THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SlutWalks  (Read 17399 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: SlutWalks
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 06:28:37 AM »

Incidence: At least 47,000 adult women are raped every year in the UK.
Perpetrators: The majority of perpetrators are known to the victim.
Reporting: There has been a progressive increase in the number of rapes reported to the police for more than 20 years; during 2005/6 13,712 rapes were reported.
Conviction: In 2004 the conviction rate for rape was 5.3% - the lowest rate on record.
Support services: There are only 15 Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs) for victims of rape.
Public attitudes: Nearly a third of people (30%) say a woman was partially or totally responsible for being raped if she was drunk
International: A study found the only European country with a lower conviction rate than the UK was Ireland.
http://www.cer.truthaboutrape.co.uk/3.html
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »

wqorryingly nearly 50% of reported rapes are not processed as criminal acrts by the police despite the reported crime falling well inside the guidlines for what is considered rape

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 06:42:16 AM »

Your last statement is interesting.  I don't think this will ever be the case.  If a defence lawyer brought up that she was dressing provocatively, and that was why she got raped - any court would interpret that to be suggesting she wanted to be raped, and that kind of shit the court looks down on and is shocked by.  
'Slut Pride' is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  I agree with Mockery.  If you don't want to be raped, then don't wear an outfit that screams 'please rape me'.  Bears are dangerous, I don't go running around the woods covered in blood, because that's asking for trouble.
I am posting this as a genuine part of the discussion as I just want to clarify where you really stand. Is it that a woman's outfit is to blame for her being raped or isn't it?

If you wanted to work as a prosecutor you might have to change your attitude towards women in outfits that you wouldn't personally choose to wear.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »

http://www.thisisnotaninvitationtorapeme.co.uk/dress/
this is also a helpful website to look at in this argument

and yes in UK courts how a woman dresses or even how a 15 YEAR OLD DRESSES has been taken into consideration during rape trials

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »

http://www.thisisnotaninvitationtorapeme.co.uk/dress/
this is also a helpful website to look at in this argument

and yes in UK courts how a woman dresses or even how a 15 YEAR OLD DRESSES has been taken into consideration during rape trials
In the US they are blaming children for the way they dress. It's beyond wrong.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/08/in-2-gang-rape-cases-communities-blame-11-year-old-victims/
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 06:58:35 AM »

It is worrying how backward thinking people are about this and my interest comes from my deep belief in individuality and self expression but also in the fact that my ex Fiancee  (we parted ways MANY MANY years ago now) was raped by someone who drove me and her home from my work one night....she was still living at home and I was still living at my parents in a small village so i was dropped off first and he said he would drop her off  at her house as he lived nearby..... he then raped her....basatard got 8years for it but the court case was awful and the fact that we were both openly alternative and that she was bisexual was made alot out of...plus the fact that she had been drinking (I worked in a pub) only after he was convicted was it revealed to the jury that he had previous convivtions and several more failed allegations of rape and assault against women on his record..at the time 8years was the maximum sentence for rape in the UK.....I think he MAY have been beaten up quite severely in prison a few times..of course I had nothing to do with that

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »

It is worrying how backward thinking people are about this and my interest comes from my deep belief in individuality and self expression but also in the fact that my ex Fiancee  (we parted ways MANY MANY years ago now) was raped by someone who drove me and her home from my work one night....she was still living at home and I was still living at my parents in a small village so i was dropped off first and he said he would drop her off  at her house as he lived nearby..... he then raped her....basatard got 8years for it but the court case was awful and the fact that we were both openly alternative and that she was bisexual was made alot out of...plus the fact that she had been drinking (I worked in a pub) only after he was convicted was it revealed to the jury that he had previous convivtions and several more failed allegations of rape and assault against women on his record..at the time 8years was the maximum sentence for rape in the UK.....I think he MAY have been beaten up quite severely in prison a few times..of course I had nothing to do with that

I have never understood why the victim's life is hung out there for everyone to judge but the life of the accused is a big secret.  It is awful that she had to go through that. Just awful. It is nice to know that he at least got the crap kicked out of him in prison (and that he was actually sent to prison).

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 07:21:16 AM »

at the time the jury took forever to reach a verdict and only just ruled in our favour...I also was treated like a criminal by the police initially abd was immediately a suspect but as it happens Hampshire police are actually one of the best forces in the uk when it comes to rape investigation and after the initial interviews were completely on our side.... the jury however were led to  believe by the defence that She willingly had sex with him (despite the Rape kit evidence and the fact she had clawed half his face off....he tried to say that was a pet cat!) also for some reason the fact that she also liked girls somehow went against her????

@raliel

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »

as stated before rape is not about sexual desire primarily but about dominance and agression.... and most rapes are committed by people already known to the victim..... the sort of random serial attacker is actually relatively rare and usually have a fixation on one type of victim..it has nil to do with them dressing like "sluts"......
I kind of like the term slut for this particular thing because it is shouting out that it is ok to be young and free to enjoy sex and be promiscuous and it is VERY not ok to be treated as the criminal because of your private life when some bastard decides to rape you.....the idea that the only true rape victim is a pure and chaste virgin is utter nonsense and has to be laid (as it were) to rest as soon as possible

@raliel

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »

rape should basically cover any sexual act upon another person either under duress or without their express and positive consent...... the male body is pretty damn basic in its reaction to physical stimuli and it is indeed possible to commit a sex act on a male without his consent and even directly against his will.....it does not necessarily have to involve vaginal sex via the penis.....
 the pure and chaste virgin thing is basically how  society wants to view women as victims in such crimes, not conforming to this ideal leads to the defence using things like the slogan on ones knickers to try to prove that you consented to sex

@raliel

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »

rape should basically cover any sexual act upon another person either under duress or without their express and positive consent
This should be the wording in the Act.  It's utterly stupid that it isn't.

agreed

is it anywhere else in the world?
with states and provinces in some countries,
having different laws,
maybe some government got this right?
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Dejah Thoris

• Don't know what I want but I know how to get it
  • evolution is coming
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

rape should basically cover any sexual act upon another person either under duress or without their express and positive consent
This should be the wording in the Act.  It's utterly stupid that it isn't.

agreed

is it anywhere else in the world?
with states and provinces in some countries,
having different laws,
maybe some government got this right?

Here's an example of a statute that appears to cover a lot of ground:

750.520b.  First degree criminal sexual conduct
   Sec. 520b.  (1)  A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree if he or she engages in sexual penetration with another person and if any of the following circumstances exist:
   (a)  That other person is under 13 years of age.
   (b)  That other person is at least 13 but less than 16 years of age and any of the following:
   (I)  The actor is a member of the same household of the victim.
   (ii)  The actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the fourth degree.
   (iii)  The actor is in a position of authority over the victim and used this authority to coerce the victim to submit.
   (c)  Sexual penetration occurs under circumstances involving the commission of any other felony.
   (d)  The actor is aided or abetted by 1 or more other persons and either of the following circumstances exists:
   (I)  The actor knows or has reason to know that the victim is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.
   (ii)  The actor uses force or coercion to accomplish the sexual penetration.  Force or coercion includes but is not limited to any of the circumstances listed in subdivision (f) (I) to (v).
   (e)  The actor is armed with a weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a weapon.
   (f)  The actor causes personal injury to the victim and force or coercion is used to accomplish sexual penetration.  Force or coercion includes but is not limited to any of the following circumstances:
   (I)  When the actor overcomes the victim through the actual application of physical force or physical violence.
   (ii)  When the actor coerces the victim to submit by threatening to use force or violence on the victim, and the victim believes that the actor has the present ability to execute these threats.
   (iii)  When the actor coerces the victim to submit by threatening to retaliate in the future against the victim, or any other person, and the victim believes that the actor has the ability to execute this threat.  As used in this subdivision, “to retaliate” includes threats of physical punishment, kidnapping, or extortion.
   (iv)  When the actor engages in the medical treatment or examination of the victim in a manner or for the purposes which are medically recognized as unethical or unacceptable.
   (v)  When the actor, through concealment or by the element of suprise, is able to overcome the victim.
   (g)  The actor causes personal injury to the victim, and the actor knows or has reason to know that the victim is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.
   (h)  That other person is mentally incapable, mentally disabled, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless, and any of the following:
   (I)  The actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the fourth degree.
   (ii)  The actor is in a position of authority over the victim and used this authority to coerce the victim to submit. 
   (2)  Criminal sexual conduct in the first degree is a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for life or for any term of years.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »

hold on ...you can legally have sex with a 13 year old in the US? that is utterly stupid........age of consent here is 16 ( though it is recognised that one may be sexually active much younger) and any legal adult having sex with anyone under the age of 16 is technically automatically guilty of statutory rape.....unfortunately the crime is in itself a tad vague as it can cover someone you meet at a party and sleep with consentually or even have a relationship with and not realise she was underage....all the way through to forced pedophilac activity.........and this is often where young teens are traumatised a second time in court by defence lawyers

@raliel

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »

i may have been a tad innaccurate  but this explains it better
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1999/02/99/e-cyclopedia/437789.stm

@raliel

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »

got it....never studied law...and to be fair only vaguely familiar with the details....

@raliel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  All   Go Up