THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new revolution  (Read 9586 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: new revolution
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 02:30:51 AM »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2010, 06:43:02 AM »

I see your Puppy Gristle and raise you......St Winifred's School Choir

Fixed.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!

What about The Goombay Dance Band then?
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 06:38:52 PM »

I remember them well.... it was also filled with poverty and cholera....
Anthrax
Bubonic Plague
Crusades
Dysentery (still not hard to find - The Good Times® aren't entirely gone....)
....I'm stuck on "E"....

Ebola. It's the only disease that comes to mind that starts with E. Except eczema and Elephantiasis, and I don't think there have ever been fatal pandemics of either of those.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »

I remember them well.... it was also filled with poverty and cholera....
Anthrax
Bubonic Plague
Crusades
Dysentery (still not hard to find - The Good Times® aren't entirely gone....)
....I'm stuck on "E"....

Ebola. It's the only disease that comes to mind that starts with E. Except eczema and Elephantiasis, and I don't think there have ever been fatal pandemics of either of those.
It's a good thought, but not really "historical" enough.  Still, if nothing else turns up.
(Note that, as with "crusades", it doesn't need to be a physiological-disease plague, just
something awful that happened back in the Good Old Days®)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Miss Sahara

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »

It seems to me that in the vast complexities that we have today that key themes have been repeated incessantly. Literature has (for the most part) become a pile of concepts recorded and retold over and over. Most music hits on the same notes it has for ages (not in the actual sound, in a lyrical sense) and television has become such an opiate that i can't even seem to look anywhere near it these days. So in all it seems life of late has become this hobby horse that humanity has been riding to death, handing it off to its children so they can redecorate it, then ride it again and so on. Anyone else been having this notion? Or is it just me that thinks life has become a bore.

yep, time for another revolution. Lets refill the world with a sense of glory and mysticism.

you need to fall in love.
(sorry, i skipped all diseases between E and L)

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »

It seems to me that in the vast complexities that we have today that key themes have been repeated incessantly. Literature has (for the most part) become a pile of concepts recorded and retold over and over. Most music hits on the same notes it has for ages (not in the actual sound, in a lyrical sense) and television has become such an opiate that i can't even seem to look anywhere near it these days. So in all it seems life of late has become this hobby horse that humanity has been riding to death, handing it off to its children so they can redecorate it, then ride it again and so on. Anyone else been having this notion? Or is it just me that thinks life has become a bore.

yep, time for another revolution. Lets refill the world with a sense of glory and mysticism.

I'm afraid "lice" have that letter pretty well locked down.

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »

Erm... Leprosy!
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »

As for the Es, you just need to live in the North of England - "Eeee, it's t'plague!"

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »

As for the Es, you just need to live in the North of England - "Eeee, it's t'plague!"

Or to save you from some grim northern shithole

Encephalitis

:D >:D :D

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »

Erm... Leprosy!
Oooooh, that is better.......
(...and it just wouldn't be the same to list it as "Hansen's disease...)

Dr Gonzo

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2010, 06:49:43 AM »

I got immunised for yellow fever the other day, it causes encephalitis, my doctor tells me it may not kill me.  Which may or may not be a good thing…  I’m full of a longing for the good old days… when motorsport was dangerous and penicillin cured everything.  Maybe not.

I don’t really like the Clash or the Dead Kennedys….   

I had an argument with a girl once, she was arguing against the industrial revolution, I may have called her an idiot. 
My best friend is Alan, he lives in my top pocket and he tells me to start fires.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »

....or a  Luddite?
plenty to be said against the Industrial Revolution..... as it was driven by greed and mainly about cheapening labour costs....as with many of these things the actual inventors and thinkers only saw progess where the people funding their experiments saw only profit
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Dr Gonzo

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 03:12:37 AM »

that’s more of a critique of the nature of capitalism, the human consequences of the economics of adam smith and his like was absolutely terrible.  Fortunately its hasn’t been adopted by a bunch of social darwinists and passed off as economic theory in our own times… 

One of my tutors said something that has stuck with me for a long time;  “this must be the only case in human history where one failed idiom (Keynesianism) has been replaced with another.” But then again greed is a powerful motivator.   
My best friend is Alan, he lives in my top pocket and he tells me to start fires.

lil' lindsay

• im this many.
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:44 AM »

the litmus test for originality is the phenomenon of majority objection. even thats not perfect but a nickel is definitely a coin.
mommy's wingman
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up