THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS!!!!  (Read 22327 times)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
CHRISTMAS!!!!
« on: December 09, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »

:icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa: :headbang: :icon_santa: :love3: :icon_santa:

:icon_santa: Ee Gads!! I can't believe we're ten days into December and I forgot to make my CHRISTMAS!!!! thread (this year with an added ! xD) :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: Anyway, we're here now so that's alright. Basically, I want you all to Spaz OUT about Christmas in all it's glory! :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: Tell me what's on your list, what you're most looking forwards to, what your plans are! :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: Share your favourite Christmas songs! :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: Show us Christmassy photos! :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: Rape the exclamation mark!!!!!! :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: So come on and get festive with your favourite indie ninja! :icon_santa:
:icon_santa: HO HO HO :icon_santa:

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
Re: CHRISTMAS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:25:50 PM »

I don't like Christmas. Maybe it has something to do with the tragic events of December.
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that Christmas here is in the summer, so it's hot, and not how Christmas should be, and so it doesn't feel like Christmas.
Or maybe I'm just a humbug...
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »

I'm sorry, I should have clarified - if you want a Scrooge thread, make your own. Not being rude, I love you very very much, but srsly I am in no mood to have my tinsely parade be pissed on ;)

Point clear?  :D

And, to lighten the mood:

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »

As clear as the crystal stars in my store :D :D :D
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »

DA-UDE my friend gave me a My Little Pony and a strawberry shaped reusable bag!!!!!!!

I mostly want a helmet & money for a bike, butttt it's weird that I don't really care this year. I might get to spend Christmas with my honey though, which is something I've never done.  :D

also, happy hogswatch!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »

Happy Hogswatch!!!

My sister is getting me either a Patrick Wolf CD or a sci-fi novel - am terribly excited. I was too late to send my dad and step-mum my list though, they've got the presents already. I was actually gutted, it's a cracking list this year xD Ho hum!! It's still going to be AWESOME :headbang:

I'm going home on the 17th, and that night's a gig at a pub in town, and then on the 18th Motley and I are spending the day together before going to watch Tron: Legacy with her fiance, and theeeen they're having their annual It's A Wonderful Life get-together/piss-up, and then on the Sunday we're going out for lunch. It's gonna be stonking xD

buttercup.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »

Dec. 17th is the JIBBERISH CHRISTMAS CAROLING.

Where you just kind of hum along and make up words where you don't know things, surrounded by a bunch of other people doing the same thing.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

Isn't that what all Christmas Carolling is??  ;D

buttercup.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »

Isn't that what all Christmas Carolling is??  ;D

Haha, I suppose!

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »

do they do Santarchy where y'all live?

anyway...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbTULjLtKP4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pbTULjLtKP4</a>

#@!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »

I am working in December which means crazy mother fuckers shopping last minute. But heyyyyyy maybe then my store will make bonus! Sweeeeeet. Extra monies for me, you, and everyone we know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this Christmas I'm planning on making New York-style Cheese Cake from scratch. No biggie. Just a little help from Chef John from Foodwishes.com
There is a Secret Santa going on and I got my secret santa a Secret Santa from LUSH. There's an actual pre-wrapped gift called Secret Santa which includes a bath bomb and soap. But because I get discount this lucky bitch gets a shitton of awesome shit, so I better get some awesome shit coming my way and no fucking joke gifts like I do every year.

Also this Christmas Eve I get to spend it with my asshole of a mother.... at church. But the actual Christmas I will not because I have to work the following day which means no one will be able to drive me from Markham to Toronto and public transit is not something to rely on during the holidays especially if it's from Markham to Toronto.

Other than that nothing else. I've finished my Christmas shopping for myself and my secret santa. I can now lay back and relax.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »

I haven't done aaaaany shopping. I think I'm giving my sister a t-shirt that I bought for myself in a sale without seeing the size tag, because it was just her 21st and I spend like £35 on her and there's no fucking way she's getting an expensive Christmas present as well xD My brother's getting a crummy Christmas present as well because I spent £25 on his birthday present - a book about New Order signed by the drummer and the photographer whose pictures it's about :) Everyone else, I have no fucking clue. Literally NONE xD

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 10:23:56 PM »

As some of you may know, I have a former girlfriend I can't seem to get over, and who has
no desire to have any contact with me whatsoever.....

Her dad retired from his many-years career some time last year (or maybe the year before),
and has set up shop as Santa Claus, a part he seems born to play - really nice, big guy,
with a big beard and honest-to-God twinkle in his eye.... 

...and Facebook thinks it's funny to tell me I should add him as a friend.  (I wish I knew what
it's looking at there, as I don't know of any connection between our profiles.)

Nevertheless, I look forward to a nice Christmas.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »

Charlie, I hope you get a big fat injection of the old get-over-hers for Christmas. And a girlfriend. Or at least a kitten with Jeff Mangum's face. That would be AWESOME.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 11:00:07 PM »

Charlie, I hope you get a big fat injection of the old get-over-hers for Christmas. And a girlfriend. Or at least a kitten with Jeff Mangum's face. That would be AWESOME.
Thank you m'dear....  I dunno about the Jeff Mangum part, but we may adopt another cat.

The rest of that?  Well, if I find it under the tree...  wait, a girl under the tree?  That's sooooo stone-age.
(Does she have money?)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:11:55 PM »

Thank you m'dear....  I dunno about the Jeff Mangum part, but we may adopt another cat.

The rest of that?  Well, if I find it under the tree...  wait, a girl under the tree?  That's sooooo stone-age.
(Does she have money?)

Her bikini is made of hundred dollar bills.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »

(Does she have money?)

Couldn't we make her bikini out of, platinum wire & pearls, and make,
say, her bathrobe from large-denomination currency?

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 12:49:30 AM »

There is a Secret Santa going on and I got my secret santa a Secret Santa from LUSH. There's an actual pre-wrapped gift called Secret Santa which includes a bath bomb and soap. But because I get discount this lucky bitch gets a shitton of awesome shit, so I better get some awesome shit coming my way and no fucking joke gifts like I do every year.

We're doing that at my store, too. I got my boss. My MAIN boss.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »

(Does she have money?)

Couldn't we make her bikini out of, platinum wire & pearls, and make,
say, her bathrobe from large-denomination currency?

That makes much more sense. Let's do that.

I'm on my period, which means I won't be for Christmas!! Whoop whoop.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »

One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Sarah Doll

• An Irresistible Reject
  • Gave into fear and chose life undercover
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »

I'm ridiculously excited for Christmas this year!!! I don't know quite why, but when I hear certain music on tv and see certain ads it makes me all "yaaayy Christmassssy" :D

Oh, how delightful
Don't mind if I do
Help myself to a cup of this Broken Heart Stew

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »

I really should be excited for Christmas this year.  I have an amazing job, my first ever Christmas tree, I'm getting people gifts (we already have one under the tree, yippee skippie), and I'm going to work 6 hours on Christmas, making over $13.  I should be absolutely ecstatic, but I'm really not.  This time last year I had to deal with my boyfriend's sister being a cunt, which then reminds me of the entirety of 2009, which eventually leads me down a road of unchecked depression.

So instead of being happy right now, I'm sitting on my computer, absolutely...unhappy.  Remembering every crappy Christmas, and every crappy birthday (because my birthday is 12/13, so they always roll up into one clusterfuck of disaster).  Oh, and I'm three years from 30 as of the 13th, so that makes me just...even more depressed.

Look at my life!

Look at my choices!

*goes to turn her tree lights on, and stare at the prettiness*

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »

This year is going to be amazing. It'll be our first proper Christmas in a loooong time. Four years ago, we were split up because me and my sister went skiing with my parents friends, and they went to France. Three years ago, my mum's dad died. The year after, I had my operation so obvs Christmas dinner was through a straw. Last year, I couldn't even make it home. This year Siobhan died which obvs puts a dampener on things for me, but it should still be good.

Anyway. I'm going home on the 22nd til the 26th, so that's exciting.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

CottonCandy

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »

I am amazingly excited for Christmas this year.

I haven't been able to see my family at Christmas since 2007, as working in retail has held me back. But now, I only work saturdays and this christmas day being saturday, they're not open and they can't force me to work any more than what I don't want. Last year in particular was horrid - I was taking care of the Christmas shop area and they didn't let me go see my family until end of january! Christmas Eve (which is more important for finnish people anyway) I was working, and on my lunchbreak they played the Snowman cartoon on telly (which we always watch together) and I was chocking back tears... And then, they showed the Mastercard advert where everyone is at an airport and it says "A ticket from New York... £300... A ticket from Sydney... £490... Spending Christmas with your family... Priceless", the fuckers. If I had known I'd go home right after newyears, it would have been better too but noooo.

So this year, it'll be different! My boyfriend is coming with me too and will experience the finnish Christmas and winter, since before he's only visited during summertime. I'll see my whole family and have all the traditions and lovely foooood and will be so so happy.  :)

earthshine

• Lord of the Thighs
  • I've got terminal uniqueness!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 06:05:05 AM »

We had a sort of 'college christmas' back in November before we broke up, so I'm really christmassy already! And one of my friends made me a lovely little tinsel monster the other day, it's so cute! :D And I only met him a couple of months ago, which made me feel really special :love5:

Also, Cadbury's Festive Friends biscuits will be the death of me, I'm eating waaaaay too many :buck2:

I can't believe there's still a couple of weeks to the real thing...
Quote from: Indja
Quote from: CeeGBee
Is pussy allowed in the Batcave?   :-\
Homophobe.

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

http://twitter.com/sisterdisco http://www.facebook.com/nat.davies1
ADD ME!!! :)

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 06:11:13 AM »

This is now my wallpaper.

Also bah humbug.

Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »

Yay Christmas!!!  :love5:  :icon_santa:

We're getting our Christmas tree tomorrow! I'm going to pick it out with my brother-in-law. He's offering his car for transporting the tree, since my dad got a smaller car, which can't possibly transport a nice size tree. I'm also thinking about decorating it red this year. We have TONS of red decorations and haven't used them for YEARS. Last year we had grey-silver-blue, the year before we had washed-out pink and anthracite, the year before orange, ... So it's time for the reds again. We also have tons of silver and gold, but I don't really like that combination...

I did part of my Christmas shopping, but I'm having great difficulties finding everyone presents. It's awful. I have one for my boyfriend (Friends all ten seasons DVD-box, found for cheap on Amazon), half a present for my oldest sister (The polar express book - tape - cd - sleigh bell), an idea for a friend (who celebrates Christmas with us, because ever since her mom died 10 years ago, they don't celebrate anymore), it's a pretty tea mug with a fancy cat print on it. An idea for my younger sister (USB flash drive), and an idea for my father: we're combining forces for him, we're putting all of our christmas budget money together, so we can buy him something nice for him and his almost-girlfriend, a couple of cd's and a cooking book. But there are so much gifts left to think about, I don't know what to do with them and I have school until the 23rd.

On top of that I'm cooking dinner for christmas eve (for 10 people), so THAT will keep me occupied the whole day on the 24th. I also need to do a lot of prep for this, still. I'm making a four course dinner and appetizers. My oldest sister will be helping me, though!

We're celebrating with our family (the kids - except for my sister and brother-in-law who are in south america somewhere - mom, her girlfriend, dad, and the friend I previously mentioned) on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas day, I'll be at my grandparents, having another four course dinner over there with the extended family. And afterwards I'll be catching a bus to my boyfriend's place, and DEAR GOD, I hope they won't be forcing dinner on me, 'cause I'll grow fat and explode in only 2 days of pure christmas cheer.

Ah, I love christmas, even with all the stress it involves  :love5:
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

slyvia k

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »

in my town they put speakers everywhere that blurt out sooo loud xmas songs all day. i mean, i love xmas songs, but these are really crappy ones and the acoustics are horrible and i love the silence when i walk around, so this is making me hate christmas a bit.  :'(

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »

My best friend and I want to volunteer at a soup kitchen, my mom thinks I'm going on a date. I want to have a nice, warm, hot, sexy fuck with some nice, cozy, hairy, tattoo'd, pierced, humble guy.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »

^ Don't we all :buck2:

I've been struggling a bit to get into the Christmas mood, for various reasons, but the party last night helped for a while. I came crashing down again towards the end, but it was a nice little glimmer of how nice things can be. Cannot WAIT to go home xD

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 03:22:04 AM »

Going to pick up the Christmas tree, later todaaaaaaay! :icon_santa:
Also: yesterday, I dug up all of our red and white Christmas decorations. They take up half of my desk when piled up xD
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 05:40:52 AM »

I'm excited. It's me and the b/fs first Christmas living together. :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:29 AM »

I'm excited. It's me and the b/fs first Christmas living together. :)

<3!! That is one hell of a nice tree. Bravo ;)

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

Ovie (our fish) is kinda hidden back there...it's cool tho. We gave him his own little mini stocking to hang with ours, and the dogs, to make up for it. :)

buttercup.

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »

This thread is actually helping me feel Christmas-y, also my super fun friends doing the caroling & what not.
Before that I felt...like....who cares. Who cares if I don't get anything, because I probably wont. Who cares if I'm too poor to get anything for anyone else.
Who cares if my mom and I aren't going on the free cruise around Christmas because she's working, and we're still too poor for me to go to Florida to a large chunk of my family (which would be better for presents, and better for making me commitable and perhaps violent).
Who cares if the only family near me is my mom.

But then I decided to care.
And my beautiful friends want to be silly and wear ugly sweaters and have a jolly good time.
And my wonderful boyfriend invited me to Christmas with his family.

And who cares if I'm poor, I'll scrape my money together and pay my poorer best friend to make hats, and maybe I can sew some stuff for my friends, and I have no idea what I'll do for James but I'll come up with something. Because, fuck it all, I love the guy.
And I have to do something for my mom.
Because she's awesome.

And thank you, Indie love, for making this thread. <3 :love5: :love5: :love5:

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

Don't thank me, Malibum - thank the spirit of Christmas!! It's not about bollocks like fake smiles and presents and horrible songs and all the junk that comes with it; Christmas is almost an emotion in its own right, it's a strange sort of peaceful giddiness and mad dashing love for everything. AND I FUCKING LOVE IT!!

Though having said that, the presents, the food, the songs, the decorations, the horrible jumpers and the bizarre family traditions do help add to the mood ;)

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »

Don't thank me, Malibum - thank the spirit of Christmas!! It's not about bollocks like fake smiles and presents and horrible songs and all the junk that comes with it; Christmas is almost an emotion in its own right, it's a strange sort of peaceful giddiness and mad dashing love for everything. AND I FUCKING LOVE IT!!

Though having said that, the presents, the food, the songs, the decorations, the horrible jumpers and the bizarre family traditions do help add to the mood ;)
....and don't forget the skanky girls in vaguely Santa-themed costumes!   :headbang: O0

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

Hells yeah!!

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »

A very unsharp, bad picture of the pretty tree I just decorated!

I had loads of fun picking it out and putting it up! And it was a cheap-o tree, too!

Maybe I'll put up a better picture later this week...

Emalinesoctopus

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »

Here's my Christmas tree!

We put it up early this month, but I am just now wrapping presents and putting them under there. Currently, I am waiting for the ink to dry on a few different wrapping papers, and for my boyfriend to get back to me with what design I should put on his dad's wrapping paper. MAKING YOUR OWN PAPER IS SO MUCH FUN AND I AM COVERED IN INK AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Also, I've been listening to awesome Christmas music the whole time, and that is also great and awesome.

And the other night it super super snowed, and my cats were amazed, and my boyfriend and I stayed up 2 hours too late just because we were enjoying sitting in the dark watching the cats and snowflakes so much. It was so pretty and funny and fantastic.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

I haven't had an X-mas tree up since I was.......................................... 14?  :o Yeah... Kind sad. I want to go all Pagan on that shit, though. I want those badass upside down x-mas trees.

I mean, c'mon, look at how many presents you can fit under that thing! And also, my super religious mother will be happy to know it's a symbol of the holy trinity being associated with St. Bonafice, or whatever his face is.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

my beautiful idiot

• I was born to die alone.
    • tumblr
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »

^ I love the upside down trees. Every year I go with my family to choose the Christmas tree. Last year I wasn't able to and the picked one that was too short. This year I picked out a lovely blue spruce.

To be honest, it's been hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I'm working at the mall and all I hear is Christmas music and screaming kids getting their picture taken with Santa. It just seems as though it's happening so suddenly. But I sent off a list for my parents, and tried to keep it simple this year. I don't really want a lot. Just a stress free day when we can enjoy each others company...hopefully my dad will make his signature delicious meatloaf, haha.

And now I'm under the weather so I haven't been able to complete my shopping. I did get an owl necklace for my mom, because she loves owls. I can't think of anything for my dad though. He's a music buff, he loves westerns, but he has almost everything imaginable! :( I feel like I gotta set up my game and get him something awesome.

Blue Canary

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »

I came home from math tutoring to find that the house was decorated. :D That was swell.

OH, and company Christmas party. It was over a week ago, but still. We had to leave early because my friend worked at 6:30 the next morning, and it was kind of awkward and my dress was shorter than I remembered.  :buck2: It was decent, though.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »

Just a few (low-res) promotional stills I took of the Christmas show at my work.

"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

buttercup.

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »

Just a few (low-res) promotional stills I took of the Christmas show at my work.

Aww, "Help! I'm stuck in a christmas show" hands. I miss that.

wait, no I don't.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »

Looks like a fabulous romp, mind you.

I can't fucking waaaaaiiiiiiit for Christmas xD I'm really getting into the mood now. Not bought any presents, mind you, and have pretty completely no idea what to get anyone :) But still!!

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

Aww, "Help! I'm stuck in a christmas show" hands. I miss that.

wait, no I don't.

::geeky snort laugh snort::
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »

I put my "I hate Christmas, let it fuck off!" attitude aside for a change. I'm kinda looking forward to it. My band has a Christmas fair this saturday, at which I'm going to help in the afternoon. So that'll probably help to get the Christmas spirit. We still need to put the tree in the house and decorate it, and put some lights outside. I'm not going to jump into Christmas and attend a bunch of fairs and scream how much I love it, because that's a step too far :P I'm liking Christmas this year, and that's huge progress for me ;D
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

my beautiful idiot

• tumblr
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »

Megan, what's the name of the show? It looks cute (although a tad cheesy, but I think that's the point of Christmas pageants).

I've always wanted to be a part of The Christmas Carol or something like that, but it seems every year I miss my chance. Ah well.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »

Megan, what's the name of the show? It looks cute (although a tad cheesy, but I think that's the point of Christmas pageants).

I've always wanted to be a part of The Christmas Carol or something like that, but it seems every year I miss my chance. Ah well.

It's called "Christmas Is..." I was in it for a while a few years back and since I also work at the venue (www.haughpac.com), I take production stills and help with promotions now.

The first act is the school choirs and ensembles and traditional Christmas carol stuff. The second half is an original Christmas musical which is different every year. It is really cute and very cheesy, but that's how it's been for years and years and years.

Cast pic from 2005:

This is when I was the head elf in 2007:

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

Yaaaaaay!!!
I was waiting for the annual Indja Christmas thread!
Now the joyful season can truly begin!

Deck the hall with boughs of money, fa la la la, la la la la!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 12:42:22 PM »

Yaaaaaay!!!
I was waiting for the annual Indja Christmas thread!
Now the joyful season can truly begin!

Deck the hall with boughs of money, fa la la la, la la la la!

I know, I was really late this year xD Sorry! But it's here now, in its official capacity as Shadowbox Cheer-Bringer Mark III.

Wow, I have made this thread three years running. Yikesies.

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2010, 05:41:09 AM »

target.com has 14 free downloads of Christmas music, and they're pretty cool. Not your grandmas Christmas music that for sure.

THE BLACK SHEEP

• whats the point of love if you only give out ,,
  • just a long walk alone ,,,
    • www.facebook.com/matthew.fry3
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2010, 06:23:57 AM »

hey barr humbug all !!!!

i am doing the normal trip to gympie to see my family , and friends ,and do some work only i can do like cook x mas dinnner and drink burbon , hoping for tickets to the bribane gig , but i am hanging up a pair of bright red fish net stockings,hoping santa( or a nice friend) can fill them for me ,.

the black sheep needing a shave
 :icon_rr:
wanting to just hug one friend , once to make a perfect moment to die in,

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2010, 07:16:39 PM »

target.com has 14 free downloads of Christmas music, and they're pretty cool. Not your grandmas Christmas music that for sure.
Also, the nice people at NPR offer their Christmas music stream...
It's a pretty neat mix of a WIDE variety of styles and eras...

CHECK IT OUT
(It's negit, no rick-roll or anything...)

lucyanna

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »

I was feeling all Christmassy this morning...  ;D
Quote from: totalfrog
I am declaring April to be the International Month of Vajazzling. This means it's now sparkly and guaranteed to make you giggle.
Quote from: Kayla
WHEN I SMITE FOES I WILL SHOUT LUCEEEEOOT
http://www.flickr.com

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »

I got two Christmas cards in the post today :D

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »

I still have to get mine out. Hopefully tomorrow. Eek.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »

My tattoo artist gifted me the linework on my next piece, a phoenix that goes from the base of the back of my neck and my left chest around to the left shoulder and down around my elbow. 3 hours worth of linework for free.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2010, 12:57:50 PM »

My tattoo artist gifted me the linework on my next piece, a phoenix that goes from the base of the back of my neck and my left chest around to the left shoulder and down around my elbow. 3 hours worth of linework for free.

That is Fan-Tas-Tic! And we get pictures when it's done, yesno??

It's just started snowing. I swear to God, if the weather fucks up my plane home, I WILL kill somebody. Possibly myself xD

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »

I need to get pics of it now as it looks amazinawesome with just lines. I'll see what I can do.

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Christmas fair this saturday is going to be fun (and hopefully there will be loads of people)! But... I still need to find my Santa hat. Can't leave the house without it :icon_king:
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »

I need to get pics of it now as it looks amazinawesome with just lines. I'll see what I can do.

Excellent news :)

I'm going hoooooome tomorrow, for drinky-poos and dancing and general festive funtimes xD Am terribly excited.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »

#@!

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2010, 12:53:28 AM »

YOU GUYS! I took a pic with Santa and Mrs. Claus the other day!

Blue Canary

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 01:01:03 AM »

YOU ARE SO CUTE. I CAN'T-

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2010, 02:50:01 AM »

So, I'm not going home today.

I am going to cry.

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2010, 03:39:33 AM »

Awww that's not fair. Stupid snow. It must be punished.

Maybe this will cheer you up. The Frog family rocking Xmas. Dexter totally hammers it out on the drums. http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/UxnmezmWngaRFi72
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2010, 06:18:47 AM »

Froggy, that. Was. Awesome. Cheered me up a mite. Am still miserable, but slightly less so. Am also ill, which does NOT help matters :(

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »

Froggy, in that clip you look like a dude who looks like a chick.........   ;D

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »

Froggy, in that clip you look like a dude who looks like a chick.........   ;D

Gee thanks Cee.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »

@Indja: Do you know when you'll be able to get another flight?
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »

Everyone should change their DP to something christmas related until the 1st of Jan!
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »

Everyone should change their DP to something christmas related until the 1st of Jan!
What do you want?  I've already got a twinky-eyed, beardy old guy in a pointy hat...

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2010, 08:30:51 PM »

but I like my cowboy look.

buttercup.

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »

already did.

Andy Pants

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:27 PM »

GET INTO THE SPIRIT YOU DOUCHEBAGS!  O0

Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

THE BLACK SHEEP

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 05:43:48 AM »

humm the black sheep needs help shopping with out ,hurting or offending others with jokes like making vomiting sounds in a shop when pepole pick up toys for there kids ,and putting random crap in there trolleys ,

narrr  it`s all good untill some old person says just try that on for me , or i get handed a ''life guide book '' from some stange blessed of the weeping door step church ! but this year i am going to wait untill about 11 pm on th eve and shop at a quickie mart , and give pepole ramdom stuff like a 12 pack of crayons and paper , and a 6 pack of root beer ,

well thats my 10c for now ,

just rember it`s a seson, so drink but don`t drive and be merry , but don`t touch her she`s got a rash ,,

the black sheep in drag wearing a santa suit !!!and fish netz ??  :icon_rr: 

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2010, 11:11:47 AM »

I went christmas shopping again, today... the end is nearly there... 2 more gifts I have to buy myself, one for my brother-in-law and one for my cousin. I don't know what to get the last one, I thought she would be easy, but I was so totally WRONG!

There are also some other gifts I need to buy, but I should be getting help from my boyfriend for those. 'cause they're for his parents and his sister...

It's ALMOST Christmasssssssss :icon_santa:

buttercup.

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

I got my boyfriend a bow tie & I might paint him a picture. &get us a couple yummy soy candles.
His roommate Lindsey is getting a pair of gloves, because she said "I need a pair of gloves" a few weeks ago. Haha. They're red and vintagey.
His other roommates might get Farscape posters & shit if I can find my stash.
But if that occurs I need to get James something more kickass than a bow tie.
I suck at this so bad.

Otherwise I got a shit ton of Harry Potter ornaments to hand out to friends and various family members.  :headbang:

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »

I haven't bought ANY presents yet, apart from a CD for my step-mum which has yet to arrive in the post. Ooh err.... Going shopping with Motley on Monday though, if I'm feeling well enough. Whatever it is I'm sick with, that combined with the horrible plane stuff has really knocked my Christmas spirit for six :(

Sarah Doll

• An Irresistible Reject
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »

I've seen almost all the ads I need to get fully into the Christmas mood! Plus, wrapping presents last night helped too.
Now, to go get ready for the big family (but all female family) dinner meet up things tonight :)
And my make-up's all purdiful. Me and my mam got it done in Urban Decay. AND I gots a nice dress. Hopefully, I should look very Hendricks in Mad Men in about a half hour :D

Oh, how delightful
Don't mind if I do

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »

trend jumping much?

#@!

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »

Merry Dexmas!

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqOgmF5EjXE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bqOgmF5EjXE</a>

#@!

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2010, 02:53:32 AM »

Cutest froggie EVARRRRR!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2010, 08:35:23 AM »

Merry Dexmas!

CAN I HAVE HIM IN MY STOCKING FROGGERS?!?!  :love5:

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 09:54:50 AM »

4 more sleeps until Christmas Eve!   :D

buttercup.

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »

Help me out guys...what do boys like? I'm trying to think of more things to get my boyfriend, and all i can think of is pants.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

A lot of guys like practical gifts... that's all I have to help you, sorry!
I suck at buying guy presents!

I bought my boyfriend the DVDbox collection of all 10 seasons of friends, though, of which I'm PRETTY sure he'll love...

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

GADGETS! Guys loooove gadgets.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 01:04:19 PM »

Merry Dexmas!

CAN I HAVE HIS SANTA SOCKS FROGGERS?!?!  :love5:
fix'd

Help me out guys...what do boys like? I'm trying to think of more things to get my boyfriend, and all i can think of is pants.
Well, what he wants probably does involve pants....   O0

...but seriously, we're generally easy to get stuff for.  Don't put TOO much thought into the decision,
and if you go for an item of clothing, it should probably be something that he can wear "everyday"...
...not something that looks like he's going to a fancy party whenever he puts it on.  (...but maybe
just a tiny bit 'nicer' than he'd get for himself if he were doing the shopping.)

Mettemae

• It puts the lotion in the basket.
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a duck. A dead duck. Which I have agreed to cook for Christmas. I think I might be crazy.

Tumblr: http://mettemae.tumblr.com/

Maybe you could take some of your toes and add them to your fingers?

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a duck. A dead duck. Which I have agreed to cook for Christmas. I think I might be crazy.
I've never cooked a duck... Let us all know how that turns out.

Mettemae

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »

I'm terrified. I have to stuff it with apples and prunes.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2010, 01:44:50 PM »

Sounds yummy.   :)

Mettemae

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »

You didn't read the part about ME cooking?

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »

ANYONE can cook meat/poultry.  Seriously.

The hard part is to have faith in your ingredients.  You mix the bits & pieces, assemble
them according to the recipe, and let the oven/dutch-oven/slow-cooker/etc work its
magic.  ...and don't let the meat-thermometer intimidate you.  When it says the thing's
hot, it's telling you the truth (just make sure it really is in the thickest part of the meat.)

(Do make sure you've thawed the bird all the way through before you start.)  O0

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 02:05:40 PM »

Is he an xbox junkie? (most guys are, and I know mine is) Get him Microsoft Points.

buttercup.

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »

Is he an xbox junkie? (most guys are, and I know mine is) Get him Microsoft Points.

He's more of a PS3 kind of guy.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »

^PS3 for the win.

I have just popped into this thread to say that I think I'm the only person I know not celebrating Christmas this year. It was kind of cool last year, since all of my flatmates went to stay with their families, and I had our house to myself. It's kind of lame that everything is closed on Christmas, though, I'm going to have to get some food and DVDs prior to Christmas day and barricade myself in my room to eat/watch them. Spending Christmas alone is kind of cool, though, makes you feel like you don't need anyone else :)
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2010, 03:35:53 PM »

ANYONE can cook meat/poultry.  Seriously.

The hard part is to have faith in your ingredients.  You mix the bits & pieces, assemble
them according to the recipe, and let the oven/dutch-oven/slow-cooker/etc work its
magic.  ...and don't let the meat-thermometer intimidate you.  When it says the thing's
hot, it's telling you the truth (just make sure it really is in the thickest part of the meat.)

(Do make sure you've thawed the bird all the way through before you start.)  O0

^^ This. Absolutely. So many people asked me if I was scared to cook the turkey at Thanksgiving, but it's really all about the thermometer. Make sure it's thick into the meat and NOT touching a bone. You can do this!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »

I went Christmas shopping today with MY BESTEST BEST FRIENDEST IN THE WORLDEST EVER!!!! Actually, I say "Christmas shopping" - we spent half an hour in Waterstones then three hours in a bar drinking G&Ts and gossiping. As it should be ;)

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »

Make sure it's thick into the meat and NOT touching a bone. You can do this!
Shouldn't this kind of filth be in the innuendo thread?  ^-^

Andy Pants

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »

Help me out guys...what do boys like?

Beer
Vajayjays
Heavy metal music
Boobies
Action movies
Cars
Stickers
Explosions
Videogames
Sex

That's all I got.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »

It's an excerpt from my new Sultry Holiday Cooking book.   ;)

Beer
Vajayjays
Heavy metal music
Boobies
Action movies
Cars
Stickers
Explosions
Videogames
Sex

That's all I got.

Don't forget weapons. Something that can inflict pain and/or cause injury/death can provide years minutes of entertainment.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdjaxzGxHCU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MdjaxzGxHCU</a>

:love5:

#@!

CottonCandy

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

It's ten to four am and after a couple of hours of sleep I'm awake again, stressed and wondering if I am going to get home for Christmas. It was supposed to be the best Christmas in a while, with me being able to go home and my boyfriend coming with me to experience finnish Christmas for the first time...But with snow blocking heathrow and so many flights cancelled, nothing is sure anymore. All flights today look like they're going(which makes me feel tiny bit better), subject to delays, but if we get more snow situation might change on wednesday :(

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »

I may have to call you Nigella from now on....

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2010, 12:25:39 AM »

Oh shit. I totally had to Google her, but I think you should. We even kinda look alike...ish...

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2010, 04:57:19 AM »

3 more sleeps till christmas eve!
i'm hoping for a white christmas...

THE BLACK SHEEP

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2010, 05:11:18 AM »

hey all the mad shopping is OVER!!! yeah  , all done , i think wearing the '' stop anamal testing shirt '' said it all at the beuty counter ,

humm the black sheep 99% over stupid pepole !!

and for santa , he needs to be fat !!
 :icon_rr: :icon_rr:

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2010, 06:33:39 AM »

I'm finishing my Christmas shopping tomorrow xD And then seeing TRON!!!!

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2010, 06:54:54 AM »

I keep thinking Christmas is tomorrow but then Annebelle posts how many days it actually is and I get confused.

Christmas is tomorrow because that is when I'm GOING HOME BITCHEZ! :D

Mettemae

« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »

Oh shit. I totally had to Google her, but I think you should. We even kinda look alike...ish...

Can you cook a duck?

buttercup.

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »

Beer
Vajayjays
Heavy metal music
Boobies
Action movies
Cars
Stickers
Explosions
Videogames
Sex

That's all I got.

Beer- That's every weekend we have that.
Vajayjays- That's every weekend he has that.
Heavy Metal Music- He's more for techno, but I will ponder this suggestion.
Boobies- Every weekend.
Action movies- But which one?
Cars- I'm poor.
Stickers- ...stickers?
Explosions- Every weekend.
Videogames- He has enough. He works at Best Buy.
Sex- Every.Weekend.

I realized that he told me what he wanted, he wants a keyboard. He can get one at work, but even with his discount they're mad expensive, and he doesn't know how to play. My mom's friend was just saying last week how she got her grandson a keyboard and they didn't want it afterall, and it's a cheapo one with the notes taped on the keys.
I put those two thoughts together and a little Monty Python-esque heavenly sound rang in my ears.
I still intend to get him pants. And not just because I will probably get his old comfy ones.

I got a shirt for my friend Megan, a purse and earrings for my friend Katie (who is oddly Megan's sister) who I may also give a bottle of Port because I introduced it to her and she loved it; their little sisters will be getting Harry Potter ornaments (as will Megan & Katie actually), and my friend Nicole is getting HEDWIG...ornament. Yes, the owl.

And I got stuff for family too, tea cups for my dad and step mom, a journal for my step sister, and a really neat alpaca purse for my little step sister.

I am now seriously poor.

Blue Canary

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »

None of my friends get their presents until after Christmas. ;D I get paid on Christmas Eve.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »

No Christmas shopping for me! BAH HUMBUG!

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »

Can you cook a duck?

I'm sure I could. Apply the same principles to the chickens and turkeys and there ya go.

You can do it!!!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »

No Christmas shopping for me! BAH HUMBUG!

If you want me to hunt you down and pull your testicles off with pliers, srsly, humbug on my thread again. I dare you. Christmas Indja is a militant bitchfuck.

She's also wrapping presents and whistling jolly jolly Christmas tunes!! My brother and older sister are coming home tomorrow, which is loooovely. Cannot WAIT.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »

Maaaaaan, all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

Instead I'm getting delicious Christmas enchiladas.  Yes.  I am making enchiladas for Christmas.  Or eating chinese food.  Either way, it'll be delicious.  And Christmas will happen with tax checks, because we're all too broke.  *laughs*  AND WE'RE KEEPING THE TREE UP UNTIL THEN!  That means discounted lights and balls and other jinglies.  YAY!

And I think on Christmas we're going to watch the Christmas episode of Invader Zim, and then How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version, pls).

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 04:12:10 PM »

If you want me to hunt you down and pull your testicles off with pliers, srsly, humbug on my thread again. I dare you. Christmas Indja is a militant bitchfuck.

That will be thee most action I've had in months.

HUM

BUG

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »

That will be thee most action I've had in months.

HUM

BUG

And the hunt is on.

buttercup.

« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »

I got him pants from the thrift store, they aren't TOO worn looking and they're nice enough. I got the keyboard secured and with the other two presents I think he's set.
Maybe I should get him liquor too?? Or some cheese.

Wow, no one ever told me it was wicked hard to buy things for someone you've only known for two months. It sadly reminds me how little I know about him.
On the other hand I've known my mother for twenty one years and I've so far gotten her a hankercheif.  :violent5:
Possibly it's just me.

Andy Pants

« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »

The thing I hate most about christmas is listening to morons bitching about how 'the true meaning of christmas has disappeared'. Fuck off, the only meaning of christmas is to spend time with your family and buy them presents as a token of your appreciation for all that they've done for you. I couldn't give a shit about the birth of some widely misinterpreted Jewish prophet. I can even put up with the carols more than that shit.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 12:03:27 AM »

So tonight, I went to our local bricks-and-mortar independent record store,
saw this band play a short live set:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ6s8QvXeJU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ6s8QvXeJU</a>

... purchased the new album of GOOD new original Christmas & Winter-themed music...
...and got it (and another disc) autographed.

Seriously, these guys are very nearly as fan-friendly as you-know-who...

white51teeth

« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2010, 12:12:31 AM »

Christ Not born on December 25

The second reason I not to celebrate Christmas is that Christ was not born on December 25th. Notice:

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." Luke 2:8

Don't miss the point: the shepherds WERE IN THE FIELDS taking care of their flocks on the night Jesus Christ was born. As the shepherds were watching their sheep, the message came to them of the birth of Jesus Christ.

It's a well known fact that December falls in the middle of the rainy season in Palestine, and the sheep were kept in the fold at that time of the year. The shepherds always corralled their flocks from October to April. They brought their sheep from the mountainsides and the fields no later than October 15th to protect them from the cold, rainy seasons that followed that date. So the birth of Christ could not have taken place at the end of December.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 12:27:27 AM »

I dislike Christmas, but this is the cutest thing EVARRRRRRRRRRRR

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWq60oyrHVQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kWq60oyrHVQ</a>

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

The second reason I not to celebrate Christmas is that Christ was not born on December 25th. Notice:

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." Luke 2:8

Don't miss the point: the shepherds WERE IN THE FIELDS taking care of their flocks on the night Jesus Christ was born. As the shepherds were watching their sheep, the message came to them of the birth of Jesus Christ.

It's a well known fact that December falls in the middle of the rainy season in Palestine, and the sheep were kept in the fold at that time of the year. The shepherds always corralled their flocks from October to April. They brought their sheep from the mountainsides and the fields no later than October 15th to protect them from the cold, rainy seasons that followed that date. So the birth of Christ could not have taken place at the end of December.
(Shhhh!  We know that, but it's more fun to have Christmas at Saturnalia-time than in Spring.)

Andy Pants

« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2010, 01:18:31 AM »

(Shhhh!  We know that, but it's more fun to have Christmas at Saturnalia-time than in Spring.)

Wait a minute, I thought Christmas was the date that a Jewish prophet named 'Santi Claus' was crucified to welcome the coming of the pagan New Year? You've turned my whole world upsidedown.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »

OK, you're new so I'm going to hold off defecating on your personal posessions to give you a heads up - this is my annual Christmas thread. Actually, no, it's my annual CHRISTMAS!!!! thread, which makes all the difference. It is not a place to poo-poo, bah humbug, or otherwise piss on my CHRISTMAS!!!! parade. Others have tried, and their family pets were put through mangles.

Also, I realise this is our first interaction and I want you to know that, under any other circumstances, I'm actually quite nice ;)

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2010, 08:41:33 AM »

Nevermind that the precursor to Santa Claus was a mean shadowy old man who would steal things from those who were bad and give them to more deserving children. Santa Claus was a tool to keep their kids in line. "Be good or else" was the virtue of the day.

Mettemae

« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »

Stop Grinching on our parade. In my oppinion, pissing on Christmas, is just a good excuse to stick out. Have some cookies in stead.

Oh, and merry christmas. I love you all!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »

Merry Christmas, Mette!!

I didn't go shopping today, I stayed in bed listening to the first Dresden Files book, read by James Marsters because it's awesome. It's awesome. Sadly, this means I have to go tomorrow, when it will be even more bitchcrazy than it was on Monday xD Still, CHRISTMAS!!!!

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »

Stop Grinching on our parade.

It's not my fault. You see, my heart is 2 sizes too small.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2010, 04:54:56 PM »

Nevermind that the precursor to Santa Claus was a mean shadowy old man who would steal things from those who were bad and give them to more deserving children. Santa Claus was a tool to keep their kids in line. "Be good or else" was the virtue of the day.
I always suspected the Jolly Ol' Fat Kommissar was a closet wealth-redistributor.....

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

these spambots are getting good.

#@!

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2010, 04:16:51 AM »

One more sleep until Christmas Eve!! :icon_santa:

In an hour I'm meeting my sister to get the last present and to get myself a nice christmas outfit (as I do this every year)...
And then we're going shopping for food for tomorrow's dinner  :D which I will be partly making today!

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »

This Xmas, when you are finding your treats from Santa, think of the elves. Their hard work and sacrifice makes it all happen. 

Mettemae

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2010, 05:47:01 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen. The duck is in the oven. Still terrified. Unsure wether there is enough stuffing inside it.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2010, 09:22:36 AM »

I was invited by my tattoo artist over to her parent's for Christmas Eve dinner. I swear she takes pity on me with stuff like this.

buttercup.

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »

My mom invited an almost total stranger to our Monday night Christmas dinner.
Well I hope he likes kale.

It finally kind of feels like Christmas. I got 200 dollars in the mail (YAHOOoooo) and a DVD (Primer, never seen it, sounds awesome) and a 35mm guide book, each from a friend I didn't expect anything from.
And my friend Nicole (who I gave the Hedwig ornament and our Volvo's hubcap...don't ask) gave me a shirt that says Make Art not War (its pretty rad I suppose) and a "my name is GEEK" button. I sense a Hottopic gift theme coming since the bag James told me "NOT TO LOOK IN" says Hottopic in big scary letters.
Oh well.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »

I was invited by my tattoo artist over to her parent's for Christmas Eve dinner. I swear she takes pity on me with stuff like this.

Aaw, that's dead nice of her! Are you going?

I am now OFFICIALLY finished with my Christmas shopping :) Got my brother, my sister and my mum books, a CD for my step-mum, a joke book for my step-dad and a t-shirt for my little sister. I went into Manchester today thinking of getting her a Take That book, as recommended by my older sister. There is no such book, I swear. Bought myself The Knife Of Never Letting Go instead xD Hope she likes the t-shirt..... :-\

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2010, 12:42:24 PM »

Of course I'll be going. I'll let you in on a little secret of mine. In spite of the brave front I put on, this time of year has always been exceptionally lonely for me. It's the primary reason why I work on Christmas whenever I can. Let those with families have the day to celebrate.

MauraLeeBee

• give me a philosophy, and I'll probably quote some Fitzgerald :)
  • & & &
    • Writing blog
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas! :D
marmite does not lend itself to a painting medium

NO ONE CAN STARE AT THE WALL.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »

The airport was closed again today. I was SO SO LUCKY to get home.

I am so excited for Christmas. :D

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

Feliz natal para todos!

Is not Christmas yet, however, I won't have access to the internet on the next 3 days. 

Cheers!
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »

looking forward to gathering with the family @ my brothers ! ! !
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXCEdrnaFlY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RXCEdrnaFlY</a>

:glasses9:

#@!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXCEdrnaFlY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RXCEdrnaFlY</a>

:glasses9:

#@!

:love5:

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2010, 10:14:37 PM »

I'll see your Greg Lake and raise you John & Yoko...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hb2YSAVHmIE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hb2YSAVHmIE</a>

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2010, 03:34:47 AM »

Merry Christmas to ALL my Shadowboxy friends! :icon_santa:

My prayers have been heard, all the times I was singing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" have paid off. For the very first time in my life, we're having a REAL white christmas! With more than 20 cm (about 8 inches) of snow!  :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Now onto preparing for dinner! Have some lovely days y'all  :love5:

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2010, 07:14:29 AM »

I want snow. There's snow everywhere, except here. It sucks.

earthshine

• Lord of the Thighs
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »

Pub sing-along to Christmas songs last night while drinking mulled wine. I also got the first Merry Christmas text off one of my friends who's going on holiday while I was there. Shopping is now done, presents are wrapped...this all makes me uber-excited! :icon_santa:
Homophobe.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »

my fave Xmas song - going out to all our Oceania Boxers...and everyone else as it arrives!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARq6uYSsUq0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ARq6uYSsUq0</a>

#@!

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2010, 11:15:04 AM »

I'm sick so I can't go to any of the club events tonight, and hell I might be too out of it for movies tomorrow.

I will be ordering Chinese food though  :headbang:
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

Blue Canary

« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »

Made gingerbread cupcakes with eggnog frosting for work potluck. :D

cbkof

« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »

Very Merry Christmas Eve and I wish you all the best of festive holidays!
what is Enoch Root? who is Jeff Lint?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different burritos". -- Bob Einstein

overratedtoejam

« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »

merry christmas eve! somebody should come help us eat all this food. this year it's only gonna be my dad, my sister, and me. which kinda sucks, but we'll make the best of it.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »

my fave Xmas song - going out to all our Oceania Boxers...and everyone else as it arrives!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARq6uYSsUq0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ARq6uYSsUq0</a>

#@!
OOOH!  Mine too!

Anyhoo, Dear Sister flew up from Atlanta for Christmas, planning to go back Sunday, but Delta
just cancelled almost all of their weekend flights and she has to go... um, about now.  Suxxx.
(...and WHY did they cancel them? Because it MIGHT snow in Atlanta [probably not] and here
[more likely, but slight chance of any appreciable accumulation].)

Nevertheless, Merry Merry to all!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »

Merry Christmas!!!! I'm going into Christmas hiding tonight, so I probably won't surface for a few days. But I love you all!!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »

Merry Christmas!!!! I'm going into Christmas hiding tonight, so I probably won't surface for a few days. But I love you all!!

(It's okay, WE know who that jolly "fellow" on the roof really is...
...the one with the fat-suit, fake beard and reindeer.  Go spread that
Holiday Cheer around the world, and check back with us when you've
gotten some rest.)

Blue Canary

« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2010, 04:45:01 AM »

merry christmas eve! somebody should come help us eat all this food. this year it's only gonna be my dad, my sister, and me. which kinda sucks, but we'll make the best of it.
If you were still in the Bay Area, I totally would. I will virtually stuff my face with food with you this time.

earthshine

• Lord of the Thighs
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2010, 05:50:41 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :)
Homophobe.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2010, 06:24:05 AM »

So far I've gotten a pretty umbrella:

like the black rainbow one in the middle, but a collapsible

I've gotten a rolling pin, pretty shoes, bicycle bags, a case for all my art supplies (made by the boyfriend), a book on how to write childrens books, lotery tickets (didn't win anything though) fabric and sewing stuff.

I'm going over to my family's christmas party in half an hour, there will be lots and lots of food. And I'll get one present :D yay! After that I'll be going over to my boyfriend's house, where I'll hopefully won't have to eat anymore ('cause I'll be stuffed already).

I'm hungry, but I'm saving space for the full course dinner this afternoon...

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »

Half Mar

• Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »

Before Christmas I felt okay about Christmas, yesterday and today Christmas could disappear completely if it were me. But now it's Christmas, it's evening, and everything turned out better than expected. Had a very fun evening so far :)

Merry Christmas everyone! <3

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2010, 12:23:32 AM »

This years Christmas wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually pretty cool. I got some pretty cool gifts such as useless joke gifts and a Dresden Dolls sweater which I'm totally sporting at work tomorrow. Also, I ate pretty healthy. Most years I stuff the shit out of my face but I didn't. It was cool. Oh and I met this really cool guy, he's my cousin's cousin on her mom's side of the family. He plays piano too and we had a jam session. GOOOOOOOOOOD TIMES. I'm now alone in the apartment and my mom comes home on Tuesday. YAY! House to myself! Oh fuck, I have work tomorrow, I'm off!

Night night and Merry fucking Holidays urrbody!!
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Andy Pants

« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:23 AM »

I drank toooooo much. Threw up last night and this morning. It was lame.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2010, 02:50:26 AM »

Well, that was boring.

THE BLACK SHEEP

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2010, 06:27:13 AM »

HEY ALL  it was great i got given a lot of $2 stuff and some drawing stuff but to top it all of a ladys hang bag !!

the black sheep , all tinseled out

my beautiful idiot

• tumblr
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2010, 10:58:17 AM »

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas with family/friends! Yesterday I ate so much food, and my family just spent the day relaxing. I got a small bunch of presents and I realized that it's not about quantity, it's about quality. My mom gave me half of my Grammy's mizpa necklace, apparently she wanted me to have it before she passed away (something I never knew).

Overall, it was a nice day. Today I have to go to work (wah wah).

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »

I got a pretty teapot from my boyfriend's parents!

A green hairy pillow from my little cousin. And boyfriend and I got a gift order (??? don't know if that's the right word) for the sauna from his sister and her boyfriend :D

Also: I ate way too much!
But it was all sooooo much fun  :love5:

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »

"Gift Certificate" is the traditional term...

The term "Gift Card" has come into use as a lot of them look just like credit cards...

(Love that tea pot.  O0  )

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, MUTHAFUCKAS!! :headbang:

I had a fucking awesome and wonderful time. On Christmas Eve, we had Chinese food for tea and then watched some awesome on the telly, including Chocolat. I went to bed early though, and then couldn't get to sleep until like 6am which sucked a bit because I was up at 9 to do CHRISTMAS DAY!!!! It was awesome. Got some super stuff, gave some super stuff - including Slaughterhouse 5 for my brother which I didn't think he'd want but got him anyway (I'm like that xD) and it turned out he reeeaaally wanted it but had forgotten to put it on any of his lists xD So that was great!! Then, of course, we ate a LOT and played games for hour after hour, from tiddlywinks to Harry Potter Scene-It and Articulate. There was much shouting and mocking and slight bullying, because that's what family is for xD Then today we had a Boxing Day get-together with my step-mum's ex's sister, her husband and two kids, her mum and her mum's partner. Weirdest relation prize goes to.... :D It was brilliant though, love them to pieces. Now I just had my first Christmas Dinner Sandwich - 'twas delish - and I'm gonna watch Blade Runner, which I got on DVD from my sister. Tomorrow, Thomas and I are going to our mum and step-dad's for their Christmas, which I think will be pretty super.

I FUCKING LOVE CHRISTMAS.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

...and in come all the "I got engaged at Christmas" and the "we're having a baby!" reports.  :icon_puke_r:

contradictionary

• www.lauraflojo.com
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

...and in come all the "I got engaged at Christmas" and the "we're having a baby!" reports.  :icon_puke_r:

Haha, someone on my Facebook became engaged on Christmas Day, how lovely. :P

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2010, 07:44:35 AM »

We got a foot of snow for Christmas!

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »

better you than us!

#@!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2010, 02:27:43 PM »

Today I had my second Christmas, with Mum, Thomas and my step-dad. It was loooovely. Very laid back, very sweet. I got a MASSIVE pile of books off my mum, which was awesome because books are awesome. Tomorrow we're having Boxing Day Mark II, going to visit one of my dad's brothers and his family, who I fucking LOVE, and then we're going as a family to see the latest Harry Potter movie.

I really do fucking love having such a big bastard of a family - Christmas just goes on and on and on xD

buttercup.

« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »

I got rainbow socks, two shirts (Scott Pilgrim & "I <3 Nerds") and amazing headphones from my boyfriend (YAY Best Buy working boyfriend).
I got a scarf from my dear friend Katie.
& Today I'm having christmas with my mom. We'll see what else I get!

Sarah Doll

• An Irresistible Reject
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2010, 03:09:12 PM »

Haven't been online mucho.. but MERRY late CHRISTMAS and HAPPY early NEW YEAR!!!

For Christmas I got a Blu ray player, pretty clothes and lots'o'money from various family members, and dvds from my friend. Twas a happy one alright! :D That might also have sommeth to do with the fact I've been lazing 'round the house with chocolate watching Criminal Minds... Mmmmm MGG  :love5:

Hope everyone's enjoying the holidays!

Oh, how delightful
Don't mind if I do

lucy

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »

I wasn't expecting gifts so it was extra awesome when I got them! My dad gave me a laptop cooler thing I really needed and a 'gift certificate' for two pairs of jeans (that I really need as well). My dad's girlfriend gave me esprit shower gel or something and a really awesome book about how Dutch people screw up when they speak English. Oh and my host mum and host brother gave me a huge box of very delicious chocolates.

And I ate waaaay too much during the past two days. Oh well, it's christmas, it's fine :P

All in all, my christmas was really good :)

buttercup.

« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »

As expected, my mother gave me the best presents of all: two purses, a coin purse, arm warmers, a shell necklace (that we turned into a bracelet because it was made for tiny people), a bindi kit, wooden forks and spoons from India, chopsticks with the moon cycle on them, a weird magazine about brains & anarchy, some table cloths from India, and a few other hard to explain trinkets that I love. Also some chocolate.  :headbang:

My dad sent me a package with home made peppermint bark (mmmm) and a bob marley CD (wait, what?). My step-mom put in a nice (itchy) silk hat.

I'm still confused about the Marley. 

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2010, 10:34:13 AM »

I received nothing more than the linework for my next tattoo, as expected. Now, that being said, I take care of my nieces and nephews. My family came to an agreement a few years back that the only folks who get gifts are those under 18. To do otherwise is to get way too spendy.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2010, 05:44:43 PM »

Had Boxing Day Mark II today - went to my uncle and auntie's house where my other uncle and auntie and one other auntie were staying, along with two cousins to go with the two who were already there. So, counting me, my family and the four dogs, there was 19 of us. SO much fun :D Then we went to see Harry Potter - not all of us, just my lot. We've gone together to see all of them, so this was really nice - everyone else had already seen it when it came out though, and kept laughing at me when I was jumping out of my skin in the scary bits xD

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

As expected, my mother gave me the best presents of all: two purses, a coin purse, arm warmers, a shell necklace (that we turned into a bracelet because it was made for tiny people), a bindi kit, wooden forks and spoons from India, chopsticks with the moon cycle on them, a weird magazine about brains & anarchy, some table cloths from India, and a few other hard to explain trinkets that I love. Also some chocolate.  :headbang:

My dad sent me a package with home made peppermint bark (mmmm) and a bob marley CD (wait, what?). My step-mom put in a nice (itchy) silk hat.

Bob Marley kicks ass...   :headbang:

Shock G

• Do the Humpty Hump!
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »

As expected, my mother gave me the best presents of all: two purses, a coin purse, arm warmers, a shell necklace (that we turned into a bracelet because it was made for tiny people), a bindi kit, wooden forks and spoons from India, chopsticks with the moon cycle on them, a weird magazine about brains & anarchy, some table cloths from India, and a few other hard to explain trinkets that I love. Also some chocolate.  :headbang:

Bob Marley kicks ass...   :headbang:

Damn straight!
I like my beats funky, I'm spunky, I like my oatmeal lumpy.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »

It appears my Christmas is finally over - and just in time for New Years, too xD Yesterday was the first day I didn't do anything expecially Christmassy, though I did go to the cinema with Joe which was loooovely AND watch Toy Story 3 with my family. Then today, I did... nothing. Not a sausage, not a bean. So I guess Christmas is done o.O

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »

It appears my Christmas is finally over - and just in time for New Years, too xD Yesterday was the first day I didn't do anything expecially Christmassy, though I did go to the cinema with Joe which was loooovely AND watch Toy Story 3 with my family. Then today, I did... nothing. Not a sausage, not a bean. So I guess Christmas is done o.O

It's always over so quickly, so sad.
Ah well, can't wait for next year!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »

It's always over so quickly, so sad.
Ah well, can't wait for next year!

This year really went on for me! I mean usually it's Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and then maybe one other thing after that, with them getting less and less fun/exciting as the days go by. This year though everything we've done has been wicked-cool :D

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »

move along, people.

#@!

THE BLACK SHEEP

« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2011, 06:06:48 AM »

well this may sound strange but i think it good it`s over , 10 days off too many beers and other stuff , and finding out you need a $40 cord to make the $10 new action figure talk , pricless

the black  sheep

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »

well this may sound strange but i think it good it`s over , 10 days off too many beers and other stuff , and finding out you need a $40 cord to make the $10 new action figure talk , pricless

the black  sheep
What kind of cord?  Like, a pull-string for an antique, or mini-USB cable for something new?

Either way, is there no less-expensive alternative?  [Silence IS golden, they say....]

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

one day until Eastern Orthodox Christmas… 

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »

that one is right up there with Boxing Day.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2014, 04:48:04 AM »

Awesome video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvBtccWnp4

Have been very expensive to do even five years ago.
Inexpensive now.
I suspect it was videoed from a drone.
Wish they had included street level views.

Hope the music isn't too loud in the neighborhood.  ; - }
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 [All]   Go Up