THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWNLOAD THE NEW SINGLE: "MAP OF TASMANIA"  (Read 32786 times)

contradictionary

• www.lauraflojo.com
Re: Psssssst...hey, you...yeah...you...look...
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 04:44:04 PM »

And there was me naively thinking that AFP couldn't surprise/confuse/baffle me any more than she already has...

Merk

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »

OH MY GOD.  i love this! amanda should do more stuff like this! wooo!  ;D

vicvic

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »

Guess I'm in the minority here for loving dance pop music/electropop.

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 07:00:50 PM »

^
Actually, I think people here do like it. (not my cup of tea but fusion is still pretty interesting overall).

Chris Con

• God is a place where some holy spectacle lies.
    • My twitter...
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »

i love it

contradictionary

• www.lauraflojo.com
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 07:38:17 PM »

Guess I'm in the minority here for loving dance pop music/electropop.

I'm in two minds about it. The loyal, unconditionally supporting AFP fan in me screams "like it like it like it" and the slightly more rational side of me says "um...I recognise its uniqueness and it's still very clever, undoubtedly Amanda, but I cannot get on board with it musically." Which would seemingly be the whole point of the song, but after giving it a good few listens its a clever song but so removed from my AFP comfort zone my musical soul seems reluctant to embrace it. Yet. Interestingly if this was created by any other artist I probably would have dismissed it but as its Amanda, I'm much more open and willing to let it grow on me. But I will wait for the full album to fully pass my judgement!

[/rant]

But I do think it represents the beginning of something musically awesome, that I must say. :coolsmiley:

ocean_soul

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:04 PM »

I love it.  But that may just be because I am Tasmanian.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 11:27:32 PM »

I've had to listen to this song on repeat almost all weekend (mostly for the video shoot!), and surprisingly, it's still stuck in my head and I'm not sick of it! It was exciting to see people's reactions - first hand - when they first heard it (for the video) because it really is unlike anything else from Amanda, it ellicited a lot of smiles and head bobbing.

It's interesting to think about this song because at face value - it's a joke, a play on words, so to speak, but deep down it has an actual message, an important self-image statement, and a message about sexism and female empowerment, but it's wrapped up in a fun little bow so it isn't a heavy song.

The Young Punx phat beats are definitely something new to any Amanda song we've ever heard... i like that the intro still has the simple uke part, it's a nice nod to the origins of the song.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »

I brought it and listened once before going to work this morning and it was stuck in my head, and now im listening to it on repeat...
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 01:04:47 AM »

even though i;m not into this kind of music, MOT is stuck in my mind for days now, and since its release yesterday, i find myself listening a lot to the bandcamp edit. BUT, i don't see myself promoting that version in any way, simply because i wouldn't feel proud if anyone on my social networks that haven't heard of Amanda, identifies her with that genre. i'm afraid that even the lyrics, which i absolutely adore, have such a big story behind them for non-amanda fans to get, so they're might be easily misunderstood!

maybe Amanda should include in her blog some info and backstories of the creation of this album, so we could promote both links together and make sure people don't get anything wrong out of the songs

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 02:00:42 AM »

If people get the wrong idea bout the song, it's their problem. It's not Amanda's duty to explain her songs to people.
If they take it the wrong way, they take it the wrong way, not problems.

I didn't get what the song was about until I read on twitter I think, and I get it, but before that I just saw it as tounge-in-cheek jokes about the way people look etc.
Plus, if people don't get this song, and take offense, or take it seriously, they they probably wouldnt enjoy Amanda's music anyway.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 02:11:16 AM »

if people don't get this song, and take offense, or take it seriously....

i don't care about that, and i wasn't talking about that kind of misunderstanding. i meant that people won't give the A goes down under record a chance if they think its all about phat beats and uncompehensible lyrics. like contradictionary mentioned, i would discard this song at once if it was made from some other artist i didn't know, and if i had no clue of how and why it was created. and by doin so i wouldn't care to explore the possibilities of the rest of the songs of the album that carries MOT in the first place.

i'd rather wait for the actual release and promote the album with any other song that's more representative of what Amanda is all about.

Zephyr

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 02:13:01 AM »

While I don't hate it (just like I don't hate Lady Gaga), I hope she returns to what she's good at soon.

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 02:24:17 AM »

Loving the Peaches-esque artwork.

This is all sorts of AWESOME!!!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Thanks Sean!!!

-------------

I posted my comment before reading the others and I just wanted to say I think some people need to lighten up. Music doesn't always have to be deep and meaningful ARTZZZZZ (even though this song does have a "message")... sometimes it can just be uuhhhhh FUN! :glasses9:

This song is impossible to listen to while sitting down without chair dancing... :headbang:
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

bambiraptor

• ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - heat magazine
  • (:
    • twitter.
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 03:55:50 AM »

this could possibly be the most profound and beautiful thing amanda has ever done
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13  All   Go Up