after all, so we might have a bit of an AFP possy coming together.

I was planning on bringing my staff and doing some fire-twirling, but I realised it might be a bit difficult to transport kerosene on the train and I don't actually have a busking permit for Sydney, so that might be a problem. Not sure though, what do you reckon?

If you have any ideas ideas for any other arty things we can do you're welcome to suggest something. I figure we'll encourage everyone to really dress up at the very least.

Hope to see you all there.

I have poi so I'd love to join in the fire twirling  :)  I don't have any kerosene though, if you're still thinking of twirling could I ask if I could use some of yours and reimburse for the cost?

Andy Pants

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 05:13:20 AM »

The day is rapidly approaching, sorry I haven't updated, been hella busy with TAFE studies. Anyway thanks to Goodbye-Umberella we seem to have a time (1.00pm) to meet in Newtown, but no place, so I'm just going to say Newtown Station.

Here's my number if you find yourself alone without an AFP fan in sight, 0411138950.

You should all go to the event page by clicking the link about two posts up there or alternately here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invites&eid=328369648731
AND POST YOUR MOBILE NUMBER IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.

I'm still happy to twirl, but we'll have to all chip in for kero and buy it down there. Or you could buy a bottle on your way to the gig and we'll find some way to make it up to you. Seriously, that'd be really nice. I can't bring any down sorry, check the facebook event wall for the reason why.

If you can't make it at 1pm we can probably meet you at some other point in the day. SEND ME A MESSAGE and just tell me what time you can show up and I'll try and organise a meetup. I can't see us spending all day in Newtown. We'll probably head over to the city at some point, but it looks like we'll just wing it.

Oh and DRESS UP. It will make it easier for everyone to tell you are kindred rock spirits.

middleearthguy

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »

From mthe australian tour thread theres a picinic on the steps at 7pm

Tomorrow night before the Sydney show: dinner picnic on Opera House Steps! 7pm! Bring lots of food to share with fellow fans!

We tweeted it and it's now Amanda-endorsed: she said she'll try to come!  O0

Andy Pants

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »

From mthe australian tour thread theres a picinic on the steps at 7pm

Tomorrow night before the Sydney show: dinner picnic on Opera House Steps! 7pm! Bring lots of food to share with fellow fans!

We tweeted it and it's now Amanda-endorsed: she said she'll try to come!  O0

Awesome.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up