THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 57   Go Down

Author Topic: DOCTOR WHO and whatnot...  (Read 96215 times)

JohnnyDBBUK

• Proud custodian of the Neville sisters souls
  • Where in time is Brian Viglione?
    • ~Gaslight Cabaret Club~
Re: DOCTOR WHO THE 11TH HOUR
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »

nope - only the stripping ones :)

:o SHE'S A KISSOGRAM NOT A STRIPPER

meh, a moot point. It's def not a proper lady-cop uniform

British police woman

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 06:55:55 AM »

I liked the last episode. It were good.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

JohnnyDBBUK

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2010, 07:28:50 AM »

I liked the last episode. It were good.

you were all scared. awww  :love5:

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

I am going to KILL A BABY.
I have been trying to watch Angels for the past two days but the only access I have to it is Megavideo.  Megavideo stops you after 72 minutes of video and makes you wait an hour. 
Two issues there.
1: I never actually have another hour after I set aside time to watch this show.
2: All of my college's internet runs off the same IP address.  So it lumps everyone together as one viewer.  So I get, say, 25 minutes into an episode and it shuts me right the fuck down.  Sometimes I can only get five minutes.  It's very irritating.
Quote from: Fear And Loathing
I'll change my name to Mavis Diles when I'm 70, smoke cigarettes with a really long holder, and play a giant pipe organ in my backyard.

If you did it, say you did it
If you didn't, suck it up and say you did

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »

I have been trying to watch Angels for the past two days but the only access I have to it is Megavideo.  Megavideo stops you after 72 minutes of video and makes you wait an hour. 
Two issues there.
1: I never actually have another hour after I set aside time to watch this show.
2: All of my college's internet runs off the same IP address.  So it lumps everyone together as one viewer.  So I get, say, 25 minutes into an episode and it shuts me right the fuck down.  Sometimes I can only get five minutes.  It's very irritating.

bit-torrent is your friend.....   :)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

JohnnyDBBUK

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:04 AM »

I can summarise it
doctor why we in museum - oh no reason
oh look a plot device in a case
"oh look a person I can interact with wants me to bail her out"
reunite scene aboard the tardis
back n forth married couple banter
oh dear the ship they followed crashed and was storing an angel.
drawn out helper girl v angel in screen
drawn out walking through tunnels soldiers going hey Dave/Bob/Jim come see - angel gets them (repeated 3 times)
doctor bites helpers hand after angel contacts them via deadguy voices
doctor give connecting spech about planets imhabitants having 2 heads
shock horror the statues have one head and then they go oh many statues... we dead
doctor gives tired speech about don't make me angry (like he always does) say I'm the doctor, everybody jumps
they jump and credits.
the end.

How much is moffat paid?

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »

Two issues there.

All ports save the ones for the actual internet and the one for AIM are choked off.  No torrenting possible on campus unless you actually know how to get around these things, and I am NOT good with computers. 
I'll change my name to Mavis Diles when I'm 70, smoke cigarettes with a really long holder, and play a giant pipe organ in my backyard.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »

Two issues there.
All ports save the ones for the actual internet and the one for AIM are choked off.  No torrenting possible on campus unless you actually know how to get around these things, and I am NOT good with computers. 
Know anyone off-campus who could d/l and burn it to disc for you?
I'd be happy to snail-mail it (after waiting for part 2), but it'd take a while to arrive....

I could probably work-around the port-issue if I were there, but no way I could talk you through
the process.  Maybe someone else here has the requisite expertise....

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2010, 10:56:11 AM »

Our computer science department is SHIT.  I am surprised we even have it as a major.  It's a joke.  Most of our departments are great, but comp. sci....no.  Just no.  Nobody here has that knowledge.  Nor does anyone I know off campus have the time/energy/will to download and burn things.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »

I can summarise it
doctor why we in museum - oh no reason
oh look a plot device in a case
"oh look a person I can interact with wants me to bail her out"
reunite scene aboard the tardis
back n forth married couple banter
oh dear the ship they followed crashed and was storing an angel.
drawn out helper girl v angel in screen
drawn out walking through tunnels soldiers going hey Dave/Bob/Jim come see - angel gets them (repeated 3 times)
doctor bites helpers hand after angel contacts them via deadguy voices
doctor give connecting spech about planets imhabitants having 2 heads
shock horror the statues have one head and then they go oh many statues... we dead
doctor gives tired speech about don't make me angry (like he always does) say I'm the doctor, everybody jumps
they jump and credits.
the end.

How much is moffat paid?

Ooh! Ooh! I know, Johnny - why don't YOU write it?! You clearly know waaay better than a guy who's been writing for television for 20 years and has a slew of awards to his name, not mention meeting unprecedented popularity for his work.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »

While I am very much withholding judgement in this specific case, I'm surprised
anyone in this crowd would equate experience, mass-popularity and commercial
success with actual creative ability....

(...and cute as that Tommy-dalek was, the episode as a whole was rather a mess...)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »

It wasn't written by Moffat, it was written by Mark Gatiss and was a fucking shambles. Moffat's written the best episodes of the new series - he did the first angels one, the clockwork French people, the gasmask kid - all the ones that stand out from the others in a serious way.

As for not paying attention to experience, popularity and commercial success, he's writing for a Saturday night slot on the BBC - if he isn't commercially popular, he's not doing his job properly. I also don't buy that because someone is popular, they must be shit - an awful lot of little, unheard-of writers, artists, etc, are so because they're just not as good as other people.

I'd also like to apologise to Johnny for being a little cuntshit in my last post. Sorry. I'm in a foul mood, but I shouldn't take it out on you. Not that you're here... o.O

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »

Two issues there.

It’s been a while since I’ve watched anything on Megavideo but I believe that 72 minutes before midnight is the best time to watch something like a long tv show or movie. That method seemed to allow us the ability to watch a film with only a brief interruption. It might even just be a case of pre-loading the video into the streaming memory but I can’t remember if that worked or not.

JohnnyDBBUK

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:39 PM »

It wasn't written by Moffat, it was written by Mark Gatiss and was a fucking shambles. Moffat's written the best episodes of the new series - he did the first angels one, the clockwork French people, the gasmask kid - all the ones that stand out from the others in a serious way.

As for not paying attention to experience, popularity and commercial success, he's writing for a Saturday night slot on the BBC - if he isn't commercially popular, he's not doing his job properly. I also don't buy that because someone is popular, they must be shit - an awful lot of little, unheard-of writers, artists, etc, are so because they're just not as good as other people.

I'd also like to apologise to Johnny for being a little cuntshit in my last post. Sorry. I'm in a foul mood, but I shouldn't take it out on you. Not that you're here... o.O

Of all of them I don't mind Moffat.
I think I will write a Doctor who episode in which there are no pseudo science getaways from imminent death.
no magic tea rebirths no drivel about drums tied to pop music cha ching.
it will be like pre-90's who where the sets we're crap and the doctors were old men :P

ps be a cunt if you like I still think you're ok its only TV debate nothing personal
I shouldn't really rant here :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »

I'm right with you on the drums thing xD And srsly, no-one's died for fucking ages. It sucks. I love it when people die xD

As for it not being personal, I do have a tendency to make things personal when I'm grumpy, so I was nipping it in the bud :D Rant away!

We should do a whole Box-based Doctor Who spin-off with wobbly sets, homoerotic undertones and not a CGI monster in sight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 57   Go Up