THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Acceptable age difference  (Read 16218 times)

Tiervexx

Re: Acceptable age difference
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »

the older you both get the less of a difference age makes.
yeah, and i do think there's just an immense gap between highschool and after highschool, not matter how mature the person might be....

I agree... I have met plenty of high school kids who thought of themselves as being much more mature than normal for their age but zero who actually are.  They all have strong emotions that they don't understand at all.  Most people become adults somewhere in their 20's and if two adults want to date it's their business.

slyvia k

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »

the older you both get the less of a difference age makes.
yeah, and i do think there's just an immense gap between highschool and after highschool, not matter how mature the person might be....

I agree... I have met plenty of high school kids who thought of themselves as being much more mature than normal for their age but zero who actually are.  They all have strong emotions that they don't understand at all.  Most people become adults somewhere in their 20's and if two adults want to date it's their business.
yeah, but also in a very practical way... like, they have to do HOMEWORK and go to school everyday and I just think they're way too much at a ''classroom'' stage...

The Epigrammic Poultry

• Fast and bulbous.
  • "Fuck it. Life is short. Create hard."
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »

Gah the boy I'm almost going out with is 15. I'm 17. Is that bad?
Quote from: Captain Awkward
Anyway, you're just walking around with these teeth in your vagina and you think it's normal cos like, who do you ask about that shit? Then, one day you go to have sex with someone & they're all "WHY DOES YOUR VAGINA HAVE A TOOTH IN IT?" That'd be damn awkward.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »

I was still 15 when my first gf turned 17, so I wouldn't think so.

theseeker

• Look ma, I stole my very own
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2012, 10:59:50 AM »

a 15 year old friend of mine is dating an 18 year old, and my 21 year old sister is dating her former professor, who's 29. both of those seem acceptable to me. (my friend and her girlfriend aren't having sex. i'd probably feel differently if they were. weird.)
Sorry.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

a 15 year old friend of mine is dating an 18 year old, and my 21 year old sister is dating her former professor, who's 29. both of those seem acceptable to me. (my friend and her girlfriend aren't having sex. i'd probably feel differently if they were. weird.)

Hmm. I don't know these people so it's obviously hard for me to judge, but with the 15 and 18 year old I think the fact they're not having sex makes it a lot more acceptable. As for your sister and her old professor, I think the age there isn't a problem at all, but it raises questions about how their relationship began - obviously as long as it was after he stopped teaching her then it's fine. Like I said though, I don't know the people involved, and I think a lot of this discussion centres on the maturity of the individuals involved once you're past a sort of acceptable base-line age for sexual behaviour. Obviously it doesn't matter how mature a ten year old is for their age, they should not be doing anything sexual with anyone, much less someone a lot older than them. But once you get to, I suppose I'd say about 16 or 17 but that's just my opinion, then it becomes about maturity.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »

got it bad, got it bad, got it bad:     http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/01/10549926-calif-teacher-resigns-after-leaving-family-for-student

bloom's off of that rose:   http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/07/11075770-teen-student-jordan-powers-dumps-ex-teacher-christopher-hooker-after-his-arrest?lite

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 12:39:03 AM »

got it bad, got it bad, got it bad:     http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/01/10549926-calif-teacher-resigns-after-leaving-family-for-student

bloom's off of that rose:   http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/07/11075770-teen-student-jordan-powers-dumps-ex-teacher-christopher-hooker-after-his-arrest?lite
I'm shocked...

I really thought those two had something special........
(At least I'm sure that's what he said while she was hoovering his johnson in the supply closet...)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

slyvia k

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2012, 04:52:46 AM »

you're both young'uns  :love5:

The Epigrammic Poultry

• Fast and bulbous.
  • "Fuck it. Life is short. Create hard."
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »

you're both young'uns  :love5:
Still feel like a little bit of a pedophile though.
Quote from: Captain Awkward
Anyway, you're just walking around with these teeth in your vagina and you think it's normal cos like, who do you ask about that shit? Then, one day you go to have sex with someone & they're all "WHY DOES YOUR VAGINA HAVE A TOOTH IN IT?" That'd be damn awkward.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Up