THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 57   Go Down

Author Topic: DOCTOR WHO and whatnot...  (Read 100498 times)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
Re: DOCTOR WHO THE 11TH HOUR
« Reply #660 on: September 10, 2012, 03:42:01 AM »

For the most part, it doesn't really matter where you start. Sure starting with the 9th Doctor would be best. But, I've seen people start with 11, and go back to season 1 and watch from the 9th Doctor.

I started watching from Season 1, then fell off the train. But got back on with Season 5, before going back to rewatch the other seasons.
If you don't want to start with season 1. Then begin with season 5, and if you like it enough, see if you want to go back to season 1 and discover the 2 previous doctors.

I haven't gone back earlier than the 9th doctor yet, mostly because I'm unsure where to start with them.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #661 on: September 10, 2012, 03:52:44 AM »

the 9th doctor is the one who launched the new series right? that seems like a good place to start. most people have been saying to me that i should start with the old series and i felt overwelmed by the amount of seasons in that. i'll start downloading the 9th doctor then and see what happens.i believe that's the one with Billie as the assistant?! i liked her back when i was a teenager. but i will be really looking forward to the season in which Catherine Tate appears. I adore her!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #662 on: September 10, 2012, 04:18:15 AM »

the 9th doctor is the one who launched the new series right? that seems like a good place to start. most people have been saying to me that i should start with the old series and i felt overwelmed by the amount of seasons in that. i'll start downloading the 9th doctor then and see what happens.i believe that's the one with Billie as the assistant?! i liked her back when i was a teenager. but i will be really looking forward to the season in which Catherine Tate appears. I adore her!
Yes, the 9th kickstarted the new series.
Catherine and Billie are my favourite companions.
There is a lot to go back to in the old series. I agree. Which is part of why I haven't gone there yet.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #663 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »

i'm downloading the 1st season of the new series.and if i feel it's not my cup of tea, i'll keep in mind that i should give season 5 a go too.although i rarely abandon series (or books, or movies for that matter).thanx for the advice!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #664 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »

@Niels - I'm right with you on the Moff front. I'm actually thinking of not watching this season at all. I watched last week with Oswin and it made me so sad and angry that it took me ages to get round to watching this week's episode, and then I was just disgusted by it before the opening credits so I turned it off. Moffat is a sexist, queer-baiting cunt with no grasp on the morality that Russell T Davies established when he was show-runner. He's dragging the show through the muck, and it actually hurts a little bit.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #665 on: September 10, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »

i've watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 and i'm hooked. i hope i can finish the first 6 seasons before the 7th ends, so i can watch it live as it goes

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #666 on: September 10, 2012, 11:13:24 AM »

^1-5 are the bomb ;)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #667 on: September 11, 2012, 01:24:31 AM »

You could always go back to the REAL season 1...

Most or all of it was available on Netflix last time I checked...

Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #668 on: September 11, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »

For the most part, it doesn't really matter where you start. Sure starting with the 9th Doctor would be best. But, I've seen people start with 11, and go back to season 1 and watch from the 9th Doctor.

I started watching from Season 1, then fell off the train. But got back on with Season 5, before going back to rewatch the other seasons.
If you don't want to start with season 1. Then begin with season 5, and if you like it enough, see if you want to go back to season 1 and discover the 2 previous doctors.

I haven't gone back earlier than the 9th doctor yet, mostly because I'm unsure where to start with them.
Check out the fourth doctor. Tom Baker is awesome and Sarah Jane was rad too.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #669 on: September 11, 2012, 03:09:21 AM »

unfortunately i can't use netflix from my greece

Check out the fourth doctor. Tom Baker is awesome and Sarah Jane was rad too.
i'm on season 1 of the new series but i'm so hooked that when i finish it i'll definitely check some of the previous doctors.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #670 on: September 12, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »

:D

get your mind out of the gutter - it's a boiled egg holder. 

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #671 on: September 12, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »

season 1 finished and it was amazing! i can't believe i've been missing out on this for so long. at first i thought i wouldn't accept Christopher Eccleston for the part because i always had David Tenant in my mind as the doctor, but it turns out he was really good. i'm now starting season 2, so i'll see what Tenant gave to the character!

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #672 on: September 12, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

The issue with Eccleston is he has never liked sticking with one program/character for too long. His Duke of Norfolk in Elizabeth was still one of the best performances in the movie I've seen.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #673 on: September 13, 2012, 02:50:21 AM »

The issue with Eccleston is he has never liked sticking with one program/character for too long. His Duke of Norfolk in Elizabeth was still one of the best performances in the movie I've seen.
i thought i didn't know who he was at first and after i looked him up on imdb i realised i'd seen many of the movies he's been in.i'll have to rewatch some of them now!

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #674 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »

Mr. H will always have a special place in my heart. He was my first Doctor. He broke my Who cherry.

Now I have a question. Am I the only one whose a bit annoyed with Rose in the way she dealt with Mickey?
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 57   Go Up