THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: fake tans, lol!  (Read 8907 times)

cynthiaskeezy

Re: fake tans, lol!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »

Orange people are stupid. I have NEVER had a fake tan. EVER.
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

turtle club

• genuine mint condition
  • shiny
    • my deviant art
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

YUCK
i really don't know how people can think that looks vaguely attractive.
seriously.
i think there may even be a worse look than the full body fake tan, is where they only do PARTS for example just the legs.
means they are normal and pasty arms etc. then they effectively change skin colour when it gets to the legs.
blergh.... :o

keep it natural people!

Oh Symphonia

• twitterverse
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »

It's kind of funny to me thinking about it, but fake tans are such an accepted part of upper-level ballroom dancing (latin and rhythm, in particular) that I don't think anything is weird about it in the context of a competition. Outside of the comps, however... basically, I think the tans are fine as long as they are applied properly (as in very tan is alright, but blotchy neon orange is not) and are removable. There was one champ couple at the Harvard competition I was at the weekend of Mar 28 and the girl had an unfortunate white spot just under one of her butt cheeks that, due to the cut of her costume, you could clearly see when she bent over. Another hadn't tanned her bikini line as much as the rest of her legs, so when she threw her leg up against her partner, her natural skin fairly glowed...

cynthiaskeezy

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2010, 12:22:45 AM »

I'm too scared to get a fake tan -_-
Christine O'Donnell is just like me. She's a gay left-leaner who masturbates daily.

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »

I find the whole look bizarre....there is a certain type of girl in England that wears enough orange tan to make the tango man look palid, clingy shiny dresses that show off a figure one can only acquire with a steady diet of KFC, Macdonalds and hight street fast food...white nylon extensions that are obviously badly tied in, realy pale pink lipstick and horroble talonlike acrylic nails
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

hyperactivebliss

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »

I find the whole look bizarre....there is a certain type of girl in England that wears enough orange tan to make the tango man look palid, clingy shiny dresses that show off a figure one can only acquire with a steady diet of KFC, Macdonalds and hight street fast food...white nylon extensions that are obviously badly tied in, realy pale pink lipstick and horroble talonlike acrylic nails
Chavs?

I've actually used lotion that has fake tan in it. It doesn't really do much of anything. But I'm naturally tan already, so that might be why.

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 11:51:09 AM »

I'm always going to be vampire white.  But hey with this Twilight stuff that's in now right?

Better to be pasty than a carrot.
If you want the twilight look for real, you need to buy out the glitter section in the craft store.

Actually, that sounds like a fun night on the town. Glitter for everyone!
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

Riayn

• Counting Time
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 07:17:26 AM »

Fake tans are huge in my town.  You can't walk down the street without encountering Snooki look-alikes.  It's absolutely ridiculous, especially considering this is Northern Germany and we haven't seen the sun for months.
A paradox wrapped in an oxymoron, smothered in contradictions.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »

when i lived in florida before the days of spray tan, there were people who burned themselves orange.  while they didn't quite get the 'seasoned curly fries' look they get now with the fake stuff, they did turn a weird burnt sienna with a blackish glaze on top.

only thing that tans about me anymore is my hands and forearms.  i got a ridiculous glove tan this year on the bike, but the rest of me stayed properly pale and wan.  

also, anyone who wants to see the sun damage to skin first hand should become a tattooist/piercist.  getting a needle through tanning bed skin is like trying to sew leather, and the sun eats ink right out of your skin.  oh, and i have turned down tattoos till the spray tan faded.  if alcohol won't take it off, i am not fucking with it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up