THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For those who have watched Twin Peaks...  (Read 1211 times)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
For those who have watched Twin Peaks...
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »

..when it was on TV.

Because the polemic over Lost's last episode I'm making an article to my website about TV shows with mysteries that were solved only on the last episode. So I decided to chose Twin Peaks as one of them. And I'd like to know your reactions when the series was over. If you could answer this questions and make a testimonial about what you were expecting, it would be bliss.

How do you felt about it?
Did you like the end? Did you think it was good / comprehensive within the series (i.e: the end made sense for what the show was proposing)?

I watched it on DVD, so it does not count that much, since I did not had to wait for the next episode / season. 

Thank you in advance!
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
Re: For those who have watched Twin Peaks...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »

I watched the series back in the day.

I actually thought the ending of Twin Peaks really worked well. The whole series was typical David Lynch. Just as it would start to take on a linear storyline, Lynch would throw a curveball & take it somewhere different.
I don't know how it was marketed or advertised in The US but in The UK the pilot & first few episodes were advertised with the slogan "Who Killed Laura Palmer" So I suppose having initially started watching the series under that premise & subsequently viewing it as something else entirely I had no preconceptions by the end & thought the **SPOILER ALERT**Doppelganger/evil alternate ending worked well.
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »

I watched the series back in the day.

I actually thought the ending of Twin Peaks really worked well. The whole series was typical David Lynch. Just as it would start to take on a linear storyline, Lynch would throw a curveball & take it somewhere different.
I don't know how it was marketed or advertised in The US but in The UK the pilot & first few episodes were advertised with the slogan "Who Killed Laura Palmer" So I suppose having initially started watching the series under that premise & subsequently viewing it as something else entirely I had no preconceptions by the end & thought the **SPOILER ALERT**Doppelganger/evil alternate ending worked well.

First, thank you.

I think that was the main slogan every where. I don´t know if they have aired the pilot before the series, but it spoils A LOT the entire series.  So, be awere folks.

And do you know if that was the reception of most people? Regarded if they weren´t Lynch fans? Thanks!  :)

I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 12:36:15 AM »

Could you throw in a word or two about, say, Firefly...  Dozens of really good mysteries just waiting
to be explored (to say nothing of "explained"), and the bastards pulled the plug on it before it had a
chance to go anywhere.  Best they could manage was a movie that, entertaining as it was, picked
just one (maybe one and a half) of those mysteries, and did a rush-job of invesigating and explaining it.
Also, I suspect the "explanation" we finally got was not the same one Joss W. envisioned when he wrote it.

(Yeah, I know, there's the comic, but that's entirely different.)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »

Could you throw in a word or two about, say, Firefly...  Dozens of really good mysteries just waiting
to be explored (to say nothing of "explained"), and the bastards pulled the plug on it before it had a
chance to go anywhere.  Best they could manage was a movie that, entertaining as it was, picked
just one (maybe one and a half) of those mysteries, and did a rush-job of invesigating and explaining it.
Also, I suspect the "explanation" we finally got was not the same one Joss W. envisioned when he wrote it.

Nice!! Thank you for your suggestion. I never watched Firefly, but I have some friends who did. And I can ask on their communities at Okurt and Facebook.

We' d add X-Files too, but we are planning on making (is this correct? I mean, the future form) a "special"  only about it - X-Files were really huge here for brazilian TV standards, if you think that we did not have internet wide spread like we have today, nor cable tv (here in br). and the series was not aired on the biggest broadcast (and when we say biggest we are talking about almost a monopoly).

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »

Nice!! Thank you for your suggestion. I never watched Firefly, but I have some friends who did. And I can ask on their communities at Okurt and Facebook.

We' d add X-Files too, but we are planning on making (is this correct? I mean, the future form) a "special"  only about it - X-Files were really huge here for brazilian TV standards, if you think that we did not have internet wide spread like we have today, nor cable tv (here in br). and the series was not aired on the biggest broadcast (and when we say biggest we are talking about almost a monopoly).

It's available on DVD, and well worth the (tragically short) amount of time to
watch it from start to finish...  Then watch it again, and notice all the stuff
you missed the first time.  Then invite some friends over and watch it again,
and notice a few other little things, and discuss them with your friends....
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

earthshine

• Lord of the Thighs
  • I've got terminal uniqueness!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »

YAY FIREFLY!!! :D :D

This reminds me..."Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" = sigged 8)
Quote from: Indja
Quote from: CeeGBee
Is pussy allowed in the Batcave?   :-\
Homophobe.

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

http://twitter.com/sisterdisco http://www.facebook.com/nat.davies1
ADD ME!!! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up