THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Emotional Alchemy" Featuring Brian Viglione!  (Read 1398 times)

Nicola

• don't give a fuck if she's a
  • Keepin' the "Punk" in Punk Cabaret.
    • NN ... Graphic Design & Street Art
"Emotional Alchemy" Featuring Brian Viglione!
« on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »

Hey ladies and fellas!

Matthew Landis, whom you may know from his time as keyboardist for the World/Inferno Friendship Society, or just his solo work, is coming out with his debut album featuring our own Mr. Brian Viglione on drums!

Unfortunately, this album is not going to see the light of day without some additional funding. Mr. Landis has poured not only his blood, sweat, and tears into this record, but also a lot of his savings, and just can't afford to plunge any deeper into debt to finish it. If you want to contribute, you have just under two weeks to check out his Kickstarter Donation Page and help him to raise the last $1500 he needs. It's really not that much money if we all pitch in, and he's giving away a TON of really nice incentives to everyone who donates. For example, for $40 you get a signed copy of "Emotional Alchemy" (that's the one Brian's playing drums on), as well as his EP "Beneath the Fold," his previous singles, and his chapbook "Like a Moth from His Dead Mouth" (which is fucking gorgeous) in digital format. Other incentives being offered include guest list spots at live shows, music lessons, and poetry workshops, and if you just want to help a friend of our scene realize his vision, you could just throw in a few dollars.

On a totally subjective note, this motherfucker's an incredible musician, and I really want to hear this fucking album. Everytime I see him play live, he blows my mind. I'm not sure who's going to be joining him on his tour this Fall, but I would love to see him rock out with Viggie (I miss you man, it's been too long!), but whatever happens, seriously check him out.
:wav:
I want this image attached to everything I post. Please imagine the little fuckers saying "HUP!" everytime they do the wave. HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
Re: "Emotional Alchemy" Featuring Brian Viglione!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »

I tweeted from the DD Twitter about the project. I also suggested (from my own) that he offer something lower than $25 as a reward incentive. There's a lot of people who I bet would wanna get in on something like this but don't have $25 to pitch in without seeing a direct return.

Just wait 'till you see Lance Horne's Kickstarter, it's gonna knock your socks off.

Nicola

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »

Thanks man. Keep in mind, the dude has about a week to raise $1350. If he doesn't raise the money, we're not going to be hearing any of this material for a long time. I think that's enough of a direct return, personally.
I want this image attached to everything I post. Please imagine the little fuckers saying "HUP!" everytime they do the wave. HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!

Nicola

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »

In the time since my last post, Matthew has raised $400. Currently only $900 is needed to press this record. Go go go!

Nicola

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:28:00 AM »

He's now $320 short, with only 4 days to go. He is SO CLOSE, and I just realized I think I forgot to mention: HE DOESN'T GET A DIME IF HE DOESN'T REACH HIS GOAL.

Now is the time to go and throw this artist some money if you ever wanna hear this record.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up