THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do if....  (Read 1432 times)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
What would you do if....
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »

What would be your reaction if the person you were dating came out to you as a pre-op transsexual? Say you'd been seeing each other for a while and had pretty strong feelings for them, but you hadn't started having a sexual relationship yet. How would you feel? What would you do?

I was trying to think about it and I figured that personally, I wouldn't be phased by the idea of them still having the genitals of someone of the opposite sex, but I'd a) be a bit confused about sex'n'stuff (it's like shake'n'bake but sweatier), and b) probably end up behaving more like I do when I'm in a relationship with someone of their birth gender rather than the gender they identify as - like I know I'm different with girls than I am with boys, and I think that it'd take a concerted for me not to slip into behaving like I do with men if I was with a male to female person. I dunno.

Anyway, I was wondering what other people thought about it. ...so tell me xD

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
Re: What would you do if....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »

I would be pretty surprised at first, but I think I would get over it after a little while. I don't really have a preference when it comes to gender. I can understand how you would act differently around boys than girls, but I think for me personally, it's less about what gender they are and more of how comfortable I am with the person. Of course it would always stick in the back of my mind, but it would be more of a "I got the total package" mentality.
Does that make sense?
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 04:15:09 PM »

It does, it does. I figured the Box was the best place to ask people because it's a good cross-section of people but with absolute dickheads removed ;)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »

I don't know really, it's one of those things that I can't really judge until I've experienced it, ya dig?

But what I can say at this moment is that it would probably vary, I mean there would be people who would tell you and you wouldn't be surprised whatsoever, and then there are people where you would be like "whattheholyhelljusthappened?", yeah?
So ultimately it would depend on the situation really, but as for how I would react, I can't provide an opinion for myself without this having happened to me...
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

...people but with absolute dickheads removed ;)
Indja dear, that's a very crude way to describe sex reassignment procedures...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »

...people but with absolute dickheads removed ;)
Indja dear, that's a very crude way to describe sex reassignment procedures...

Stfu, Chuckles, and answer the question xD
Pages: [1]   Go Up