THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 57   Go Down

Author Topic: DOCTOR WHO and whatnot...  (Read 99773 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: DOCTOR WHO and whatnot...
« Reply #705 on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »

Due to Neil recently confessing to a Mary poppins fetish and Amanda expressing a desire to fulfil this in a doctor who episode.... this got created....

the Doctor becomes the assistant of Mary Poppins (played by AfP) in an adventure to save the worlds children fromm an evil nanny invasion....Mary Poppins status as an ancient rogue time lord is revealed.....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #706 on: October 09, 2012, 10:01:51 AM »

chellinchen

« Reply #707 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

50 anniversary show news?    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news/Billie+Piper-260761.html

I'm trying so hard not to get too excited about the anniversary, because I don't want to end up disappointed.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #708 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »

but wouldn't that mean 10.5 would be there as well?
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #709 on: October 12, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

a storyboard version of a scene that was never shot, telling what happened to the Ponds and Rory's dad:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWU6XL9xI4k&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XWU6XL9xI4k&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #710 on: October 14, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »

It's got to be David Tennant, especially with his real accent!
Can I join?
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Reptile

« Reply #711 on: October 15, 2012, 05:57:16 AM »

Can I join?

Certainly, it is good to share!

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #712 on: October 17, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »

Can I join?

Certainly, it is good to share!

Allonsy then!
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

nottheonethatscrazy

• I am not your lover. I am the map you use to find him.
  • I want my chest pressed to your chest.
    • That never talking thing you do is effective.
« Reply #713 on: October 26, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

Thoughts:

The Doctor + Rose forever.
Amy Pond is essentially Bella from Twilight. Classic damsel in distress.
Rory is lovely.
That's one of my main problems with Moffat's writing. He wants to completely change what Doctor Who is all about.
^Agreed completely.
I miss many of the great acting parts that Eccleston and Tennant had, where they really had an opportunity to explore the Doctor's mind and beliefs, whereas now I don't feel like I get enough of those good serious moments. It's all about Amy Pond and does she love Rory or the Doctor and oh but Rory thinks he loves her more and blahblahblah. I still love the show, but I feel like it's lost something.
p.s. I really want a follow up on 10.5/metacrisis Doctor and Rose.

sangrebloom

« Reply #714 on: October 27, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »

^ Yes to all of that! (yay 10.5!)

It took me a long time to get to really like Matt Smith as The Doctor, and they gave him this 'clean slate' to work with... is it wrong that I look forward to who will be the next Doctor already? I'm also not terribly thrilled with the new companion either. I feel that this Doctor had to 'grow on me' A LOT.
I had to google pegging.

nottheonethatscrazy

« Reply #715 on: October 28, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »

I just dunno if anyone will top David Tennant for me. Matt Smith is still gonna have to grow on me. I feel like, even though Tennant's interpretation of the Doctor is different than Eccleston's, it is a believable transition. When 9 first met Rose, he was very pessimistic and down about the human race as a whole, and really didn't have much faith in them. But through Rose and traveling with her he softens and begins to have more hope, which you can start to see in the end of 9 and definitely in 10. It's like he tells Rose when he gives her 10.5. Rose made him better and helped free him of all that rage and recklessness, and she could do the same for 10.5.
I feel like Matt Smith is just kind of a curve ball. I know that every actor has to put their own spin on the Doctor, but I can't really see any of 9 or 10 in 11. He seems more naive and almost less experienced than the previous Doctors.
I'd definitely like to see a new Doctor soon. And the new companion seems to be a lot like Amy Pond.
Kind of sassy, pretty, cutesy. What I miss about Rose and Martha and even Donna is that they all helped and knew what to do without the Doctor, like Rose in The Satan Pit episode in season 2. She believes the Doctor might be dead and has no way of reaching him, but she still galvanizes everyone together and tries to actively think of solutions to problems, instead of getting herself caught or always waiting on the Doctor's help. It seemed that Oswin was clever, but I think most of that was contributed to the fact that she was (unbeknownst to herself) a Dalek.
I suppose what bothers me the most is that Moffat likes to pretend that Amy Pond is the only companion that the Doctor has ever cared about. His special favorite. He never mentions any previous companions, even though 10 spent two whole seasons kind of pining for Rose. He seems to completely forgotten about everyone else other than Pond.
I know, new Doctor and whatnot, but it seems like a completely different show since Tennant left.

My god. I didn't realize I had all that to say...
I'll just be leaving now...haha.
I

sangrebloom

« Reply #716 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:46 PM »

I just dunno if anyone will top David Tennant for me. Matt Smith is still gonna have to grow on me. I feel like, even though Tennant's interpretation of the Doctor is different than Eccleston's, it is a believable transition. When 9 first met Rose, he was very pessimistic and down about the human race as a whole, and really didn't have much faith in them. But through Rose and traveling with her he softens and begins to have more hope, which you can start to see in the end of 9 and definitely in 10. It's like he tells Rose when he gives her 10.5. Rose made him better and helped free him of all that rage and recklessness, and she could do the same for 10.5.
I feel like Matt Smith is just kind of a curve ball. I know that every actor has to put their own spin on the Doctor, but I can't really see any of 9 or 10 in 11. He seems more naive and almost less experienced than the previous Doctors.
I'd definitely like to see a new Doctor soon. And the new companion seems to be a lot like Amy Pond.
Kind of sassy, pretty, cutesy. What I miss about Rose and Martha and even Donna is that they all helped and knew what to do without the Doctor, like Rose in The Satan Pit episode in season 2. She believes the Doctor might be dead and has no way of reaching him, but she still galvanizes everyone together and tries to actively think of solutions to problems, instead of getting herself caught or always waiting on the Doctor's help. It seemed that Oswin was clever, but I think most of that was contributed to the fact that she was (unbeknownst to herself) a Dalek.
I suppose what bothers me the most is that Moffat likes to pretend that Amy Pond is the only companion that the Doctor has ever cared about. His special favorite. He never mentions any previous companions, even though 10 spent two whole seasons kind of pining for Rose. He seems to completely forgotten about everyone else other than Pond.
I know, new Doctor and whatnot, but it seems like a completely different show since Tennant left.

My god. I didn't realize I had all that to say...
I'll just be leaving now...haha.
I
[/size]

Yes, I can agree with all that.  If anything he's acted like all he wanted to do is forget all the other companions, he was three words away from declaring his love for Rose if you ask me. 
When they were in planet that was a library, River Song talked about the future Doctor as someone that grew past Tennant's wee bit angsty Doctor and instead He's this kinda ironic hipster who only realizes he likes glasses after he swipes Amy's when before he carried around his own.   Seeing him upset is the only thing that made him grow on me...and his lack of eyebrows disturbs me.
I had to google pegging.

nottheonethatscrazy

« Reply #717 on: October 29, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »

Yeah, he is definitely the hipster's Doctor. Kind of fumbling and socially awkward.
Speaking of River, I like her lots. Those two library episodes in season 4 are some of my favorites.
And...eyebrows...http://heckyadoctorwho.tumblr.com/post/34093997519

sangrebloom

« Reply #718 on: October 30, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

LOL! that is just amazing! Hysterical! I just ran around the house showing all the housemates. We love you for that.
I had to google pegging.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #719 on: October 31, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

So I was just watching an old re-run of Remington Steele, and there was Tom Baker
as a washed-up, disgraced ex-cop who's trying to frame the gem thief who made a
fool of him years before.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 57   Go Up