THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWNLOAD THE NEW SINGLE: "MAP OF TASMANIA"  (Read 32784 times)

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
DOWNLOAD THE NEW SINGLE: "MAP OF TASMANIA"
« on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:11 PM »

Get it HERE!

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

Re: Psssssst...hey, you...yeah...you...look...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »

i love you sean

edit: hi amanda if you're reading this, please make sure the bed song gets produced just like this song too.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:31:10 PM »

i won't start complaining just yet about how we don't get the original version of the song, and i'll say that this is one of the extremely few remixes of any song, that i actually can find myself listening to. you made my night with this one, downloading now.

i'm so very excited about this project, can't wait for tomorrow's blog

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »

fantastic album art :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »

REMIX CONTEST, Australia/New Zealand tour dates, and "Map" MUSIC VIDEO (directed by Michael Fucking Pope)...COMING SOON!

just noticed that, and if it turns out to be what i'm thinking i will be a very happy man

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

i won't start complaining just yet about how we don't get the original version of the song, and i'll say that this is one of the extremely few remixes of any song, that i actually can find myself listening to. you made my night with this one, downloading now.

I've always found how people interpret "versions" of songs to be interesting. There are a lot of tracks - for most artists I listen to - which have to be performed differently live. It just so happens people got used to "Map" based on how AFP plays it/how it made it to YouTube...

It's not technically a "remix"* - it's a collaboration between Amanda and Hal, just as some are with Mikelangelo, Jane Austen Argument, etc...BUT, because they don't have electronics in them, I assume people wouldn't call them remixes or consider them "secondary" versions...? There seems to be a divide amongst people on WKAP, as well - because of Ben's collaborations, I suspect - as to whether or not the studio/"produced" or the solo/live versions of songs are the "real" way.......not trying to say anyone's right or wrong, again, I just think it's curious.

In any case, I'm just happy to finally start rolling out some NEW MUSIC FOR Y'ALL!  :headbang:

* BUT, there WILL be all sorts of info on the TAZRMX contest/release soon...maybe, just maybe, you'll find a "stripped down" version of the track similar to what it is you might've been hoping for? We'll see.

middleearthguy

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »

Love it lots!!

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 02:15:19 PM »

I've always found how people interpret "versions" of songs to be interesting. There are a lot of tracks - for most artists I listen to - which have to be performed differently live. It just so happens people got used to "Map" based on how AFP plays it/how it made it to YouTube...

It's not technically a "remix"* - it's a collaboration between Amanda and Hal, just as some are with Mikelangelo, Jane Austen Argument, etc...BUT, because they don't have electronics in them, I assume people wouldn't call them remixes or consider them "secondary" versions...? There seems to be a divide amongst people on WKAP, as well - because of Ben's collaborations, I suspect - as to whether or not the studio/"produced" or the solo/live versions of songs are the "real" way.......not trying to say anyone's right or wrong, again, I just think it's curious.

In any case, I'm just happy to finally start rolling out some NEW MUSIC FOR Y'ALL!  :headbang:

* BUT, there WILL be all sorts of info on the TAZRMX contest/release soon...maybe, just maybe, you'll find a "stripped down" version of the track similar to what it is you might've been hoping for? We'll see.

i like your approach, and i've actually had this conversation again with a dj friend of mine. i didn't mean to categorize it so strictly as a remix, but i chose this word so as to make my point clear more easily. but even if we differentiate between a remix, or a different take, or a new version, or a collaboration of sorts, i still think electro-pop songs are simply not to my taste.

i thought the same thing of the EE-Myspace. i was so in love with the simple instrumental version, that when the cd was released i found the additional 80's disco production very irritating. i used a program to cut out the music, and up until this day i listen to the a cappella version i created

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

thanx sean!  :headbang:
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Zephyr

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 03:16:15 PM »

eh?

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »

That is so fucking bad ass. I like the production and think the Uke meets Hyperdub works on that song. I love it. I love it to bits.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »

Oh man, this is fucking awesome, can't want to see the video!!!
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Rosebud

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »

edit: hi amanda if you're reading this, please make sure the bed song gets produced just like this song too.

Seconded.

As someone else mentioned, this is also one of the few electro-pop songs I actually enjoy (mostly because the lyrics are so awesome).

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »

This would be a great ringtone. Thanx!!!!
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

Rosebud

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »

Damn, it's catchy. It's growing on me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13  All   Go Up