THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Holographic Singer  (Read 8371 times)

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
Re: Holographic Singer
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 06:15:08 PM »

go download bryce and daz studio (its free) it even has a manga figurine ideal for this.....wish my comp was better at the moment cause then a rendered, dancing 3d manga character would take me approx 1 day to create

Bryce is free now?  I used it back in 2004 to make landscapes for a video and imported objects from truespace.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »

yup free and actually rather good nowadays! Daz studio is its figure animation counterpart (both intercompatible)
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

yup free and actually rather good nowadays! Daz studio is its figure animation counterpart (both intercompatible)

I might have to play around with it a bit in the future, it has been 3 or 4 years since I've touched 3D software the last being Maya.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 01:47:39 AM »

the thing I like about Bryce and Daz Studio (kind of Poser) is that they are incredibly intuitive and user friendly

@raliel

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 06:34:47 AM »

Dethklok would be singing live so what is the difference?
I never said I had a problem with dethklok.

sorry, you will never convince me that an overglorified laser light show set to canned pop music is even close to being a real concert. The whole point of a concert is live music. I just don't like that we have turned another corner to what is acceptable "live entertainment". People have accepted lip-sync as being ok in "live" concerts, auto-tune being used to make hacks sound tuneful, and now we can just create the perfect plastic 3-d bombshell and pass it off as something to marvel at like it was "live" entertainment.

Lightshows and 3-D effects are fine with me as long as it is enhancing the most important thing at a concert, the live music. To replace real live musicians with robo-anime stars, it makes me ill.

You are missing the point:

With the Japanese hologram the only recorded part is the vocals everything else is a live band.....but my current comments which you have been responding to are about DethKlok not the Japanese one.  For the example I am talking about now dethklok the band would still play like they do now live, just instead of seeing them you would see the cartoon representations.
No, you are missing the point. You think I have a problem with the idea of holograms being used in concerts. I never said I did. Tool and Dethklok have nothing to do with it. They are bands using lights and images to enhance their show, not a band backing a fake lead singer.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 08:02:09 AM »

Dethklok would be singing live so what is the difference?
I never said I had a problem with dethklok.

sorry, you will never convince me that an overglorified laser light show set to canned pop music is even close to being a real concert. The whole point of a concert is live music. I just don't like that we have turned another corner to what is acceptable "live entertainment". People have accepted lip-sync as being ok in "live" concerts, auto-tune being used to make hacks sound tuneful, and now we can just create the perfect plastic 3-d bombshell and pass it off as something to marvel at like it was "live" entertainment.

Lightshows and 3-D effects are fine with me as long as it is enhancing the most important thing at a concert, the live music. To replace real live musicians with robo-anime stars, it makes me ill.

You are missing the point:

With the Japanese hologram the only recorded part is the vocals everything else is a live band.....but my current comments which you have been responding to are about DethKlok not the Japanese one.  For the example I am talking about now dethklok the band would still play like they do now live, just instead of seeing them you would see the cartoon representations.
No, you are missing the point. You think I have a problem with the idea of holograms being used in concerts. I never said I did. Tool and Dethklok have nothing to do with it. They are bands using lights and images to enhance their show, not a band backing a fake lead singer.

So are you against all pre-recorded vocal tracks?  What about pre-recorded background music?  Does 100% of the show have to be live in your view?  If so a lot of musicians need to be yanked off tour  ;D

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »

So are you against all pre-recorded vocal tracks?  What about pre-recorded background music?  Does 100% of the show have to be live in your view?  If so a lot of musicians need to be yanked off tour  ;D

None of that has fuck-all to do with anything I have said, or comes close to representing how I feel about live music. I would explain but at this point I think it is pointless. You seem to want to get my viewpoint all wrong. Sorry I kicked your 3-d baby.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »

None of that has fuck-all to do with anything I have said, or comes close to representing how I feel about live music. I would explain but at this point I think it is pointless. You seem to want to get my viewpoint all wrong. Sorry I kicked your 3-d baby.

And the emoticon failed...but for a serious post, you came out against recorded vocals with crazy visuals but with a live band correct?  Then made the point that if it has a live singer it is different (Dethklok being that example). 

You also earlier said:

well, you see, tool is a live band that plays music in front of you. but if you want to pay to see canned music "performed" by canned images, go ahead.

And as I just stated the Japanese example is a fake singer but with a live band backing it up, and we have the opposite here in the west currently with live pop stars many times fully electronic tracks (not to mention computer editing of their vocals).  I am trying to flesh out where the tipping point is in your opinion.  This obviously was a show but that is not too common today, most large acts trend towards that with visuals, pyrotechnics, and lasers etc. instead of a simple concert experience.

The "replacement" of musicians is a long running issue and one of the controversies seeing this "hologram" set off for people because in many instances live bands to back up a singers have been replaced with recordings and or fully electronic sounds.  This along with turntables for many rap and R&B musicians has taking them out of the concert experience in many cases.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »

*bump*

Alice Cooper to perform entire concert in London as a hologram from 5,000 miles away:   http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=644441&affid=100055

:glasses9:

#@!

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 12:06:06 PM »

holy shit!!!!!! Tupac returns as a hologram at Coachella!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8L73tGfOam4#!" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8L73tGfOam4#!</a>

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »

holy shit!!!!!! Tupac returns as a hologram at Coachella!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8L73tGfOam4#!" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8L73tGfOam4#!</a>

They must have seen how much I posted about this.  I'd pay 70-100 bucks easily for a holographic 2Pac concert.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »

it's still not a true hologram...just a rather nifty and high tech version of Pepper's Ghost
it seems we are still using illusion to make people believe in something in a way other than it really is.....

@raliel

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »

I'd pay 70-100 bucks easily for a holographic 2Pac concert.

you might kinda sorta get your chance:    http://now.msn.com/entertainment/0417-tupac-hologram-touring.aspx

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »

our fave virtual pop star Hatsune Miku provides vocals on this track:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayL4pzictu8&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ayL4pzictu8&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

:D

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »

Hatsune made her US television debut last night:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvairSQRlj0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JvairSQRlj0</a>
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up