THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SlutWalks  (Read 17402 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
SlutWalks
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »

coming to a town near you:   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42927752/ns/us_news-life/?gt1=43001

:glasses9:

#@!

update: Detroit gets one June 25.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: SlutWalks
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »

how was it?
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »

didn't go.

#@!

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 11:14:13 PM »

Wow really?

Okay, I understand what they're saying. We shouldn't take the blame away from the rapist but at the same time if a women dresses like a slut, she will receive unwanted attention. Males are more visual and therefore they are turned on by what they see. if women don't want to be attacked or harassed, then they shouldn't dress like a whore. It's that simple.

When did the world become so bored and dumb?
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »

Wow really?

Okay, I understand what they're saying. We shouldn't take the blame away from the rapist but at the same time if a women dresses like a slut, she will receive unwanted attention. Males are more visual and therefore they are turned on by what they see. if women don't want to be attacked or harassed, then they shouldn't dress like a whore. It's that simple.

My thought on this.....

Rapists happen in societies where clothing is an afterthought, and in places where all women
wear burqas.  Sometimes they're triggered by obvious "sex" stimuli like lots of exposed skin or
a flirty manner, but at least as often such things seem to have minimal influence in the choice
of victims.  I agree that women who show up for a job interview showing the Grand Canyon of
cleavage have little ground for complaint when they're not taken seriously, but the blame for
rape lies entirely with the rapist.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »

Wow really?

My thought on this.....

Rapists happen in societies where clothing is an afterthought, and in places where all women
wear burqas.  Sometimes they're triggered by obvious "sex" stimuli like lots of exposed skin or
a flirty manner, but at least as often such things seem to have minimal influence in the choice
of victims.  I agree that women who show up for a job interview showing the Grand Canyon of
cleavage have little ground for complaint when they're not taken seriously, but the blame for

what Cee wrote.
in spades.
getting started:

further back:

Mockery

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

'Slut Pride' is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  I agree with Mockery.  If you don't want to be raped, then don't wear an outfit that screams 'please rape me'.  Bears are dangerous, I don't go running around the woods covered in blood, because that's asking for trouble.

Thank you Hillary.

And I also agree with you Cee. The blame is entirely with the rapist. I'm just saying that women who dress like sluts invite unwanted attention so I think they shouldn't dress like a whore either way.

I have 47 Indja Points

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »

Wow really?

My thought on this.....

what Cee wrote.
in spades.

Also more spades for me please.

We had a discussion a while ago about a transgender woman who got the shit kicked out of her in McDonald's because some girls took objection to her being transgendered and using the women's toilets, and we were all outraged - nobody said anything like "Well it's not safe to be a transgender person at night, she should have been more careful". If there was a story of a man getting attacked because he was effeminate and people thought he was gay and so deserved a beating, we'd be horrified. If a gay woman was attacked for dressing "butch" then we'd be equally horrified. And yet, a woman gets raped and somehow it's OK to say that perhaps she shouldn't have worn such a short skirt, or a tight top, or boots or whatever. It's fucking bullshit, and frankly I kind of think people should be ashamed of themselves for suggesting otherwise.

Mockery

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »

Again, you're making a good point Hillary. Again, not saying rape is okay but women who dress like hookers and sluts are inviting people to act ungentlemanly towards them.

I have 47 Indja Points

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »

Again, you're making a good point Hillary. Again, not saying rape is okay but women who dress like hookers and sluts are inviting people to act ungentlemanly towards them.

I'm sorry for the metaphor, but i don't think it's like a donkey chasing a carrot, or a fly flying around the lamp. We are not animals, if we are able to think, we should be able to ignore our instincts too.

It's been a million time but i must tell it again, i live in a country in which %40-50 of the women wear headscarves(a.k.a. turbans) and also they wear long outerwears. Yet they're being raped equally.

And the funnier thing is, the guys coming from such conservative families tend to harass women sexually more than those ones coming from ordinary families. Forgive me but i believe it's just separatism made us women so prejudiced about eachother.
For example: i'm a woman who doesn't wear shorter skirts than the knee length ones. Should i criticize some other woman with mini skirt for dressing like a slut? Oh then there's another woman with ankle length skirt who will blame me for dressing like a slut?

My point is, tastes differ.
The way you want to dress like, does not make a rapist less guilty.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

How did we get two threads on this?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »

How did we get two threads on this?

i beliebe that cletus made one and then indja made another one because she didnt see this one (i only know this one came first due to the dates) and when they originally commented about that indja said that she thought they were a bit different, as in this one was started as throwing it out there and showing everyone "hey look at this, what do you think" and indja's was more based on discussing the actual concept?

i'm guessing but i believe that's kinda what happened...

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 07:02:08 AM »

I wasn't outraged.  

I'm not suggesting it is their FAULT they get raped, I just think they're fucking idiots wandering around at night with next to nothing on.  The REASON they wear that shit is to attract the attention of men, then they act like they have all the integrity in the world to be disgusted if someone they don't find attractive hits on them.  I don't like spiders, but I don't like it if someone sets one on fire.  Rapists should be taken down an alley, shafted with a hot pipe and then shot.  But I also think sluts should be shot, so.

With transgendered people, it's entirely different.  It doesn't hurt a whore to put on a cardigan and a slightly longer skirt, it does not ruin their life or make it a lie - a transgendered woman not wearing female clothes indeed may make her feel like she's living a lie.  

That is a fucking joke. I'm sorry but what on earth gives you the right to decide that how someone dresses means they're an idiot or "a whore"? I know you're not saying it's their fault, but you're still judging a woman for not conforming to your personal idea of sense and style and what have you, and you just don't get to do that. It's beyond just thinking "I wouldn't wear that if you paid me", you're actually insulting that woman's personality and making judgements about their entire lives which is fucking ridiculous.

Savannah's right - we aren't animals, we can control ourselves and act responsibly. A normal, level-headed man would see a girl he fancied, maybe try and chat her up, and if he's turned down then he'd bugger off and let it lie.  What's more, sexual attacks aren't about sex - it's about power and control and proving yourself to be the strongest. Wearing something shapeless and covering yourself up doesn't in any way protect you from that sort of attack.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »

I am of the opinion that anyone can wear what the hell they like in any way they like.....it may not be to my taste but hell 90% of the population offends my sense of fashion.....even if a woman wants to go around in bra and kinickers while swirling a feather boa...it is not ok to physically and sexually assault her.... conformity for safety is a really lame excuse for enforcing dress codes
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »

agree with The Angel R!
getting started:

further back:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8  All   Go Up