THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Runaways Movie  (Read 894 times)

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
The Runaways Movie
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:34:43 AM »

Spoiler ALERT!!! I got a pass to a screening of this movie, and I was pretty stoked to see it.

The editing of the film was bad, the dialogue was terrible, but the acting made up for it in the end.

Hollywood always makes the creation of music look like a sleepover pillow-fight ordeal, even when the bands are guys. They always have to invent these jumping on the bed, band bus sing-along moments that just make me cringe. We got the jumping on the bed thing, and the coming up with ideas in the bathroom cliche', but were spared the band bus singalong.

Michael Shannon killed as Kim Fowley, Kristen did a fucking amazing job as Joan. Dakota was good, not amazing. The other members were barely there in the story except for the last bit in the studio where Scout Taylor-Compton got to shine as Lita Ford. No blurb at the end about Lita's exploits after The Runaways seems to be quite a snub.

Joan Jett huffing and learning a Suzie Quatro song on the street= TOTAL AWESOME. Not to mention lots of girl on girl making out. Joan is portrayed as a sexual predator of sorts. Lots of drugs too. Rock & Roll!!!

My main feeling about this movie is that I want to listen to more of the music, and see Joan Jett live a few more times before I die. I saw her open up for Robert Plant at the Ohio Center back in the late 80's, and her band wiped the floor with those cornballs Plant was touring with at the time.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: The Runaways Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »

Yeah, but how much nudity was there?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
Re: The Runaways Movie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »

Soulless movie.  Fanning, Stewart, and Shannon are fine.  The directing is awful and I personally feel no amount of talent could salvage the movie.  It's badly written, it's badly produced, and I cannot stress enough that it is REALLY badly directed.

As for the Lita Ford thing, Cherie Currie and Joan Jett kind of hate her.  I like to pretend Lita Ford's post-Runaways career never happened actually. 
Quote from: Fear And Loathing
I'll change my name to Mavis Diles when I'm 70, smoke cigarettes with a really long holder, and play a giant pipe organ in my backyard.

If you did it, say you did it
If you didn't, suck it up and say you did
Pages: [1]   Go Up