THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pop Music.  (Read 14289 times)

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
Re: Pop Music.
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »

Take me and Sarah Slean with you, and make a pit stop to the 20th century for Sylvia Plath. ALL I ASK

We'll buy a hippie 1960's combie van and start a revolution.  :icon_rr:

A RENAISSANCE.

tw2113

• Agent Semi-Intelligent
  • Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    • Michaelbox dot Net
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »

Take me and Sarah Slean with you, and make a pit stop to the 20th century for Sylvia Plath. ALL I ASK

A RENAISSANCE.
The early 90s called and they want their idea back.
There comes times in every man's life, where he must urinate. For me, now is one of those times, excuse me

Darkness

• God dammit they stole my kidney!
  • This is the greatest and best song in the world.
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »

A RENAISSANCE.

2010 wins for following the idea through first.
By the way, who has time travel technology?

Candy mountain doesn't sound too fun. But DEEP FRIEND SPAGHETTI WITH A GALLON OF MELTED CANNABIS BUTTER SLATHERED ALL OVER IT TOPPED OFF WITH BACON BITS AND DEEP FRIEND MAYO sounds GRRREAT!

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 01:55:49 AM »

for the first time..ever really, I've started to like pop music.
mostly gaga.
well, exclusively gaga.

Once you like gaga, it's only a small step to Ke$ha.

Ke$ha is basically a bunch of bad rip offs of pop ideas thrown together, and it sounds like that.  You listen to it and go oh this sounds like a big pop song because of all the rip offs, not that it is actually good.

So I am pro-Gaga and not a Ke$ha fan at all  ;D

Gaga on the piano doing poker face got me, plus she does has lots of influences from the past 20-30 years of pop music but they are influences and blended with an overall style, unlike the cut and paste style of Ke$ha.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 01:59:56 AM »

^
If Lady Gaga is an artist in the music industry, then all hope is lost forever and I will hasten my attempts to permanently take refuge in the 19th Century.

Who made you the art police? xD This is a wholly pointless conversation - art's completely subjective, that's what's so gorgeous about it. If one person thinks someone's work is art, then it's as much art as the next person's work.

Beat me to it  O0

But let us take a look at the visual arts for a second and one of the major artists of the early 20th century Duchamp.  If you want to talk about artist's creativity in how original their physical creation is you would hate his work:

Fountain by Marcel Duchamp, 1917
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:44 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/qHBVnMf2t7w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/qHBVnMf2t7w</a>
I am a motherfucking birdplane. (Sorry, I love them)

Also I agree with you but then I never really liked pop music so I don't think it has gone downhill recently - most of it has always been lame. That isn't to say though that a simple song can't be good. Sometimes less is more, even in music.

I HAVE SEEN THEM LIVE. IT MAY HAVE EVEN BEEN THAT GIG.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

Darkness

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 06:15:05 AM »

^
If Lady Gaga is an artist in the music industry, then all hope is lost forever and I will hasten my attempts to permanently take refuge in the 19th Century.

Who made you the art police? xD This is a wholly pointless conversation - art's completely subjective, that's what's so gorgeous about it. If one person thinks someone's work is art, then it's as much art as the next person's work.

Beat me to it  O0

My oninion is not definiitive, not at all. This is merely a discussion where we civilised 'boxers can bitch and otherwise complain about pop music.

Gaga > Ke$ha

Candy mountain doesn't sound too fun. But DEEP FRIEND SPAGHETTI WITH A GALLON OF MELTED CANNABIS BUTTER SLATHERED ALL OVER IT TOPPED OFF WITH BACON BITS AND DEEP FRIEND MAYO sounds GRRREAT!

MerelyMarquis

• Are you satisfied?
    • My blog
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »

^

Art's subjective but that's not to say what Gaga does is art.

Also, renaissances bring about new things, new ideas. The concept of renaissance isn't anyone's idea; the ideas it brings about are.

tw2113

• Agent Semi-Intelligent
    • Michaelbox dot Net
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 01:34:31 PM »

A RENAISSANCE.

2010 wins for following the idea through first.
By the way, who has time travel technology?

You don't know about Woodstock 94 do you
There comes times in every man's life, where he must urinate. For me, now is one of those times, excuse me

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »

^

Beat me to it  O0

My oninion is not definiitive, not at all. This is merely a discussion where we civilised 'boxers can bitch and otherwise complain about pop music.

Gaga > Ke$ha

Oh my fucking God you just made me cry with laughter, literally - I totally read that as "My onion is not definitive" :D Fuck, what I wouldn't give for my onions to be definitive....

tw2113

• Agent Semi-Intelligent
    • Michaelbox dot Net
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »

^

Beat me to it  O0

Gaga > Ke$ha

Oh my fucking God you just made me cry with laughter, literally - I totally read that as "My onion is not definitive" :D Fuck, what I wouldn't give for my onions to be definitive....
just be like me, mine are.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »

[Hilarious Axis Of Awesome Clip.]

Also I agree with you but then I never really liked pop music so I don't think it has gone downhill recently - most of it has always been lame. That isn't to say though that a simple song can't be good. Sometimes less is more, even in music.

I have seen them live too but only once. Unlike my sister who has seen them many times because she has a weird thing for Jordan.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Darkness

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »

I have seen them live too but only once. Unlike my sister who has seen them many times because she has a weird thing for Jordan.

Only concert I've seen live that was funnier than Axis of Awesome was Tenacious D.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »

Only concert I've seen live that was funnier than Axis of Awesome was Tenacious D.
And that is only because you haven't seen Weird Al.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Darkness

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »

And that is only because you haven't seen Weird Al.

Oh, I dunno... Jack Black is pretty freakin' funny.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  All   Go Up