THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" - MERCH & MORE!  (Read 19478 times)

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
"AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" - MERCH & MORE!
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:45:52 AM »

Here's the deal, folks:
  • You can get the whole damn record at Bandcamp - digitally - for just 69 cents.
  • There are 9 different physical merch bundles, starting at $11 and going on up to $5,000
  • All of these options are available at Post-War Trade
  • All but the two most expensive bundles ($1,500 and $5,000) are available at Bandcamp
- GO TO POST-WAR TRADE IF YOU WANT IN ON ONE OF THE 5 $1500 BUNDLES OR 3 $5k BUNDLES!
  • If you purchase something on Bandcamp, you'll get a digital download right then
  • If you purchase something on Post-War Trade, we'll be sending out batches of download codes as often as possible, but they won't be instant...since I'll be doing this manually, I gave a window of 2-14 days. Expect more often, but please don't scream if you don't have your code within an hour.
  • Lyrics and more are coming soon - anyone who makes a purchase/downloads the album on Bandcamp will be able to come back around and get the "updated" version of the record when we push it live.
  • "Where the hell is the vinyl?!" - Being that I only purchase music digitally and on vinyl, this particular piece of merch is going to become my baby. Beth and I have talked. We have exciting things in store for you, I think. But we've had enough problems with printing vinyl in the past, and we're going to do things different, this time around. If you're interested in wax, stay tuned -- I'll make an announcement soon.
  • A LOT of the stuff being sold is already in Brooklyn, but we're waiting on CDs and some random odds and ends, plus PWT is still shipping out a lot of stuff from normal-everyday-shopping. I allotted 40 days for shipping on Bandcamp...I expect stuff will be going out much sooner, but please don't start sending nasty messages if you don't get your stuff by next week. K? K.
  • If you want to order stuff WITH your "Down Under" merch, the place to do that is Post-War Trade. Please know that by adding "Down Under" merch to your order, it WILL delay the entire order until all pieces are available. Expected shipping for PWT orders with DU merch in them is 2/15/11

And that's all, folks.
Have at it, and may you get whatever your heart desires...any questions, hit us up here.

http://music.amandapalmer.net
http://postwartrade.com

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
Re: "AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" - MERCH & MORE!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:23 AM »

SYDNEY FANS: I would be happy to host a BBQ at my house, or a small venue for 50 of us if anyone wants to pitch in for the 5k bundle. I'll pay extra to keep the merch but I don't want it all so if we can't get 50 people to pitch in $100 then maybe a couple of us can pay a bit extra and split the merch up?

Just to get this straight though, if I rent a hall and pay the hiring costs myself, not including the $5000, and only allow 50 people to come, that is ok isn't it? It won't get Amanda in the shit will it.

I would love to have it at my house but I am just worried about inviting 50 people I don't know into my house
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

jappelke

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:35:12 AM »

I looooooove the packages  O0
But I am also really dissapointed again :embarassed: Just like with the Evelyn Evelyn packages. There's too big a difference between the 30 en 100 dollar packages. I am a poor student I cannot afford to spend 100 dollar on these things. Why not sell a 50 dollar, a 75 dollar package and a 100 dollar package. Now I cannot get the beerglass and the lovely pillowcase  :'(
I understand it's easier to have fewer packages, but 100,- is a lot of money for for some.

I already said this with the Evelyn Evelyn package and Beth or Sean (can't remember) was symphathetic with me and others that agreed then but I am afraid they forgot about it.

But you really made some lovely items! And ofcourse I ordered the 30 dollar package xx

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:58:12 AM »

I looooooove the packages  O0
But I am also really dissapointed again :embarassed: Just like with the Evelyn Evelyn packages. There's too big a difference between the 30 en 100 dollar packages. I am a poor student I cannot afford to spend 100 dollar on these things. Why not sell a 50 dollar, a 75 dollar package and a 100 dollar package. Now I cannot get the beerglass and the lovely pillowcase  :'(
I understand it's easier to have fewer packages, but 100,- is a lot of money for for some.

I already said this with the Evelyn Evelyn package and Beth or Sean (can't remember) was symphathetic with me and others that agreed then but I am afraid they forgot about it.

But you really made some lovely items! And ofcourse I ordered the 30 dollar package xx

We didn't forget.

vicvic

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:25:32 AM »

I've been having a lot of problems with my local postal service lately (my packages have gotten flat-out lost), so is there any chance those of us who are in the NYC area could come buy/pick up the album in person? It'll save you guys some packaging time, save me some worry, and possibly save us all the hassle of a lost package for the nth time these past few months.

sthrg

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »

i like the fact that you've taken into consideration all the comments this time about the shipping services.hopefully all will be happy this time since they know what to expect. Here's to what is seems like is gonna be the best shipping service to date!!!and btw the album is brilliant!

sthrg

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »

btw is it possible to have a size chart for the shirts?i wouldn't want to end up stuck with the wrong sized one

desired_wasteland

• I'm a pale intruder on an unknown beach...
    • That Guy With The Headphones
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »

Any idea if the studio version of 'Australia' will be released? Was only really disappointed with that.

jappelke

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »

We didn't forget.

Oh great.

New album got me through my horrible economics exams today. It is absolutely fucking fantastic!

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »

• Lyrics and more are coming soon - anyone who makes a purchase/downloads the album on Bandcamp will be able to come back around and get the "updated" version of the record when we push it live.

#givesmehope

very curious about the bonus tracks @AFPWire mentioned. i'm assuming that's what this is referring to.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

roadkilleater

• chuckle is the new lol
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »

i keep hearing that there are "other things" that we are aren't seeing in the bundles. are there more things likely to come out in the near future? would it be wise to hold off and wait to buy something?

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »

Any idea if the studio version of 'Australia' will be released? Was only really disappointed with that.

Maybe someday, maybe never. I'm not sure why people assume studio=better.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »

i keep hearing that there are "other things" that we are aren't seeing in the bundles. are there more things likely to come out in the near future? would it be wise to hold off and wait to buy something?

If you want something available now, get it now.
When there's more info on vinyl, it's not like we'd say "Okay, the vinyl now comes in the $250 package...oh, wait, you got that one already? Buy it again!"

But there are plans for a second wave of things which will make more sense, soon.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »

Maybe someday, maybe never. I'm not sure why people assume studio=better.

well, maybe the studio version of australia that currently exists right now isn't better than the live recording on the album. but if there was a legitimate, complete studio recording that had time spent on it and maybe had a little bit of instrumentation added then i don't see how it couldn't be better than a live one. i remember amanda being more interested in the ukulele ep at the time.

i've heard countless times from amanda and/or team chaos about how people having live recordings before wkap wasn't ideal because people got used to them and then weren't as receptive to the album version. this was a problem because that was the "better" or "correct" version. there were two official live recordings of astronaut released. there was nothing wrong with either one except that they were live, and i don't even remember there being any audience noise. but amanda chose to use the studio version anyway because she spent a lot of time on it and really made it perfect in a way that a live recording can't be. i know that there was no way that APGDU was going to have the same level of production that wkap had; i didn't mind that because i really don't love wkap's amount of editing and production and the number of other instruments there are. i was excited for a simpler, but still studio-recorded album. crisp, clear vocals and a warm grand piano. maybe some occasional strings and percussion. layered vocals even? basic things, but things only studio recordings can really offer.

i remember the studio demo of australia having layered vocals. they sounded awesome. doctor oz was "supposed to" have a band. and i think it should have because it sounds ten times better that way. and in my mind is perfect. truly. it stands out, and it should because that track clearly had a lot of care and thought put into it, even though it isn't my favorite song.

and then there are the mistakes which amanda so often makes. they're cute. i don't mind the occasionally wrong chord... but at the show. i don't appreciate it on an album. and if a live recording has one then maybe that's a sign that the recording isn't flawless and shouldn't be used. and as has been mentioned, the banter is totally unnecessary, ESPECIALLY in new zealand. it's fucking obnoxious. 

i don't know. i was expecting a lot more and i'm really disappointed. but it was only 69 cents, so i guess in my mind was worth that. i'll probably buy the vinyl when it comes out too, in case i one day fall in love with the album. but for now i'm really unhappy.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

ahauntingnearu

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put ANY studio version of ANY song on APGDU on the "updated version." i LOVE the album, but EVERYone is dissappointed at the lack of actual studio songs. PLEASE put the studio songs on. PLEASE. we all want that
<3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up