THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "is that my son wearing a dress?"  (Read 15149 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: "is that my son wearing a dress?"
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »

she totally stole the dress design from shirley q liquor.
Meh, the cut is classic, and the pattern's 150 years out of date, but I think she makes it work.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

she totally stole the dress design from shirley q liquor.
Meh, the cut is classic, and the pattern's 150 years out of date, but I think she makes it work.
of course she makes it work.  but it's not original.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »

http://badwolfonbakerstreet.tumblr.com/post/30237936359/jokerchenisdifferent-oneandonlygabriel-i

:glasses9:

That is so fantastic! I love it :D (I also love the Cumberflump gif in the sidebar, although the movie it's from was a bit pants...)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »

I just read that. Now that's parenting done right!
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

slyvia k

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 02:16:21 PM »

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »

http://jezebel.com/5954457/watch-strangers-tell-a-little-boy-in-a-costume-store-that-he-cant-be-a-princess-for-halloween
"nip it in the bud?" YUCK. those people are sick. but the last girl really gave me a bit of hope  :love5:

Hot fuck, man. That's disgusting behaviour. I understand not wanting your kid to get bullied, but learning to be yourself even when everyone's a cunt is a way more important lesson. Also not sure how they think one Hallowe'en costume somehow means BLAMMO, GAY KIDS!! xD

CottonCandy

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 03:04:58 AM »

I saw a dad with two small kids at the train station just few weeks ago. The older girl (maybe 5-6) was wearing ruby red sparkly slippers and the son (few years younger) was wearing gold versions. I commented how awesome their shoes were, and both were really proud of them  :love5:

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »

adorable!
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »

This probably should've been given its own thread, given its rather more serious tone...but I'm saving bandwidth and posting it here anyway:     http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/27/us/colorado-transgender-girl-school/index.html

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 02:50:11 PM »

The comments there are just fucking sad, low-minded and full of ignorance. This is my backyard and I have a simple viewpoint:

If the state legally recognizes the child as female, then a state-funded public school should also recognize the child legally as female. This really isn't difficult.

Rose

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 09:49:37 PM »

I understand, from a legal perspective, why they wouldn't want Coy using the girl's bathroom. Even though she identifies as female, she does have male genitalia, and first graders aren't super good about the whole shameshameshamehideyourbody thing yet.. parents might be very uncomfortable to have someone with male genitalia using the same restroom as their little girl if they found out, which they probably would.
But I wish there was a solution that would fit for everyone, because it would have singled Coy out if she had to use the nurse's restroom or the family restroom. This is a shitty situation.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 06:00:27 AM »

I understand, from a legal perspective, why they wouldn't want Coy using the girl's bathroom. Even though she identifies as female, she does have male genitalia, and first graders aren't super good about the whole shameshameshamehideyourbody thing yet.. parents might be very uncomfortable to have someone with male genitalia using the same restroom as their little girl if they found out, which they probably would.
But I wish there was a solution that would fit for everyone, because it would have singled Coy out if she had to use the nurse's restroom or the family restroom. This is a shitty situation.

But girl's toilets have cubicles. It's not like a men's bathroom with urinals, there's nothing to see. Apart from the urinals part, I'm not even very sure why toilets are segregated.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Rose

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »

But girl's toilets have cubicles. It's not like a men's bathroom with urinals, there's nothing to see. Apart from the urinals part, I'm not even very sure why toilets are segregated.
I'm actually not sure why toilets are segregated either, but I'm sure some people feel like they need to be. Not that that's a good reason, but maybe they could actually explain it. If the kids were older I would say it was less of a problem, but first graders are practically kindergarteners are kids that age are still not super good with the whole privacy thing (if I remember right from when my Mom was teaching, which I might not).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Up