THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS!!!!  (Read 26283 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: CHRISTMAS!!!!
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »

Maaaaaan, all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

Instead I'm getting delicious Christmas enchiladas.  Yes.  I am making enchiladas for Christmas.  Or eating chinese food.  Either way, it'll be delicious.  And Christmas will happen with tax checks, because we're all too broke.  *laughs*  AND WE'RE KEEPING THE TREE UP UNTIL THEN!  That means discounted lights and balls and other jinglies.  YAY!

And I think on Christmas we're going to watch the Christmas episode of Invader Zim, and then How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version, pls).

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 04:12:10 PM »

If you want me to hunt you down and pull your testicles off with pliers, srsly, humbug on my thread again. I dare you. Christmas Indja is a militant bitchfuck.

That will be thee most action I've had in months.

HUM

BUG

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »

If you want me to hunt you down and pull your testicles off with pliers, srsly, humbug on my thread again. I dare you. Christmas Indja is a militant bitchfuck.

That will be thee most action I've had in months.

HUM

BUG

And the hunt is on.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »

I got him pants from the thrift store, they aren't TOO worn looking and they're nice enough. I got the keyboard secured and with the other two presents I think he's set.
Maybe I should get him liquor too?? Or some cheese.

Wow, no one ever told me it was wicked hard to buy things for someone you've only known for two months. It sadly reminds me how little I know about him.
On the other hand I've known my mother for twenty one years and I've so far gotten her a hankercheif.  :violent5:
Possibly it's just me.

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »

The thing I hate most about christmas is listening to morons bitching about how 'the true meaning of christmas has disappeared'. Fuck off, the only meaning of christmas is to spend time with your family and buy them presents as a token of your appreciation for all that they've done for you. I couldn't give a shit about the birth of some widely misinterpreted Jewish prophet. I can even put up with the carols more than that shit.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 12:03:27 AM »

So tonight, I went to our local bricks-and-mortar independent record store,
saw this band play a short live set:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ6s8QvXeJU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ6s8QvXeJU</a>

... purchased the new album of GOOD new original Christmas & Winter-themed music...
...and got it (and another disc) autographed.

Seriously, these guys are very nearly as fan-friendly as you-know-who...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

white51teeth

« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2010, 12:12:31 AM »

Christ Not born on December 25

The second reason I not to celebrate Christmas is that Christ was not born on December 25th. Notice:

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." Luke 2:8

Don't miss the point: the shepherds WERE IN THE FIELDS taking care of their flocks on the night Jesus Christ was born. As the shepherds were watching their sheep, the message came to them of the birth of Jesus Christ.

It's a well known fact that December falls in the middle of the rainy season in Palestine, and the sheep were kept in the fold at that time of the year. The shepherds always corralled their flocks from October to April. They brought their sheep from the mountainsides and the fields no later than October 15th to protect them from the cold, rainy seasons that followed that date. So the birth of Christ could not have taken place at the end of December.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 12:27:27 AM »

I dislike Christmas, but this is the cutest thing EVARRRRRRRRRRRR

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWq60oyrHVQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kWq60oyrHVQ</a>
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

The second reason I not to celebrate Christmas is that Christ was not born on December 25th. Notice:

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night." Luke 2:8

Don't miss the point: the shepherds WERE IN THE FIELDS taking care of their flocks on the night Jesus Christ was born. As the shepherds were watching their sheep, the message came to them of the birth of Jesus Christ.

It's a well known fact that December falls in the middle of the rainy season in Palestine, and the sheep were kept in the fold at that time of the year. The shepherds always corralled their flocks from October to April. They brought their sheep from the mountainsides and the fields no later than October 15th to protect them from the cold, rainy seasons that followed that date. So the birth of Christ could not have taken place at the end of December.
(Shhhh!  We know that, but it's more fun to have Christmas at Saturnalia-time than in Spring.)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2010, 01:18:31 AM »

(Shhhh!  We know that, but it's more fun to have Christmas at Saturnalia-time than in Spring.)

Wait a minute, I thought Christmas was the date that a Jewish prophet named 'Santi Claus' was crucified to welcome the coming of the pagan New Year? You've turned my whole world upsidedown.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »

OK, you're new so I'm going to hold off defecating on your personal posessions to give you a heads up - this is my annual Christmas thread. Actually, no, it's my annual CHRISTMAS!!!! thread, which makes all the difference. It is not a place to poo-poo, bah humbug, or otherwise piss on my CHRISTMAS!!!! parade. Others have tried, and their family pets were put through mangles.

Also, I realise this is our first interaction and I want you to know that, under any other circumstances, I'm actually quite nice ;)

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2010, 08:41:33 AM »

Nevermind that the precursor to Santa Claus was a mean shadowy old man who would steal things from those who were bad and give them to more deserving children. Santa Claus was a tool to keep their kids in line. "Be good or else" was the virtue of the day.

Mettemae

• It puts the lotion in the basket.
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »

Stop Grinching on our parade. In my oppinion, pissing on Christmas, is just a good excuse to stick out. Have some cookies in stead.

Oh, and merry christmas. I love you all!

Tumblr: http://mettemae.tumblr.com/

Maybe you could take some of your toes and add them to your fingers?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »

Merry Christmas, Mette!!

I didn't go shopping today, I stayed in bed listening to the first Dresden Files book, read by James Marsters because it's awesome. It's awesome. Sadly, this means I have to go tomorrow, when it will be even more bitchcrazy than it was on Monday xD Still, CHRISTMAS!!!!

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »

Stop Grinching on our parade.

It's not my fault. You see, my heart is 2 sizes too small.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  All   Go Up