THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS!!!!  (Read 22324 times)

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
Re: CHRISTMAS!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 03:22:04 AM »

Going to pick up the Christmas tree, later todaaaaaaay! :icon_santa:
Also: yesterday, I dug up all of our red and white Christmas decorations. They take up half of my desk when piled up xD
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 05:40:52 AM »

I'm excited. It's me and the b/fs first Christmas living together. :)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:29 AM »

I'm excited. It's me and the b/fs first Christmas living together. :)

<3!! That is one hell of a nice tree. Bravo ;)

YonderMtnGirl

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

Ovie (our fish) is kinda hidden back there...it's cool tho. We gave him his own little mini stocking to hang with ours, and the dogs, to make up for it. :)

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »

This thread is actually helping me feel Christmas-y, also my super fun friends doing the caroling & what not.
Before that I felt...like....who cares. Who cares if I don't get anything, because I probably wont. Who cares if I'm too poor to get anything for anyone else.
Who cares if my mom and I aren't going on the free cruise around Christmas because she's working, and we're still too poor for me to go to Florida to a large chunk of my family (which would be better for presents, and better for making me commitable and perhaps violent).
Who cares if the only family near me is my mom.

But then I decided to care.
And my beautiful friends want to be silly and wear ugly sweaters and have a jolly good time.
And my wonderful boyfriend invited me to Christmas with his family.

And who cares if I'm poor, I'll scrape my money together and pay my poorer best friend to make hats, and maybe I can sew some stuff for my friends, and I have no idea what I'll do for James but I'll come up with something. Because, fuck it all, I love the guy.
And I have to do something for my mom.
Because she's awesome.

And thank you, Indie love, for making this thread. <3 :love5: :love5: :love5:

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

Don't thank me, Malibum - thank the spirit of Christmas!! It's not about bollocks like fake smiles and presents and horrible songs and all the junk that comes with it; Christmas is almost an emotion in its own right, it's a strange sort of peaceful giddiness and mad dashing love for everything. AND I FUCKING LOVE IT!!

Though having said that, the presents, the food, the songs, the decorations, the horrible jumpers and the bizarre family traditions do help add to the mood ;)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »

Don't thank me, Malibum - thank the spirit of Christmas!! It's not about bollocks like fake smiles and presents and horrible songs and all the junk that comes with it; Christmas is almost an emotion in its own right, it's a strange sort of peaceful giddiness and mad dashing love for everything. AND I FUCKING LOVE IT!!

Though having said that, the presents, the food, the songs, the decorations, the horrible jumpers and the bizarre family traditions do help add to the mood ;)
....and don't forget the skanky girls in vaguely Santa-themed costumes!   :headbang: O0
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

Hells yeah!!

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »

A very unsharp, bad picture of the pretty tree I just decorated!

I had loads of fun picking it out and putting it up! And it was a cheap-o tree, too!

Maybe I'll put up a better picture later this week...
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Emalinesoctopus

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »

Here's my Christmas tree!

We put it up early this month, but I am just now wrapping presents and putting them under there. Currently, I am waiting for the ink to dry on a few different wrapping papers, and for my boyfriend to get back to me with what design I should put on his dad's wrapping paper. MAKING YOUR OWN PAPER IS SO MUCH FUN AND I AM COVERED IN INK AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Also, I've been listening to awesome Christmas music the whole time, and that is also great and awesome.

And the other night it super super snowed, and my cats were amazed, and my boyfriend and I stayed up 2 hours too late just because we were enjoying sitting in the dark watching the cats and snowflakes so much. It was so pretty and funny and fantastic.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

I haven't had an X-mas tree up since I was.......................................... 14?  :o Yeah... Kind sad. I want to go all Pagan on that shit, though. I want those badass upside down x-mas trees.

I mean, c'mon, look at how many presents you can fit under that thing! And also, my super religious mother will be happy to know it's a symbol of the holy trinity being associated with St. Bonafice, or whatever his face is.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

my beautiful idiot

• I was born to die alone.
    • tumblr
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »

^ I love the upside down trees. Every year I go with my family to choose the Christmas tree. Last year I wasn't able to and the picked one that was too short. This year I picked out a lovely blue spruce.

To be honest, it's been hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I'm working at the mall and all I hear is Christmas music and screaming kids getting their picture taken with Santa. It just seems as though it's happening so suddenly. But I sent off a list for my parents, and tried to keep it simple this year. I don't really want a lot. Just a stress free day when we can enjoy each others company...hopefully my dad will make his signature delicious meatloaf, haha.

And now I'm under the weather so I haven't been able to complete my shopping. I did get an owl necklace for my mom, because she loves owls. I can't think of anything for my dad though. He's a music buff, he loves westerns, but he has almost everything imaginable! :( I feel like I gotta set up my game and get him something awesome.

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »

I came home from math tutoring to find that the house was decorated. :D That was swell.

OH, and company Christmas party. It was over a week ago, but still. We had to leave early because my friend worked at 6:30 the next morning, and it was kind of awkward and my dress was shorter than I remembered.  :buck2: It was decent, though.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »

Just a few (low-res) promotional stills I took of the Christmas show at my work.

"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »

Just a few (low-res) promotional stills I took of the Christmas show at my work.

Aww, "Help! I'm stuck in a christmas show" hands. I miss that.

wait, no I don't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14  All   Go Up