THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Indja's Summer Shennanigans  (Read 5445 times)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
Indja's Summer Shennanigans
« on: March 22, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »

This summer, I would very much like to go to Europe for a bit - especially France, so I can practise my Frogging (it's like dogging but you shout OUI, OUI, OOOOUUUUIIIIII!!!), but maybe Italy and Germany too. Oooh, and Denmark....

Anyway, I don't know how to organise a trip of *any* sort, so helpful tips and things would be nice. I'm looking for cheapness, but I'm really not a backpack-and-tent kinda gal, so not too cheap ;) Oh, and I can't fly. Obv. (Simultaneously too scary and too horrid for the environment) But really I just need help on figuring out what I actually need to figure out - I can just see myself getting a hotel booked and having no luggage or something.

If there's any helpful Europeans out there, it'd be nice to know where would be good to visit that isn't crawling with bloody foreigners (i.e, the English xD) but isn't full of people who won't speak slowly enough for me to understand xD

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
Re: Indja's Summer Shennanigans
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »

I am going to France for the summer, perhaps I'll see you there! :)

(Can't offer any other helpful advice, sorry, but if you did want to go to Ireland, I could help out)
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »

Cruise....   Climb aboard a boat, cross the Channel, then just paddle around the
backwaters (literally) of The Continent...

No, but seriously...  You can do that, but I believe it's tres expensive...

Do go, do see the sights, do have fun, do take lots of pictures, maybe send postcards....
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:04 AM »

I'm scared of water, so I think boats are out - leaving me with trains and that's about it xD I wish I wasn't scared of so many things... Ho hum! Has anyone here gone inter-railing before??

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »

you could, in fact, come to the states and learn to tattoo.  just sayin.

CottonCandy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »

I'm scared of water, so I think boats are out - leaving me with trains and that's about it xD I wish I wasn't scared of so many things... Ho hum! Has anyone here gone inter-railing before??

My dad did... in the 70s. And my mum did, they had their honeymoon interrailing.

Ah I'm clearly rubbish as help. As far as I've understood it's lots of fun though. If you can travel light. You can get a whole europe-for-a-month shenanigans, or different versions of different country combinations. When I went back home (to Finland, which is lovely, btw) I found it way cheaper to buy this interrailcard that gave me 3 separate days of unlimited travel in Finland. But they have various packages to your needs.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »

you could, in fact, come to the states and learn to tattoo.  just sayin.

As soon as they build a railway track across the Atlantic and make tickets cost in the hundreds rather than the thousands, I'll be right there. (In all seriousness, I really want to go to the States but have no idea how I could get there... it's horrible. I suppose I could suck it up water-wise and get a boat... But the sea is SCARY!! :'( )

I was looking at the interrail tickets and things, and they seem good but a lot of organisation and I'm really not one for travelling light... I do love a good suitcase full o' stuff and a big hotel bed xD But I realise that this will not be possible on my kind of budget. Ho hum. I think I'd need to decide for sure where I want to go. I could always just hole up in France and refuse to move xD

slyvia k

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »

italy italy italy. or come to france and we'll meet in paris!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 05:10:17 PM »

Paris scares me o.O I've never been, but by all accounts it's very pretty and gorgeous but the people aren't very nice. Though I couldn't really not go, could I?? And though I very much want to visit Italy of COURSE, I'm most invested in France - I want to speak French to real Frenchies, dammit! I've never been :(

stellifera

• we are born with a melody
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »

Interrailing is a good thing, the best way to see lots of Europe in a fair time. Come to the Netherlands. Not to Amsterdam ofcourse. Paris in summer is no fun, go there in May or September/October.
warm and wise and really rather wonderful

and even then i am not usually sure she is into me.  and if i find out she is, my first instinct is to cook for her and fetch her damn slippers.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »

I'm torn between doing stuff in July and September - it all depends on my exam results as to whether or not I can even do ANYTHING in September, because Oxford have an extra month's holiday. I suppose I could do one lot in July and one lot on September if I can? Or something. I dunno.

The Netherlands could be fun - why not Amsterdam?

CottonCandy

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »

I'm supposing because going to Holland just to go to Amsterdam to get totally baked is a bit of a cliche? Not to say that you would, but yeah.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »

I have no desire to go to Amsterdam to get baked. I get baked anyway xD

Paul Jon

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

Paris scares me o.O I've never been, but by all accounts it's very pretty and gorgeous but the people aren't very nice.
I've been to Paris several times and so far never got into a fight.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »

Paris scares me o.O I've never been, but by all accounts it's very pretty and gorgeous but the people aren't very nice.
I've been to Paris several times and so far never got into a fight.

It's not so much fighting that I'm worried about xD I mean, I've lived for 17 years and only got punched once (I said Natalie Prince was a fat wanker and had no friends in year six - it was totally true and I stand by it). It's just they're apparently not very friendly. I want to go though.

I'm gonna ask my cousin and my friend who've both been interrailing like in the last year/two years and see what they say. It's just so confusing!! :(
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up