THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slutcracker TICKET GIVEAWAY in BOSTON Dec 3 & 9 and NYE in MONTREAL, Canada  (Read 2676 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com

We have a few pairs of tickets to give away from our friends in the @Slutcracker. What is the Slutcracker? you may ask. It's exactly what it sounds like, a sexy burlesque, performance art take on the Nutcracker.

"This scene-by-scene retelling of the Nutcracker, resplendent with ribald parody, "whisks the audience away to a carefree realm of sexual fantasy."

rawr.

We have a pair of tickets to give away (two tickets) for the following performances:

BOSTON-AREA
OPENING NIGHT
Friday, December 3rd @ 8pm
Somerville Theatre, Somerville, MA

TO WIN TICKETS to this performance:
Send your full name to --- in an email with the subject:
SLUTCRACKER Dec 3rd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOSTON-AREA
Thursday, December 9th@ 8pm
Somerville Theatre, Somerville, MA.

SLUTCRACKER Dec 9th

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONTREAL, CANADA
NEW YEAR'S EVE
Friday, December 31st
Theatre St-Denis 2, Montreal

SLUTCRACKER in Montreal Dec 31st

Winners will be picked randomly and notified via email.

*EDIT - UPDATE*-
All winners have been notified, thanks to everyone who entered. Have a happy new year!

For more information on the show and to get tickets to the other performances you can check out their website: www.theslutcracker.com

Here's a taste of what to expect:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XEezYs7UERU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XEezYs7UERU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

NotBuchanan

I've been wanting to see this since it was mentioned on last year's winter webcast. I really hope they bring the show south someday. Or maybe I'll just move to Boston, I think that sounds like a better plan.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?

Alas that it's many states away...  It looks like a blast.   ;D
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Musings

Thank you to Hayley and Amanda for allowing my girlfriend and I to see this for free -- couldn't believe that it wasn't packed to the rafters on opening night.  The most hilarious part was I kept mum at work about going to see it, and then I ran into about 6 of my coworkers.

Especially if you know the story of the Nutcracker, this is such a hilarious and fun show to watch.  Without giving too much away, I loved the reinterpretation of what the nutcracker was, the grandmother, and of course the peppermint masterpiece (that all of the cast went up to lick).

At the end, my gf remarked, "How is figure skating an Olympic sport and pole dancing is not?"

Definitely go see it if you can fork over the money, and if you can't -- well, enter the giveaway!
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com

still time to enter for Montreal NYE :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP
Pages: [1]   Go Up