THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Word Gaffes  (Read 1367 times)

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
Word Gaffes
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:14:22 AM »

I had the misfortune of having to sit and listen to a Small Claims case yesterday.  These are always extremely boring.  In this case, Guy A owed Guy B $200.00.  Guy B went to Guy A's house to collect and, in so doing, drove over Guy A's dog.  Guy A testified that Guy B was "driving sporadically" on his driveway, which brought some muffled guffaws from the peanut gallery.  Well, from me, anyway.  I didn't see anyone else react outwardly to his misuse of the word "erratically".
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: Word Gaffes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 02:31:40 PM »

I had the misfortune of having to sit and listen to a Small Claims case yesterday.  These are always extremely boring.  In this case, Guy A owed Guy B $200.00.  Guy B went to Guy A's house to collect and, in so doing, drove over Guy A's dog.  Guy A testified that Guy B was "driving sporadically" on his driveway, which brought some muffled guffaws from the peanut gallery.  Well, from me, anyway.  I didn't see anyone else react outwardly to his misuse of the word "erratically".
To be fair, if it were your $200 and your dog, it wouldn't be funny, now would it?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up