THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cleaning out my closet... pricing help, please!  (Read 2198 times)

slyvia k

cleaning out my closet... pricing help, please!
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »

hi guys,
so i decided to get rid of some of my AFP related stuff, and i want to put it up on ebay or maybe see if someone on the box is interested, but i have NO idea how to price things...!
could you give me a hand?

these are the items i'm thinking of putting up for sale

WKAP/neil gaiman coffeetable book. brand new.
1 bowery ballroom NYE 2008-9 poster, designed by me, signed by AFP
5 OZ tour 2009 posters, with dates on the back, designed by me (signed by me if wanted lol)
murder by death and amanda palmer 7'' - never played
1 amanda palmer & vermillion lies tour poster - art by molly crabapple
amanda palmer performs the popular hits of radiohead vinyl - n° 00587 - still in original wrapping/never opened + 2 pins
1 amanda palmer & uke aqua tshirt - girly L - never worn
2 twitter ninja beach party tshirts (on sale for a month or so 2 summers ago on afp's website - limited edition) designed by me. size L and XL
2 OZ tour 2009 tshirt, with dates on the back, designed by me (size 16)

and some artists that gravitate around afp :
jason webley with sxip shirey - 7'' days with you / leave me, number 1004 of 1111 - never played
molly crabapple and john leavitt graphic novel scarlett takes manhattan - never read
jason webley - the cost of living vinyl - limited edition only 1111 made - never played
vermillion lies in new orleans 7'' - signed by both - number 24 of 30 - never played
kaki king - junior cd - signed

slyvia k

Re: cleaning out my closet... pricing help, please!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:54:41 AM »

nobody has a clue? :-\

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:18:32 AM »

i have interest in the vermillion lies/afp poster, but i have no way of helping you price stuff, especially signed.  however, i can tell you i've seen promotional and art posters go in the neighborhood of twenty-five or so dollars american, unsigned.  there might be a website on this sort of thing?  and yet more websites to convert the money they use on the first website, of course.

edit:  obviously, make your money back.  and if you didn't spend any money on it, price it as though you did and expect your money back and then some, is always my advice when selling anything.

GFD18

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:15:25 AM »

Could you post pics of the posters/art?

In terms of pricing - checking Ebay is usually the way to go. Type the item in and search under "Completed Listings" to see the auctions that have ended.  If the price is in Green, it means that the item actually sold.  If the price is in Red, it means that the item did not sell, but that is the price the buyer was attempting to get. If you dont know how to find the completed listings section, let me know and I can help.

I just checked the WKAP book.  Only 2 completed listings.  One was a "Buy It Now" auction and sold for $35 plus $4 shipping.  If it was a "bid" auction it might have sold for less (or for more, it is hard to tell with so few data points.)  The other auction sold for $100 with free shipping BUT it was a signed copy (by Neil and Amanda)

the gig posters-- were these sold at the shows? If so, what was the price?

the murder by death and amanda palmer 7'' unfortunately is not worth much (it is worth the original retail price or maybe slightly more.)  Even though it was limited edition and Sold Out, I guess there is not much interest for it on the secondary market.  The fans who wanted it already have it?

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »

are the t-shirts European or American size?
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »

I have no idea what is a reasonable price, but I might be interested in the WKAP book and 7", dependent on how much you want :)

slyvia k

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »

are the t-shirts European or American size?
the beach ones are US size, the australian are australian size

slyvia k

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »

as i really ( i know, it sounds lame) don't have that much time to check all old auctions on ebay and stuff, and won't be putting them online for a while, i guess that if you're interested in any of the items you can just send me an email at syl.is.antisocial@gmail.com with what you think is a reasonable price (or well, what you are willing to pay for it) and we'll see from then?
Pages: [1]   Go Up