THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Realisation Thread  (Read 17824 times)

Tiervexx

Re: The Realisation Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »

I have my first full blown crush in years!

...it feels as exciting as I remember... but in this case it's not totally a good thing because it could NEVER work.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »

You can never really win against a bulimic person when you want to use the kitchen. Even if you started cooking first. Getting access to the bathroom when they want it never goes well either.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Zoe Amory

• Derpy Hooves' personal assistant
  • I shaved Amanda Palmer
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »

I realized I might be depressed. Maybe. I don't know, I would say that a person who's depressed is sad but I don't feel particularly sad. I don't feel happy either though.

Actually, I just realized I don't feel anything about anything these days. I say things like "That was fun" or "I love you" and so on and I'm not lying, I know those things to be true but I don't feel it.

The only thing I feel is some frustration. Have you ever felt like you wanted something but didn't quite know would you want popcorn or chips, ice cream or cookies or something else? That's how I feel.  :buck2: I want something but I don't know what. And no, I'm not talking about food, if it was food I'd know what I want. >>
Trust me, I am science.

l i s a

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »

i realised that
even though i still love Kayne (my newly ex-boyfriend) so fucking much, that one day i'll find a guy/girl who treats me right, isn't obsessed with Cricket and Footy and who i can be my absolute self around & not feel like i have to impress them, and someone who treats me how i treat them.
and no guy is worth wanting to die over. so now i'm going to be single and happy and just wait for the right person because i'm only 16 -  i have so many years ahead of me.

theseeker

• Look ma, I stole my very own
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »

^ Good for you :)

I realized today that eye contact is essential for sign language.
Sorry.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2011, 06:32:58 PM »

I've been realizing a lot of stuff lately, but it's all personal and dramatic.

I realized yesterday, though, about 30 pages into the book I'm reading, Emma by Jane Austen, that Clueless was loosely based on it.
I had no idea, and it was so obvious (especially when "Mr. Elton" came into the picture) in a subtle enough way that I got giddy from discovering it.

This is old news according to the interwebs, but I got excited.

Sidenote: I'm reading Emma because I read Children of Men and that's the book he grabs sort of randomly. I may have to now re-watch Clueless for the billionth time.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »

I realise now that I fucking suck at dealing with my own feelings. Even though I know exactly what to say when friends ask advice on their feelings.
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »

I realise that, from time to time, i have "woo girl" moments, and sometimes i feel like "okay, thanks, i dunno how to respond".

Maybe because i'm usually calm and nonresponsive, sometimes i disappoint the people around me because of my incapability of reflecting my happiness, gratitude, excitement.
And sometimes i overreact for nonsense-little things. Such as "I left work an hour earlier today, woo!, My favurite movie on the TV, hurray!, We'll meet for a coffee, yay!"

It sounds a little erratic, i know. And i'm not happy about it. Because, for example when a good friend of mine gives me a present, i simply feel happy as hell. Yet i also feel grateful and emotional which makes me shy at the same time. Conclusion: i'm not good at reflecting my happiness at the right time.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 05:25:11 AM »

I live in a family of hopeless pack rats. HOPELESSSSSSSSS! We're supposed to clean out the house this winter, but I can only imagine the headaches it will cost me for trying to convince, for example, my brother that he doesn't need to keep those legoboxes (that are already folded and ripped in various places) if he doesn't plan on sorting his legos box per box.
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 05:27:10 AM »

I realised that no matter how good your intentions are, sometimes hurting someone is unavoidable.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Merk

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2011, 09:49:08 PM »

i have a lot of symptoms for depression :S

Tiervexx

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 06:37:02 PM »

I realised that no matter how good your intentions are, sometimes hurting someone is unavoidable.

Very true!  A common example is when someone is attracted to you but you don't feel the same way.

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2011, 06:42:36 PM »

Trying not to see anything to do with them won't, in any way, make you stop thinking of them.
And it won't stop you wanting to say "I miss you".

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 06:27:13 AM »

Very true!  A common example is when someone is attracted to you but you don't feel the same way.

Yeah, but this someone mostly doesn't care if it hurts.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 05:57:29 PM »

I realised that my sister isn't only lazy when she's here at home, but she's also lazy when she's at my mom's place... I thought it would be better over there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  All   Go Up