THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Shadowbox, Why am I having such a hard time coming back here?  (Read 16984 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: Dear Shadowbox, Why am I having such a hard time coming back here?
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »

axolotls > frogs

#@!

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

axolotls > frogs

#@!
All amphibians are equal in the eyes of Kermit, our lord and saviour.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »

I can't seem to bring myself to come back here 100% either. I lurk every once in a while and post every now and then but I just can't do it full time. I have 16 days, 6 hours, and 30 minutes of my life logged on this forum. It just doesn't feel like home anymore.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »

it's never felt like home to me. i can't even grasp what that means. i just have fun here.

:)

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »

I used to be on here all the time and I had a blast. I think I just got to the point where some of the people on here made me feel unwanted for various reasons. I started feeling like I didn't belong and that I should be on The Box. Like being a DD/Amanda fan wasn't enough. It's hard to explain.

SpookyTwigg

• Slave to the
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:22 PM »

it's never felt like home to me. i can't even grasp what that means. i just have fun here.

Fun should definitely be the only criteria.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2012, 04:01:38 PM »

for me the forum became a secondary place when amanda opened her twitter account. most of the action, news and intelligent discussions seem to be going on over there. plus on twitter amanda retweets only the most relative and positive so you don't get the nasty comments or the conversations that turn into spam that  you tend to get on a forum

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

Fun should definitely be the only criteria.

Umm, but isn't your home is where you often have fun? Lol.

As i'm not that into Amanda's solo works, i sometimes feel myself like a foreigner, like somebody who is completely unable to understand what it's really about. Anyway i still get easily impressed by some works/blogs/posts of her and Neil Gaiman, that's one of the reasons that keep me here. On the other hand i really like the people here, there's always somebody to listen to you,give you good advices, laugh with you etc. I also like it when i read weird news or scientific facts here. It's not like Fb or some other social network.

I sometimes can't find the power in myself to post things in here, but i definitely like to read any posts written by any of the Boxers.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »

for me the forum became a secondary place when amanda opened her twitter account. most of the action, news and intelligent discussions seem to be going on over there. plus on twitter amanda retweets only the most relative and positive so you don't get the nasty comments or the conversations that turn into spam that  you tend to get on a forum

really? twitter seems so random to me... she retweets interesting posts by people but you can't really have a deeper conversation with them.. there's so many people and i don't feel like i want to talk to any stranger that happened to be retweeted by amanda or someone else in my stream... maybe twitter is just too fast for my taste.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »

really? twitter seems so random to me... she retweets interesting posts by people but you can't really have a deeper conversation with them.. there's so many people and i don't feel like i want to talk to any stranger that happened to be retweeted by amanda or someone else in my stream... maybe twitter is just too fast for my taste.
my point was that on twitter we all interact with Amanda and Amanda with us and even though we don't interact whithin the fanbase, for many people it seems to be all they need!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Up