THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Amanda,  (Read 7527 times)

&tracee

• living in the bones of a
  • Just white noise, white light in the deep?
    • …& then I woke up.
Dear Amanda,
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »

(I didn't know where to put this as it has no merit beyond me wanting to say something when I am normally a very quiet fan of life)

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for being you. I have read the blogs & the tweets, the comments & the jibes, the love & the hate. Today I thought maybe I could say something to you, since you give us so much lovely to read. You are one of my favourite people I have never met. Not because you are famous or make pretty art or are terribly interesting, but because you have a remarkable nature that you take pride in & share with those who want to see it.

The whole Evelyn drama made me sad. That people can be so mean. I read the backstory & while parts are sad & parts are uncomfortable, other parts are lovely & good & the music is perfection with the twins light shining through it. Everyone has said their peace & their opinions & whatever other words tumbled from their lips & normally I stay quiet, but I just wanted to tell you I was proud of you, yet again, for weaving a story that does NOT have the happy-go-lucky fiction that people WANT the world to have. Brilliant stories, lives as they are sometimes called, are not perfect. We all have bones in our closets, some of us have skeletons & others have mass murders making more skeletons & possibly being a bit cannibalistic, but those should not define the creators (in the case of stories, the authors & in the case of people, who they are now & what they stand for) but instead show the depths & paths & amazing journeys they have taken.

This has gotten away from me, I'm a bit tired. So… I just wanted to say thank you. I do not have a lot in life, so I truly treasure the things that bring me joy. You are one of those things. Your thoughts & music, your ideas & art (your fiance is another of those things as I have lived in his books for YEARS… the fact that you two are like… melded is sometimes too much for my brain), your insane moments & your wine, your awesome wardrobe & the fact that I am fairly sure you won Good News Week for FOREVER with your muppets & ukelele… but mostly it's you.

So thank you. Thanks for letting me be a vocal fan today as well, because I rarely am, but you deserve it. I know you will let the people who spoke out against the Evelyn project bother you, because you're human, but I hope, at the end of the day, you smile & hold your arms wide & embrace the fact that each boo is backed by hundreds of cheers & the knowledge that the world loves you, even if sometimes it feels like it might be being kind of a bitch to you.

Take care, AFP. <3

(PS. Thanks for being a fellow Ampersand fan. For years, I thought it was just me. Weird girl with the GIANT ampersand tattoo that has to CONSTANTLY be explained… the little ampersand pieces of artwork that decorate my room [from hand drawn gifts to bizarre shop finds] & cause the questions, "Do you write music? Why so many of those piano cleff symbol things…?" *face palm* it's nice to know I am not alone. Plus, in the forums, I get to see HEAPS of other amperphiles. It warms the cold, cockles of my heart. :)
…The creatures of the sea
Will make homes
Of the bones
That drift endlessly
(As far as the eye can see)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: Dear Amanda,
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »

[where's the damn "like" button?]   ;D
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »

[where's the damn "like" button?]   ;D

Up your arse.

No, wait, that's your g-spot.... Men fail.

slyvia k

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »

my suggestion is that you send this to her letters@amandapalmer.net  O0

&tracee

• living in the bones of a
  • Just white noise, white light in the deep?
    • …& then I woke up.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

Thanks! Done!
…The creatures of the sea
Will make homes
Of the bones
That drift endlessly
(As far as the eye can see)

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 10:51:48 PM »

Dear Amanda,

I love you.

(as if she doesn't hear that enough)
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »

Thanks! Done!

as is often the case, slyvia is light years ahead of me ; - }

&tracee: awesome missive!!!!!!
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 01:43:36 AM »

(I didn't know where to put this as it has no merit beyond me wanting to say something when I am normally a very quiet fan of life)

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for being you. I have read the blogs & the tweets, the comments & the jibes, the love & the hate. Today I thought maybe I could say something to you, since you give us so much lovely to read. You are one of my favourite people I have never met. Not because you are famous or make pretty art or are terribly interesting, but because you have a remarkable nature that you take pride in & share with those who want to see it.

The whole Evelyn drama made me sad. That people can be so mean. I read the backstory & while parts are sad & parts are uncomfortable, other parts are lovely & good & the music is perfection with the twins light shining through it. Everyone has said their peace & their opinions & whatever other words tumbled from their lips & normally I stay quiet, but I just wanted to tell you I was proud of you, yet again, for weaving a story that does NOT have the happy-go-lucky fiction that people WANT the world to have. Brilliant stories, lives as they are sometimes called, are not perfect. We all have bones in our closets, some of us have skeletons & others have mass murders making more skeletons & possibly being a bit cannibalistic, but those should not define the creators (in the case of stories, the authors & in the case of people, who they are now & what they stand for) but instead show the depths & paths & amazing journeys they have taken.

This has gotten away from me, I'm a bit tired. So… I just wanted to say thank you. I do not have a lot in life, so I truly treasure the things that bring me joy. You are one of those things. Your thoughts & music, your ideas & art (your fiance is another of those things as I have lived in his books for YEARS… the fact that you two are like… melded is sometimes too much for my brain), your insane moments & your wine, your awesome wardrobe & the fact that I am fairly sure you won Good News Week for FOREVER with your muppets & ukelele… but mostly it's you.

So thank you. Thanks for letting me be a vocal fan today as well, because I rarely am, but you deserve it. I know you will let the people who spoke out against the Evelyn project bother you, because you're human, but I hope, at the end of the day, you smile & hold your arms wide & embrace the fact that each boo is backed by hundreds of cheers & the knowledge that the world loves you, even if sometimes it feels like it might be being kind of a bitch to you.

Take care, AFP. <3

(PS. Thanks for being a fellow Ampersand fan. For years, I thought it was just me. Weird girl with the GIANT ampersand tattoo that has to CONSTANTLY be explained… the little ampersand pieces of artwork that decorate my room [from hand drawn gifts to bizarre shop finds] & cause the questions, "Do you write music? Why so many of those piano cleff symbol things…?" *face palm* it's nice to know I am not alone. Plus, in the forums, I get to see HEAPS of other amperphiles. It warms the cold, cockles of my heart. :)

Thread revival!

I've always been a fan of the poor maligned semicolon, myself.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »

I've always been a fan of the poor maligned semicolon, myself.
I always picture him as the sad, crippled brother of the colon.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 05:57:45 AM »

driven mad by the period and people's unwillingness to merge together into one sentence two complete related thoughts; it's a failing of our schools.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »

driven mad by the period and people's unwillingness to merge together into one sentence two complete related thoughts; it's a failing of our schools.
That one should be a comma; you've used a participial phrase to describe the subject of the sentence.

If you were to rephrase it ever-so-slightly, a semicolon could be used.

It was driven mad by the period and people's unwillingness to merge together into one sentence
two complete related thoughts; it's a failing of our schools.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »

In my defense, I did attend said schools. ;D

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 11:51:19 AM »

probly evin grajuaded.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 01:41:34 PM »

probly evin grajuaded.
furst inn mai klas!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 07:04:54 PM »

probly evin grajuaded.
furst inn mai klas!
cungr... um, Kon... ah....

gud fur yoo
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up