THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Poll

What's your type code?

ISTJ
- 7 (15.9%)
ISFJ
- 2 (4.5%)
INFJ
- 6 (13.6%)
INTJ
- 8 (18.2%)
ISTP
- 0 (0%)
ISFP
- 2 (4.5%)
INFP
- 8 (18.2%)
INTP
- 2 (4.5%)
ESTP
- 0 (0%)
ESFP
- 0 (0%)
ENFP
- 4 (9.1%)
ENTP
- 0 (0%)
ESTJ
- 0 (0%)
ESFJ
- 2 (4.5%)
ENFJ
- 3 (6.8%)
ENTJ
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Myers-Briggs Personality Tests, anyone?  (Read 10523 times)

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Tests, anyone?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

I took the test again yesterday and I had changed from an ENTP to an ENFP. I thought that was really bizarre until I read both of the descriptions and wondered how I ever got ENTP in the first place.
Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked...They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.
Uh. YEAH.
I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE people. I love to listen to people, I love to make them feel comfortable with me, I love to relate with them, and even if I can't relate with someone, I like them to know that I at least sympathize and try to understand them.

They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.
*cough*

Any INTJs or INFJ willing and ready?
^The internet tells me that INFJs and INTJs are my most compatible personality types for a relationship xD

^-^

You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »

^Dude we are the greatest personality :headbang:

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »

^ Yessum. :D  :icon_rr:
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Broody

• Huge Throbbing
    • Saints
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »

INFPs are supposed to be extremely rare - the second rarest of the types next to INTJ, which i think technically qualifies as a type of social disorder anyway. we've got a pretty strange pool here, then.
Everyone learns faster on fire.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »

ive known a lot of infp's, but not in relation to everybody else, for whatever its worth.

Broody

• Huge Throbbing
    • Saints
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »

At least three of my friends, as well as myself, are also INFPs. Either we just tend to find each other easily, or the statistic is completely incorrect.
Everyone learns faster on fire.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 11:00:25 AM »

At least three of my friends, as well as myself, are also INFPs. Either we just tend to find each other easily, or the statistic is completely incorrect.
the test has been around awhile, though, also.  could be easily more infp's developing due to societal waves or the like, who knows.  also, the percentage is probably based on people actually tested rather than internet tested, i'd assume...not to assume one way or the other about how one finds out their status, i'm just saying i'd guess the written, long test would be the basis for a statistic.

it's still interesting, though.  i've always thought of myself as rare.  perhaps this is proof we are really awesome.  or just that infp's tend towards the artistic or something.

theseeker

• Look ma, I stole my very own
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 04:25:26 PM »

I'm an INFJ.

"INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress."

... :o

"Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of their personalities, INFJs are in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, they have very high expectations of themselves, and frequently of their families. They don't believe in compromising their ideals."

Holy fuck that's me.

"In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art, and many excel in the sciences, where they make use of their intuition. INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions. They are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. The INFJ will either avoid such things, or else go to the other extreme and become enveloped in the details to the extent that they can no longer see the big picture. An INFJ who has gone the route of becoming meticulous about details may be highly critical of other individuals who are not."

HOLY FUCK.

...sorry.
Sorry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up