THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texas...  (Read 1058 times)

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
Texas...
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »

I guess you've heard the news about Texas textbooks. My father watches Fox News, so I inadvertently catch whiff of whatever's going on according to them.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
Re: Texas...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »

I guess you've heard the news about Texas textbooks. My father watches Fox News, so I inadvertently catch whiff of whatever's going on according to them.

This has been news for a few months now, the big story originally was when they wanted to take out a lot of what Thomas Jefferson did.

Also fun thing while you watching, when a show like special report is on listen to what the anchor says before cutting away to the reporter.  A fun one I heard was "Here to comment on Obama's planned take over of health care....".

Such bias just sucks and kills the news, it's the same reason I hate Ed Schultz's show, he is like the Hannity of the left.  I highly recommend NPR, you hear bothy sides and the hosts stop any of that yelling back and forth which is the backbone of most cable news.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »

thankfully, technology has made it much cheaper for publishers to make smaller runs of textbooks for smaller states who used to just buy Texas textbooks, so hopefully the damage will be minimized.

#@!

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:46:53 PM »

This has been news for a few months now, the big story originally was when they wanted to take out a lot of what Thomas Jefferson did.

Also fun thing while you watching, when a show like special report is on listen to what the anchor says before cutting away to the reporter.  A fun one I heard was "Here to comment on Obama's planned take over of health care....".

Such bias just sucks and kills the news, it's the same reason I hate Ed Schultz's show, he is like the Hannity of the left.  I highly recommend NPR, you hear bothy sides and the hosts stop any of that yelling back and forth which is the backbone of most cable news.

I should listen to NPR. I don't like TV news except when it's local interest.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_history_textbook_controversies
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...
Pages: [1]   Go Up