THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "is that my son wearing a dress?"  (Read 15151 times)

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
Re: "is that my son wearing a dress?"
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 06:28:24 PM »

It's the same ridiculous Puritanical attitudes towards sex and gender that continue to damage this American society.

CottonCandy

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »

But a boy might hear me poop!

I think that's behind it, mainly. I know someone who was so poop-shy she once held it in for nearly 8 days during a summer camp. She only pooped once, and that was at night, and in the nearly-disused outhouse of the camping centre. Why? The indoor ones that were in the same building people slept in, and the chance someone might've woken up and caught her poopin' was too distressing.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »

But a boy might hear me poop!

I think that's behind it, mainly. I know someone who was so poop-shy she once held it in for nearly 8 days during a summer camp. She only pooped once, and that was at night, and in the nearly-disused outhouse of the camping centre. Why? The indoor ones that were in the same building people slept in, and the chance someone might've woken up and caught her poopin' was too distressing.

We had to deal with this at the summer camp I volunteer at every year. I used to go as a young person too and one year we got sick and tired of all the younger girl holding their poo in so that other people wouldn't hear it. So we put a sign on the bathroom door encouraging people to break the Ta-poo (taboo about poo). It instructed people to start announcing when they were going to poo and encouraged them to debrief to the group afterwards, and also said that there was an official ban on people laughing/commenting on other people's pooing habits unless the person gave explicit permission. It worked like a charm - by the end of the week girls were running up and down the corridor going "I'm away for a poooooo!!" xD

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 01:16:30 AM »

Tiny kids tend to run around with their clothes off anyway, so if the other girls in the toilets did happen to see anything it probably wouldn't be anything new, and as Roisin said, it's kind of unlikely since there are cubicles, anyway.

Apparently they're phasing out gendered toilets at my old uni. Restroom segregation doesn't seem to have much to do with anything more than just plain old conservative habits.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Rose

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »

Tiny kids tend to run around with their clothes off anyway, so if the other girls in the toilets did happen to see anything it probably wouldn't be anything new, and as Roisin said, it's kind of unlikely since there are cubicles, anyway.

Apparently they're phasing out gendered toilets at my old uni. Restroom segregation doesn't seem to have much to do with anything more than just plain old conservative habits.
There's a group or two who have been trying to get that done at the university I may go to. Or they were trying a couple of years ago, I don't know if they're actively trying right now. But they're being met with a fair share of opposition, so I kind of doubt it's going to happen... but it's cool that it's working over on your end of things.
The only problem I could ever see would be the urinals, and that's an obscenely easy problem to rectify.

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »

There's a group or two who have been trying to get that done at the university I may go to. Or they were trying a couple of years ago, I don't know if they're actively trying right now. But they're being met with a fair share of opposition, so I kind of doubt it's going to happen... but it's cool that it's working over on your end of things.
The only problem I could ever see would be the urinals, and that's an obscenely easy problem to rectify.

My only problem with this is that bathrooms would become so much slower. I love urinals, they're so fast.

Rose

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »

My only problem with this is that bathrooms would become so much slower. I love urinals, they're so fast.
Women's bathrooms are already crazy slow anyway unless you hit them at the proper time (at least at my school)... so I wouldn't have a problem with it. And they could always have urinals in stalls or something for guys to use, which would still be fast and would avoid the hoards of slow women.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »

Women's bathrooms are already crazy slow anyway unless you hit them at the proper time (at least at my school)... so I wouldn't have a problem with it. And they could always have urinals in stalls or something for guys to use, which would still be fast and would avoid the hoards of slow women.

I find that if you avoid them at the turn of the hour (at least in uni) then you're golden.
You know how in gym class in school, the showers were all together but they had little partitions and they were at the end of the room? Perhaps they could do something similar with the urinals so that they're still there and still handy and private.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Rose

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »

I find that if you avoid them at the turn of the hour (at least in uni) then you're golden.
You know how in gym class in school, the showers were all together but they had little partitions and they were at the end of the room? Perhaps they could do something similar with the urinals so that they're still there and still handy and private.
I think that would work pretty well. And it's not like girls aren't amazing at not looking at things they don't want to see - they do it all the time in locker rooms at the gym and such. So even if the privacy wasn't perfect, I doubt it would be a problem. But it's the idea of it people hate, no matter how logical a solution you can come up with.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »

I think that would work pretty well. And it's not like girls aren't amazing at not looking at things they don't want to see - they do it all the time in locker rooms at the gym and such. So even if the privacy wasn't perfect, I doubt it would be a problem. But it's the idea of it people hate, no matter how logical a solution you can come up with.

I literally don't understand why they (I don't know who "they" are) waste so much space, besides anything else, with having segregated toilets. If you live with a father or brother or boyfriend, you're going to have integrated toilets and I don't know why it's such a big issue.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »

Can't use em anymore. The PA has seen to that.

Tor_Hershman

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:25 AM »

Moi would like to invite each of ye to join
The   Church   of   ED WOOD
 :headbang: http://www.edwood.org/  :headbang:

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 06:24:24 AM »

Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

I would've already asked the store to turn over any surveillance video to the local police, so I could at least attempt to file assault charges on that fucking idiot.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »

I would've already asked the store to turn over any surveillance video to the local police, so I could at least attempt to file assault charges on that fucking idiot.
It looks like the mother made the whole thing up. http://www.inquisitr.com/892060/mommy-blogger-lied-about-pink-headband-bullying-baker-acted/
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Up