THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOG: cabaret, now  (Read 2568 times)

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
BLOG: cabaret, now
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: BLOG: cabaret, now
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 02:41:15 AM »

..... ho I wish for a way to see this show..... that was truly moving
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:53:13 AM »

the result is even more moving than this blog makes one imagine
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

robby

• awkward teenage boy
    • blog
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »

I am so glad I started my morning with this, so happy.

PolitelyOffend

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »

I've fallen in love with this show. I loved the show long before I saw Bogart's version, but the show has haunted me ever since I saw it. I can't get Amanda's version of "Don't Care Much" out of my head. The girl next to me in the audience, who I later befriended, held my hand while she cried when Amanda sang it. I got chills at the end of "If you could see her through my eyes". Aly Trasher's sob in the middle of "Cabaret" hit me in the gut. And every time Cliff delivers his last lines, even after 3 viewings, I still start to cry. The show is beautiful and I've been telling everyone close to me to see it. It really affected me after the worst 6 months of my life. The show brought up every emotion and every memory of those I've lost and those that have been hurt in my life the past two seasons. It left me a wreck the first time I saw it, but I needed that. It seemed to affect people in different ways based on what they had been through in life. It brought up the range of emotions, good and bad. The worst parts of my life were still raw, so it left me raw.
Apart from the emotional impact, it was also inspiring to see the show. I feel like artists have to see a show like this early in their career to make them aware of what art can do and how powerful it can be. More importantly, what experimenting and taking risks can do. I saw a mini-evolution of the show in 1 week from the last dress rehearsal to the first Friday performance. Each viewing was different for me. The actors explored their characters in different ways, changing from one show to the next. The staging and cues explored the space of the club differently throughout. Different parts of the show were highlighted each night. I feel very lucky to have seen some of this experimentation in action. Each choice worked, but it worked differently. I loved seeing those changes and their effects.
Anyway, rambling.
I loved the show. I can't wait until the last week of the run when I get to see it again.
Thank you <3

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:29:40 PM »

I've fallen in love with this show. I loved the show long before I saw Bogart's version, but the show has haunted me ever since I saw it. I can't get Amanda's version of "Don't Care Much" out of my head. The girl next to me in the audience, who I later befriended, held my hand while she cried when Amanda sang it. I got chills at the end of "If you could see her through my eyes". Aly Trasher's sob in the middle of "Cabaret" hit me in the gut. And every time Cliff delivers his last lines, even after 3 viewings, I still start to cry. The show is beautiful and I've been telling everyone close to me to see it. It really affected me after the worst 6 months of my life. The show brought up every emotion and every memory of those I've lost and those that have been hurt in my life the past two seasons. It left me a wreck the first time I saw it, but I needed that. It seemed to affect people in different ways based on what they had been through in life. It brought up the range of emotions, good and bad. The worst parts of my life were still raw, so it left me raw.
Apart from the emotional impact, it was also inspiring to see the show. I feel like artists have to see a show like this early in their career to make them aware of what art can do and how powerful it can be. More importantly, what experimenting and taking risks can do. I saw a mini-evolution of the show in 1 week from the last dress rehearsal to the first Friday performance. Each viewing was different for me. The actors explored their characters in different ways, changing from one show to the next. The staging and cues explored the space of the club differently throughout. Different parts of the show were highlighted each night. I feel very lucky to have seen some of this experimentation in action. Each choice worked, but it worked differently. I loved seeing those changes and their effects.
Anyway, rambling.
I loved the show. I can't wait until the last week of the run when I get to see it again.
Thank you <3

PolitelyOffend should be reviewing for the media

this bogart/palmer/ensemble collaborative cabaret, and
the d.dolls/ensemble collaborative onion cellar
are among the top theatre i've seen
getting started:

further back:

PolitelyOffend

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 08:55:52 PM »

Anyway, rambling.
Thank you <3

PolitelyOffend should be reviewing for the media

this bogart/palmer/ensemble collaborative cabaret, and
the d.dolls/ensemble collaborative onion cellar
are among the top theatre i've seen
Haha thanks. I'm actually an aspiring writer. The show affected me a LOT. I loved it and can't wait for closing week when I'll be seeing it a couple more times. Also, I saw you at some of the shows in the audience! I wanted to say hi but I didn't know how to say, "Hi, I've seen you post things online," without sounding awkward or creepy!

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 06:28:50 PM »

Also, I saw you at some of the shows in the audience! I wanted to say hi but I didn't know how to say, "Hi, I've seen you post things online," without sounding awkward or creepy!

you would be the first,
and though you are a good writer,
i doubt you are that good an actress

"hi len, i'm politelyoffended on the shadowbox ...
getting started:

further back:

PolitelyOffend

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »

Also, I saw you at some of the shows in the audience! I wanted to say hi but I didn't know how to say, "Hi, I've seen you post things online," without sounding awkward or creepy!

you would be the first,

?
Idk, I feel odd approaching people like that sometimes. I'll definitely say hi next time I spot you at a show :)

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »

you would be the first,

?
Idk, I feel odd approaching people like that sometimes. I'll definitely say hi next time I spot you at a show :)

thanx,
but i understand if you feel odd and don't

the d.dolls fanbase is filled of awesome peeps,
enjoy meeting them as much as you can!!!
getting started:

further back:

Chris Con

• God is a place where some holy spectacle lies.
    • My twitter...
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »

so are there videos of this on youtube? or are cameras not allowed....

also, whats the haps with amanda's shaved head?

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 11:45:09 PM »

Shaved head?? She just cut it shorter for the show...
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Chris Con

• God is a place where some holy spectacle lies.
    • My twitter...
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 12:51:01 AM »

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 12:57:16 AM »

I think that was just a modification to the cut...

someone correct me if I'm wrong...
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:26:04 PM »

I think that was just a modification to the cut...

someone correct me if I'm wrong...

i had a look post-shave.
she was just having it neatened up
(but note, i am not an authority on
 hairdressing/haircutting ; - )
getting started:

further back:
Pages: [1]   Go Up