THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 57   Go Down

Author Topic: DOCTOR WHO and whatnot...  (Read 99574 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: DOCTOR WHO THE 11TH HOUR
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 02:22:10 AM »

...........anyway...on to episode 2! the cgi was far less intrusive and the story was rather good!
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »

I agree, also the ceramic faced pistol toting queen was amusing and
the rotating heads were subtle/menacing too.

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »

I would just like to state that, despite really enjoying this season, I am UTTERLY TERRIFIED of Matt Smith's chin.
Quote from: Fear And Loathing
I'll change my name to Mavis Diles when I'm 70, smoke cigarettes with a really long holder, and play a giant pipe organ in my backyard.

If you did it, say you did it
If you didn't, suck it up and say you did

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »

I would just like to state that, despite really enjoying this season, I am UTTERLY TERRIFIED of Matt Smith's chin.

That is where he stores all his epicness.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »

Don't like Matt Smith too much so far. Pretty sure he's said that he wasn't really a Doctor Who fan and he comes across like he doesn't realise that he doesn't have to act exactly the same as whoever played the Doctor before him. Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant both realised this and...you know...didn't play the same person. Different people who were similar at times, I guess? Matt Smith..I wouldn't be surprised if he just watched some of the previous series to see where he was picking up from and decided that he had to be David Tennant II.
He's okay, but I just feel like I am watching a David Tennant impersonator.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

24hourchemist

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »

I really liked matt smith in the first episode but he annoyed me in the second episode. I was hoping he would be a bit like david tennent but without the angst, like in the first episode. But then he got all moody. I also think there should be a bit more chemistry (not necessarily romantic) between him and his companion - it was a bit odd that he just told her to go off on thier first trip.

But the series is better than I expected

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 01:58:48 AM »

I think that this series promises to be the best scripted of the new Dr Who, even if the latest incarnation of him is not the most iconic (It is going to be tough to follow David tennant, no matter how annoying he could be at times)
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

armyoflarry

• and army of names
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »

Good lord people, give him a chance to settle in. Christopher had the advantage of starting the coming back of the series, with no one to directly follow. David took a little bit to settle in. The new comapanions always get off to rocky starts with the doctor, especially when they are meeting one that just regenerated. The Doctor not knowing exactly who he is after regeneration and acting a bit like the last one at first is pretty much written into the show's code.

I think he is going in the right direction, and he already is showing signs of being his very own Doctor. The second episode took a big jump forward in my opinion, and I like how early they chose to remind the Doctor that he NEEDS a companion or he has no balance to take his ego down a notch.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:37 AM »

My problem is more to do with the fact that Matt Smith is just acting like he is trying to be David Tennant who, when he started, shared SOME characteristics with the previous Doctor but didn't act like he had stolen his entire personality. I'm sure it will happen less and less but he's...disappointing. When David Tennant first started, I was upset about it, but I was still excited and managed to get into it right away and wasn't let down. Matt Smith has been underwhelming. After all the excitement, I feel pretty let down.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

armyoflarry

• and army of names
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 11:22:17 AM »

My problem is more to do with the fact that Matt Smith is just acting like he is trying to be David Tennant who, when he started, shared SOME characteristics with the previous Doctor but didn't act like he had stolen his entire personality. I'm sure it will happen less and less but he's...disappointing. When David Tennant first started, I was upset about it, but I was still excited and managed to get into it right away and wasn't let down. Matt Smith has been underwhelming. After all the excitement, I feel pretty let down.

That sucks that you feel let down. Now to show my age, I felt let down too after Tom Baker left the series. I hated every doctor after him until they brought the show back. In hindsight I was being very harsh, as they were not that bad. Tom Baker was my first Doctor, and will always be MY Doctor.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 11:43:24 AM »

Anyone know how I can watch this without owning a tv or living in Europe? I really want to see the new doctor without waiting for the DVD...

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »

Good lord people, give him a chance to settle in. Christopher had the advantage of starting the coming back of the series, with no one to directly follow. David took a little bit to settle in. The new comapanions always get off to rocky starts with the doctor, especially when they are meeting one that just regenerated. The Doctor not knowing exactly who he is after regeneration and acting a bit like the last one at first is pretty much written into the show's code.

I think he is going in the right direction, and he already is showing signs of being his very own Doctor. The second episode took a big jump forward in my opinion, and I like how early they chose to remind the Doctor that he NEEDS a companion or he has no balance to take his ego down a notch.

I'm right with you. I mean, I love him already because I'm a fickle beast xD But like you said, DT took a while to get into the swing of things and so will Matty Matt Mattersson. I really liked how he dealt with telling Pondy that he's the last of his kind - he looked a bit... damaged xD I guess cos he's so much quieter that DT was, he has a more subtle feeling about him? I dunno. I loved the 2nd ep - although the word "star whale" is just a fucking joke xD

armyoflarry

• and army of names
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »

Anyone know how I can watch this without owning a tv or living in Europe? I really want to see the new doctor without waiting for the DVD...

torrent the sucker. My wife and refused to wait for BBC America to get around to showing the new episodes, so we download that crap. Then we watch 'em again when they air for real because we iz nerdy like dat.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »

torrent the sucker. My wife and refused to wait for BBC America to get around to showing the new episodes, so we download that crap. Then we watch 'em again when they air for real because we iz nerdy like dat.

What if I suck at torrents? Every time I've tried it takes forever and I don't have internet at home..

armyoflarry

• and army of names
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »

although the word "star whale" is just a fucking joke xD

I kept thinking "That is the name of the next Yes album".

I could hear Jon Anderson in my head singing:

"Mythical Beast, interstellar child of time.
Saving England, on the back of love's design.
How can we torture, the star whale for his gift?
Unhumankind, our souls set adrift!
DIDOW!!!"

Yes, total nerd am I.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 57   Go Up