THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Acceptable age difference  (Read 16207 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
Re: Acceptable age difference
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

It didn't work for us. I don't know. I'll just make a quotation from Ally McBeal to summarize our first date;

"The truth is conversation struggled for a while. We both loved movies, but different ones. We both liked sports, but different ones. We both were afraid of Geoge Bush, but different ones."

It was not just the age gap, i think he still thinks too much about the past. There's no future or blank page for him, though he informed me about some of his future plans, there are still some things he couldn't get over.

You know in the first dates, people mostly talk about whatever they like. He mostly told me the things he didn't like. He talked too much about his exes.

And also, though i thought i knew him well, because we have many common friends, it turned out that he had two kids. It was still ok for me until he said he hadn't seen them for years. I've actually seen my father in him.
aw well darling, you'll find MUCH MUCH better, don't worry.  :)

Sylviee, grazie molte  :) i'm not worried whether i will or not. I gave up thinking about it, i guess it's a matter of right time right place and right person.

And i'm glad because he had been honest with me, at least.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

slyvia k

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »

It didn't work for us. I don't know. I'll just make a quotation from Ally McBeal to summarize our first date;

"The truth is conversation struggled for a while. We both loved movies, but different ones. We both liked sports, but different ones. We both were afraid of Geoge Bush, but different ones."

It was not just the age gap, i think he still thinks too much about the past. There's no future or blank page for him, though he informed me about some of his future plans, there are still some things he couldn't get over.

You know in the first dates, people mostly talk about whatever they like. He mostly told me the things he didn't like. He talked too much about his exes.

And also, though i thought i knew him well, because we have many common friends, it turned out that he had two kids. It was still ok for me until he said he hadn't seen them for years. I've actually seen my father in him.

Sylviee, grazie molte  :) i'm not worried whether i will or not. I gave up thinking about it, i guess it's a matter of right time right place and right person.

(( i know it's not the right thread, but very quietly, hence the parenthesis, how is it going with your bosses? are they treating you better? ))

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »

(( i know it's not the right thread, but very quietly, hence the parenthesis, how is it going with your bosses? are they treating you better? ))

(the way they've been treating me since the talk is far better. and it's going really well. i could never imagine it. i guess, me raising my voice and emphasizing how sick and tired i was of their rude behavious, took them by surprise. it's as if they're new people at the office haha)
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »

got it bad, got it bad, got it bad:     http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/01/10549926-calif-teacher-resigns-after-leaving-family-for-student
Yeah, they're gonna be soooo happy together....
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »

ya never know...years ago, my HS trig teacher married a girl a year younger than me.

She'd apparently taken his class in her junior year. then, after she graduated a year later, she waited until the regular school year (our seniors finish their year a couple of weeks before the underclassmen) ended. she showed up in the teachers' parking lot on the last day of classes and waited for him to come out to his car. she asked him out, a year or two later they were married and, last I heard (4 or 5 years ago) they were still together.

:love3:

I wouldn't lay good odds on these two, however.

CottonCandy

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2012, 01:58:26 AM »

got it bad, got it bad, got it bad:     http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/01/10549926-calif-teacher-resigns-after-leaving-family-for-student

I think there's a quite a lot more there than the age difference that's complicating things!

In my sister's school, though, there was apparently a young single teacher who met a girl whilst teaching her. They didn't do anything out of bounds of the regular teacher-student relationship, though they were friendly. After she graduated, they kept in touch, got to know each other better, and ended up together. I don't know if they stayed together for a long time -my sister hasn't been in her school for 10 years so a lot might've changed... But that I think is still "acceptable" whilst the above seems dubious because of the lies and the guy leaving his family.

slyvia k

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2012, 08:28:56 AM »

well my current gf was a university professor of mine... though we never spoke when she was still my professor, and i met months later at a gay bar,
and then i think i've bore you all enough already with all the endeavors :p

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »

oh syl.....I have dated TWO of my ex art teachers in the past!
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

slyvia k

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »

oh syl.....I have dated TWO of my ex art teachers in the past!
i hope you mean at the same time!  O0

theseeker

• Look ma, I stole my very own
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »

i'm actually limerent for someone in her early 20's (i'm 15)
(it's unrequited. plus age so i won't ever tell her... yay)

in general, if the relationship's between consenting adults, i don't give a fuck about their age difference(s)

Sorry.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »

the older you both get the less of a difference age makes.

slyvia k

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »

the older you both get the less of a difference age makes.
yeah, and i do think there's just an immense gap between highschool and after highschool, not matter how mature the person might be....

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2012, 01:47:47 AM »

I dated a girl fifteen years younger than me in 2005.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:03 AM »

I dated a girl fifteen years younger than me in 2005.
Just fifteen?  [counts on fingers]
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Up