THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Campaign to save the life of Kiana Firouz at risk of deportation from the U.K.  (Read 4717 times)

slyvia k

Coilhouse magazine picked the story up from Kim's blog and it's getting reblogged/reposted like crazy.  :headbang:
Neil also just tweeted the Coilhouse link.
http://coilhouse.net/2010/05/save-the-life-of-kiana-firouz/#more-14946

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube

Shared the story on my FB too. I sometimes can't believe that shit like this still happens.

It's really disgusting that things like this still happen, I mean, c'mon, really?
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

slyvia k

it is just fucking sickening.  :'(
and the Vatican -together with many Islamic countries- voted against the depenalization of homosexuality. HA, talk about internalized homophobia! dirty bastards.

i find it a bit weird that my gayness is being exposed to the world... kim reposted my letter and an excerpt of it ended up on coilhouse, and also the letter i sent (in italian) to politicians and activists has been reposted on some of their blogs.
but yeah i mean, i don't even care... it's for a greater cause. 

overratedtoejam

this is horrible. i'll definitely do what i can to help. O0

slyvia k

thanks darling

24hourchemist

This made me cry, I feel disgusted that the government here in the UK wouldn't grant asylum for someone whose life is in danger.

I signed the petition yesterday and posted it to facebook but I feel like I should do more.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube

By the way I signed the petition.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

jakepatch

signature #13654 O0

slyvia k

signature #13654 O0
yay that's awesome. yesterday morning there were about 8500 sigs, and the petition has been going on from the 19th of april at least (i saw on a blog dated april 19th that they talked about the petition).
so these last 2 days it looks like more people are finally getting to know about this  :headbang:

absynth aura

• Fill me with your

Signed the petition, retweeted coilhouses link, and posted Kims blog link on my FB
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames

YOU DIDN'T READ I don't want to sound like I'm advocating possible law breaking...but couldn't she...just sneak...onto a boat and get out of the UK and to the mainland? THIS HERE!

#@!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?

YOU DIDN'T READ I don't want to sound like I'm advocating possible law breaking...but couldn't she...just sneak...onto a boat and get out of the UK and to the mainland? THIS HERE!

#@!
While that would almost certainly get her a whole new set of asylum appeals in a new country,
it would tend to prejudice that country's "system" against her.  The UK is dragging its collective
heels about eventually saying "yeah, okay, you can stay", but they also don't seem in a big hurry
to send her back either.

I'd say wait 'til the Brits are actually gonna kick her out before doing anything that dramatic.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!

Nobody around here is aware of what's going on, so I forwarded the article to quite a big news website, and it's discussions website.
Sylvia makes me want to do something, spread the word and stuff, but I can't (read: am scared) to do that everywhere :-\
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

stellifera

• we are born with a melody

from coilhouse.net:

Not sure if messages addressed to that email for the BHO (public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) are going through.

I’m hoping to hear back from Kiana herself via email so Coilhouse can do a bit more follow-up and fact-checking.

Meantime, commenter Ethan suggests “writing a letter to either of these two as well. Taking the time to write a personal letter is much more effective than just signing a petition, please do both.”

Minister of State (Borders and Immigration) -
Home Office, 2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
Fax: +44 870 336 9034

Secretary of State for the Home Department -
Home Office, 2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
Fax: +44 20 7035 0900
----------------------------------------------
am forwarding things to the COC, the dutch lgbt-organisation. it seems indeed that nobody knows about it here in dutchland.
warm and wise and really rather wonderful

and even then i am not usually sure she is into me.  and if i find out she is, my first instinct is to cook for her and fetch her damn slippers.

MelKilledAFP

• girl anachronism.
    • Us People Are Just Poems

signed and will RT also if i see any further tweets on it. must have missed neil's.
I would trade my mind for a windmill
for a boat made of notebook paper not covered by words
(From Windmill.. an unfinished poem by me)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up