THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate being an adult!  (Read 5983 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: I hate being an adult!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »

Better than me, I apparently look a good 5+ years older than I am. Bloody early male pattern baldness!

On the plus side of things, I look better now than when I was younger. Also, let's run down the list here:
  • alcohol
  • alcohol
  • real chocolate
  • alcohol

My current honey is 27, and shiny on top, with a puff of hair right in the middle of the shiny.  Doesn't help his situation that he's got curly hair.  I call him Krusty the Clown, but I still love him. 

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

This old guy that hits on me at work (and by old guy I mean he is in his 70s) decided to guess my age and guessed 16.  :violent5: You've been hitting on me for three months and you thought I was underage? How...sweet.
Is he rich?   ^-^
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Two Headed Boy

• is placing fingers through the notches in your spine
    • MySpace
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »

(Yeah, I know, one day it's all gonna catch up with me in one horrifying crash, but for now...)
Thank god - I thought it was just me that felt like that!
Buffalo hunting? I've gone buffalo huntin'? What the fuck does that mean?

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ON-bd5aMiXw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ON-bd5aMiXw</a>

XITLALI

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »

^ haha i hate the cheese's personality at the end it always depresses me  :-\

CottonCandy

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 01:12:37 AM »

This old guy that hits on me at work (and by old guy I mean he is in his 70s) decided to guess my age and guessed 16.  :violent5: You've been hitting on me for three months and you thought I was underage? How...sweet.

One, small thing, why I was happy not to work full-time anymore was that there was this older guy (around 70 as well) who came around really often. I was nice to, him like all customers, and because he was disabled he needed more help with stuff. It started to become a bit weird when he came around more and more often, not buying anything anymore, just coming for a chat... Which became increasingly flirty/suggestive.

I wasn't too excited but you can't be rude to a customer... But it did start to get in the way of my work, I can't just be stuck talking 10-15 minutes to someone when there's paying customers to serve, or other things to do. He started saying stuff like it's hard for him to find women, or how would I feel like dating someone disabled (err, depends if they were actually my age and less creepy?), and last time before I went he said we should go for drinks to get to know each other better. I laughed it off saying I probably need to check with my boyfriend first, but he was really insistant. Urrrgh. I am happy about at least not seeing him nearly as often anymore! He was staring to give me the creeps seriously.

embitteredatheist

• so far ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »

On the baldness note - I just shave it down to a buzzcut all over. It fortunately suits my style in clothing at the moment (yay Ben Sherman, Fred Perry, Dr Martens etc) but I'm not sure how well my relatively unprotected head will hold up in a Brisbane summer :(

Need to get hats!

YellowCornerHouse

• Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »

How Do You Know If You Are Burned Out?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, burnout may be to blame:
•fatigue **
•irritability **
•crying jags **
•anxiety attacks **
•weight gain **
•teeth grinding **
•increased drug, alcohol, or tobacco use
•insomnia **
•nightmares   :'(  :'(  :'(  new symptom 
•forgetfulness **
•low productivity at work **
•inability to concentrate **

I seriously don't know how I can cope.

heartstringz

• killed Amanda Palmer
  • Long Live Punk Cabaret!
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 09:33:30 PM »

I also look younger, and quite often it's really annoying!  I'm 26 and I ALWAYS get ID'd when we go out (and the drinking age here is 18).  It makes me sad sometimes, especially when people (in shops etc) treat me like I'm a teenager.

No-one believes me when I tell them how old I am, and now that I'm engaged I'm getting 'oh you're too young to get married' from strangers/customers etc.  Not that it's any of their business, it's just hard being an adult but looking younger I guess.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »

My current honey is 27, and shiny on top, with a puff of hair right in the middle of the shiny.  Doesn't help his situation that he's got curly hair.  I call him Krusty the Clown, but I still love him. 

I'll probably be that way at 27 curly hair and all, and don't lie you like him for that awesome hair  :love5:, go balding curly haired people!
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »

when you grow up, your heart dies.

[/sheedy]

#@!

Tiervexx

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »

One, small thing, why I was happy not to work full-time anymore was that there was this older guy (around 70 as well) who came around really often. I was nice to, him like all customers, and because he was disabled he needed more help with stuff. It started to become a bit weird when he came around more and more often, not buying anything anymore, just coming for a chat... Which became increasingly flirty/suggestive.

I wasn't too excited but you can't be rude to a customer... But it did start to get in the way of my work, I can't just be stuck talking 10-15 minutes to someone when there's paying customers to serve, or other things to do. He started saying stuff like it's hard for him to find women, or how would I feel like dating someone disabled (err, depends if they were actually my age and less creepy?), and last time before I went he said we should go for drinks to get to know each other better. I laughed it off saying I probably need to check with my boyfriend first, but he was really insistant. Urrrgh. I am happy about at least not seeing him nearly as often anymore! He was staring to give me the creeps seriously.

He stopped being a customer once he stopped buying shit.  Kick his ass out... if you are not sure you have the authority to do so tell your manager what's going on and stress that he ain't buying shit.  Most managers want to get rid of that type of "customer".

...this thread is horrible.  Being an adult does not have to be this way!  I'm much happier now than I was as a kid and not because my childhood was all bad.  I have a lot more freedom now than I did as a kid with no money that was really my own.  I say this not to rub it in but to try to show you that it can be better.

You all need to explore other job possibilities or something...

CottonCandy

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 03:29:14 AM »

He stopped being a customer once he stopped buying shit.  Kick his ass out... if you are not sure you have the authority to do so tell your manager what's going on and stress that he ain't buying shit.  Most managers want to get rid of that type of "customer".

...this thread is horrible.  Being an adult does not have to be this way!  I'm much happier now than I was as a kid and not because my childhood was all bad.  I have a lot more freedom now than I did as a kid with no money that was really my own.  I say this not to rub it in but to try to show you that it can be better.

You all need to explore other job possibilities or something...

Well, I'm happy to say I now see that guy much less as I'm only there one day a week (and that being saturday, I've seen him twice of the 3 saturdays I've worked, but as it is so busy I can ignore him!)... And the reason I only work there one day a week is that I've gone back to education, study psychology so I can actually do something worthwhile like helping people, not putting through their towels and breadbins.

Hush

• this is where it ends.
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »

ugh i was having similar work type issues, as soon as i'd remember i had to do anything with work all of a sudden i'd be exhausted and my entire body would start hurting...i was ALWAYS grumpy and never wanted to do anything when i was home except sleep

and of course i was oldest (as in longest person there, not age) person in my department and so i had to do EVERYTHING including things that were technically not in my job description and got payed SHIT

BUT i got to quit because we're moving and just like that all the sudden im in an awesome mood and not grumpy (well maybe a little from the stress of having to pack and making sure we have enough money to move) but otherwise i'm SO HAPPY!!!

but now i have to get a new job...and i've come to the realization that me and typical jobs do not mix at all...i hate being around people and i hate working with most (not all) people and i hate having to act nice and not swear and blah blah blah...

so instead i think i'll just work on music and hope that my man makes enough moneys for now until i can make moneys with my music
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up