THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BENEFIT YOGA CLASS in SYDNEY with AMANDA & DUNCAN PEAK!!! this saturday!!  (Read 7990 times)

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
Re: BENEFIT YOGA CLASS in SYDNEY with AMANDA & DUNCAN PEAK!!! this saturday!!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 06:52:11 AM »

Black triangle hero t-shirt and black yoga pants. You? I was towards the back of the room.

I am going to do more stretches tonight. At this rate I won't be at work tomorrow! I can feel muscles right now I didn't know I had. I've done pilates before and never felt like this after. I also used to work out 3+ hours a day/6 days a week and also didn't feel like this, mind you I haven't been in shape since mid last year.

Plus my friend said something funny to me during the move where we had our legs right up in the air balancing on our shoulders and I started laughing which I don't think was a very good thing to do when in that position. Think I may have over stretched somewhere because it's my upper back/shoulders that hurt the most.
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »

Black triangle hero t-shirt and black yoga pants. You? I was towards the back of the room.

I am going to do more stretches tonight. At this rate I won't be at work tomorrow! I can feel muscles right now I didn't know I had. I've done pilates before and never felt like this after. I also used to work out 3+ hours a day/6 days a week and also didn't feel like this, mind you I haven't been in shape since mid last year.

Plus my friend said something funny to me during the move where we had our legs right up in the air balancing on our shoulders and I started laughing which I don't think was a very good thing to do when in that position. Think I may have over stretched somewhere because it's my upper back/shoulders that hurt the most.

haha! i actually thought that was you. i was wearing a grey tank top and navy blue shorts. i think i asked you where the studio entrance was, before we got inside

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »

haha! i actually thought that was you. i was wearing a grey tank top and navy blue shorts. i think i asked you where the studio entrance was, before we got inside

Ah yes, I remember. I am feeling slightly more mobile today!! You?

Merk

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »

i love all these yoga classes Amanda keeps on doing. i would love to go to one they look really fun and refreshing, i have always been interested in it.  maybe one day you will do one in Scotland maybe? :)

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 02:34:18 AM »

yeah, except for between my shoulder blades, but that's a satisfying stretch. i had ti kwon doe today, and i was fine in that. hahah remember how everyone started doing it wrong when afp said she would go around, helping. :D

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 02:49:34 AM »

yeah, except for between my shoulder blades, but that's a satisfying stretch. i had ti kwon doe today, and i was fine in that. hahah remember how everyone started doing it wrong when afp said she would go around, helping. :D

Actually I didn't notice because I was too busy actually not having a clue what I was doing!!! I actually very nearly punched Amanda in the face when she came up to me because she scared the living shit out of me, it was at the end when we were doing the relaxation bit. Thank fuck I didn't punch her!

Sorry Amanda if you read this, it wasn't you that made me flinch!

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 03:46:59 AM »

Actually I didn't notice because I was too busy actually not having a clue what I was doing!!! I actually very nearly punched Amanda in the face when she came up to me because she scared the living shit out of me, it was at the end when we were doing the relaxation bit. Thank fuck I didn't punch her!

haha, i know, i was concentrating and then she suddenly appeared in front of me. and remember that lion yawning/ roaring thing? she was in front of me when we did that, it was cool :D

Darkness

• God dammit they stole my kidney!
  • This is the greatest and best song in the world.
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 05:57:41 AM »

haha, i know, i was concentrating and then she suddenly appeared in front of me. and remember that lion yawning/ roaring thing? she was in front of me when we did that, it was cool :D

I can't move. XD damn yoga, its designed to make you so sore you have to keep doing it to be un-sore...

Candy mountain doesn't sound too fun. But DEEP FRIEND SPAGHETTI WITH A GALLON OF MELTED CANNABIS BUTTER SLATHERED ALL OVER IT TOPPED OFF WITH BACON BITS AND DEEP FRIEND MAYO sounds GRRREAT!

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »

I suppose this is obvious but it might be best to stop stretching until you are not aching so badly so as to avoid further damage to ligaments. Start again once the aches are gone but stretch less intensively and build up over a number of sessions. 

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 06:05:30 AM »

I suppose this is obvious but it might be best to stop stretching until you are not aching so badly so as to avoid further damage to ligaments. Start again once the aches are gone but stretch less intensively and build up over a number of sessions. 

On the contrary, stretching actually eased the pain. Obviously not stretching to the same degree that we did at yoga, but a little bit definitely, otherwise you'd just stay stiff.

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:13 AM »

On the contrary, stretching actually eased the pain. Obviously not stretching to the same degree that we did at yoga, but a little bit definitely, otherwise you'd just stay stiff.

I suppose I generally think of damaged ligaments when people talk of persisting pain, in which case what I said would apply. I admit, however, that some degree of stretching alleviates normal stretching aches so I can see why repeating a full routine of stretches would help. Perhaps it just depends on the severity.

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »

I suppose I generally think of damaged ligaments when people talk of persisting pain, in which case what I said would apply. I admit, however, that some degree of stretching alleviates normal stretching aches so I can see why repeating a full routine of stretches would help. Perhaps it just depends on the severity.

Of for sure, if there is damage then I wouldn't suggest stretching but I don't think there is damage, I think it's just not having done that sort of exercise ever, or in my situation not having done it in years, I think it takes just that little bit longer to recover.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up