THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" - MERCH & MORE!  (Read 19414 times)

xmetanoiax

Re: "AMANDA PALMER GOES DOWN UNDER" - MERCH & MORE!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »

I completely understand a desire for studio versions, but I don't find them better than live versions, they just have different pros and cons. I would adore a studio version but I am also very happy with the current album. I think it was worth every penny, and while it may have the haphazard feel of live music it was also very clearly put together with love, care and thoughtfulness. I don't think people necessarily have to like it, but I think it's a bit harsh and a little demanding to imply an artist didn't put enough effort into their art simply because they didn't necessarily prioritize the qualities we might be looking for.

That being said, I really hope a studio version is eventually available, and RE: an above post, while I did spend quite a lot on AFP merch recently with no qualms, it would be nice to have bundles in the 50$-80$ price range now and then if possible.

beth of all trades

• Joan of Arc
  • formerly girlwithacameranyc
    • beth hommel dot com
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »

btw is it possible to have a size chart for the shirts?i wouldn't want to end up stuck with the wrong sized one

Check the PWT FAQ--- there's a link to size charts there.
I've been having a lot of problems with my local postal service lately (my packages have gotten flat-out lost), so is there any chance those of us who are in the NYC area could come buy/pick up the album in person? It'll save you guys some packaging time, save me some worry, and possibly save us all the hassle of a lost package for the nth time these past few months.

The answer is... maybe.  It's a weird situation because I LIVE here as well, so I don't want to throw the door open to letting everybody and their brother come by.  The chances are better if you're burly and enjoy carrying 40lb boxes up many, many flights of stairs. ;)

Saying I live here makes it sound like Kayla and I fall asleep on a pile of AFP shirts every night.  I actually have a room in the same general space as PWT, and it's a room that has no Amanda Palmer paraphernalia whatsoever. ;)

i keep hearing that there are "other things" that we are aren't seeing in the bundles. are there more things likely to come out in the near future? would it be wise to hold off and wait to buy something?

There are a few additional things that will be up at various points in the future, but I doubt we'll re-issue the bundles or add any new ones.  New stuff = a la carte.

i like the fact that you've taken into consideration all the comments this time about the shipping services.hopefully all will be happy this time since they know what to expect. Here's to what is seems like is gonna be the best shipping service to date!!!and btw the album is brilliant!

Awww, thanks.  Now that we've done this a few times, we're improving the system.  I'm actually really excited to see how OZ fulfillment runs, and to creatively solve whatever problems may pop up.

vicvic

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »

Check the PWT FAQ--- there's a link to size charts there.
I've been having a lot of problems with my local postal service lately (my packages have gotten flat-out lost), so is there any chance those of us who are in the NYC area could come buy/pick up the album in person? It'll save you guys some packaging time, save me some worry, and possibly save us all the hassle of a lost package for the nth time these past few months.

The answer is... maybe.  It's a weird situation because I LIVE here as well, so I don't want to throw the door open to letting everybody and their brother come by.  The chances are better if you're burly and enjoy carrying 40lb boxes up many, many flights of stairs. ;)
I was thinking of a cafe or some other place more general, not your apartment. I am a 5' 4" l'il lady so I can carry more like, 4 lbs? lol
If not, I'll just wait until spring to order so the mail-affecting snowstorms won't be an issue anymore. I hope there will still be some CDs available by then.

beth of all trades

• Joan of Arc
  • formerly girlwithacameranyc
    • beth hommel dot com
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »

I was thinking of a cafe or some other place more general, not your apartment. I am a 5' 4" l'il lady so I can carry more like, 4 lbs? lol
If not, I'll just wait until spring to order so the mail-affecting snowstorms won't be an issue anymore. I hope there will still be some CDs available by then.

LOL.  Email merch@amandapalmer.net and tell Rachel to ask me when I'm not grumpy. ;)  But I am almost 100% sure we'll still have CDs when the snowstorms end.  In this part of Brooklyn they're usually over by end of Feb, but I know other boroughs and Long Island get hit harder. 

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 10:00:54 PM »

If I get the $5000 bundle for a private gig in Sydney on the 28th, when will I need to pay/organise everything by? It really isn't a great deal of time to organise this. Is there any chance of doing it in February or will she not be back in Sydney at all? My sister is coming back from London for a week in February (20-27) and she'd love to be there if I can do this. I know Amanda is in NZ for most of that time ... but if she was back in Sydney on the 24th I could do this.
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 02:11:02 AM »

LOL.  Email merch@amandapalmer.net and tell Rachel to ask me when I'm not grumpy. ;)  But I am almost 100% sure we'll still have CDs when the snowstorms end.  In this part of Brooklyn they're usually over by end of Feb, but I know other boroughs and Long Island get hit harder. 

your mom gets h... no.

Vic - do you have a friend or family member that has a more reliable postal route? If so, you can order your merch now and have it shipped to a pal's place for you.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

desired_wasteland

• I'm a pale intruder on an unknown beach...
    • That Guy With The Headphones
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »

I mainly asked about the 'Australia' studio version because we knew about it/watched the recording process and it was beautiful. Plus, I was planning on shooting a fan made music video type thinger and live tracks aren't really the best thing for that. There are studio versions on the album, however, like 'On An Unknown Beach' (MY FAVORITE SONG, which I also may be filming a video for) and a lot of it is live in the studio, yes? I just think she maybe should have promoted it as more of a live album instead of a sequel to WKAP (which she didn't actually say, but it was assumed). Either way, the album is fantastic... I was only disappointed that 'Australia' was live because we knew of another version. Wasn't there a version of the JA argument track recorded too when they covered Regina Spektor's 'Flowers'?

Also, Amanda should totally record a Double Mint Gum commercial.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:22 AM »

I mainly asked about the 'Australia' studio version because we knew about it/watched the recording process and it was beautiful. Plus, I was planning on shooting a fan made music video type thinger and live tracks aren't really the best thing for that. There are studio versions on the album, however, like 'On An Unknown Beach' (MY FAVORITE SONG, which I also may be filming a video for) and a lot of it is live in the studio, yes? I just think she maybe should have promoted it as more of a live album instead of a sequel to WKAP (which she didn't actually say, but it was assumed). Either way, the album is fantastic... I was only disappointed that 'Australia' was live because we knew of another version. Wasn't there a version of the JA argument track recorded too when they covered Regina Spektor's 'Flowers'?

Assumed by who?
Someone tells me they're doing a sonic love-letter of oddities and covers to a country they like to escape to in the winter, and my mind doesn't jump to anything resembling WKAP2.0

mpage

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »

I think the album is perfect as it is. Reading Amanda's blog and tweets, she is clearly happy with the end result. I cannot imagine Bad Wine and Lemon Cake being more emotive, personal and perfect if it was recorded in a studio.

nada

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »

Hope this isn't spam - I made a facebook book for anyone who's interested in pooling money for the private gig in Brisbane - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176935645677442&num_event_invites=0

desired_wasteland

• I'm a pale intruder on an unknown beach...
    • That Guy With The Headphones
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 05:51:03 AM »

Assumed by who?
Someone tells me they're doing a sonic love-letter of oddities and covers to a country they like to escape to in the winter, and my mind doesn't jump to anything resembling WKAP2.0

I suppose so. It's not WKAP 2.0. It's more like a Live EP to me.

The live version of 'Australia' is beautiful. It's the best version I've heard her do live. I actually thought it was recorded in the studio at first edited with audience sounds (which it'd be perfect without). I don't know. I just expected a studio version cause I was going to do the video thang, which I'll hopefully still do. The audience actually reminds me of waves so it could still work. :)

afpfan79

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 09:33:14 AM »

Downloading this was a breeze and this music was so amazing! is so amazing! sorry great pumpkin, i wonder where the waltzing matilda song was thou?  too predictable?  any way keep the map over-grown, neil is such a beast, and dont work too hard much love.  Am i the only afp fan in WV? just curious O0

vicvic

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »

Vic - do you have a friend or family member that has a more reliable postal route? If so, you can order your merch now and have it shipped to a pal's place for you.
Best I could do is have it mailed to a warm place like Florida and then have them send it o'er when the snow ends. DX It's not that my postal route is unreliable, the snow is just screwing everything up. Everyone in the area I've talked to has had problems.

Lemme think about this...I am a CD devotee so I'm going to get it one way or another!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »

Just a quick question, is there actually any difference between the Oz/NZ version, and North American versions?

Also, I just ordered my Night & Day bundle :D :D :D
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »

Just a quick question, is there actually any difference between the Oz/NZ version, and North American versions?

Also, I just ordered my Night & Day bundle :D :D :D

I believe the biggest difference is in the packaging of the album - the Oz/Nz pressing is in a jewel case, where as the North American pressed CDs are in a digipack
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up