THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SlutWalks  (Read 19426 times)

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
Re: SlutWalks
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »

it really is disgusting. and i wouldn't like to have a daughter at this era.

last year such a thing has happened in Turkey too, it pissed me off to hell. because the guy was a 65 years old journalist working for a highly puritan muslim newspaper which helped him to get this over. he and his social environment is quite rich, while the girl is a cleaning woman's daughter and just 14 years old.
he and his supporters paid a bribe to the    pedagogues and child psychiatrists who examined the girl's mental state and they gave sworn statement in favour of the guy, the leading motive was that the girl wanted to have sex with him and that her mental state was not effected negatively.

later on, it became known that the guy had given a great deal of money to the girl's mother as dowry.

sometimes i think people should get educated and examined before they have children.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »

indeed passing a simple IQ test would seem appropriate.....
as for the sort of society that seems to be growing around footballers.......truly horrid..and one suspects that youth culture has begun to lose any moral compass it may have had, and for a justice system to seemingly condone this sort of behaviour is utterly abhorrent
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2011, 10:32:52 AM »

it's sick what they're doing. and it's even sicker the mentality that blames these little girls.

i was 17 and had a bf the same age as me. we dated for 5 months but i was not in love, so i did not feel like having sex with him and it got him angry with me.

apparently he wanted to trap me, oneday he invited me to his home saying his mother wanted to get to know me. i went there, but he was alone, and he attacked me. tried to push me down.
eventually i got so anxious that i had a nervous attack, couldn't stop bawling and shaking. i guess it shocked him, so he released me. so i could run away and come back to my home.
it's been 8 years, since then i had many other bfs. but i'm still afraid of trusting in guys and staying alone with someone i don't know well.

even my own mummy blamed me for going to his place. she still does.

and i think it's this mentality that lets rapists free of jail sentence. the women are always guilty, guilty for staying alone with guys, guilty for wearing mini skirts, guilty forwearing attractive perfumes, guilty for going out late at night, guilty for having a job, guilty for trusting people, etc.

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »

the very idea of forcing someone against their will, to do something is abhorrent.........are most men really so governed by their penises? i rather doubt it....so sorry to hear about what happened to you

@raliel

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »

i don't think all or most men are governed by their penises. but i still have a trust issue and i can't help it.

it's ok. i'm alright.

i just told it because i got pissed of by people who blamed those little girls.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »

indeed, and even if one of them was  "acting" more mature than her age.....it is probably because she was a victim of abuse already and had been taught that that was an appropriate way to act.....

@raliel

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »

i don't think all or most men are governed by their penises. but i still have a trust issue and i can't help it.

it's ok. i'm alright.

i just told it because i got pissed of by people who blamed those little girls.

still wished it hadn't happened to you or anyone else
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »

I didn't read everything because.... Well, because I'm a lazy tramp ;) But I think that the idea of expecting a child to know what they want in terms of sex is absurd. I had a terrible, immature attitude to sex until quite recently - basically until I tried actually having it in a loving relationship with someone I trust instead of a stranger from a bar xD But if you'd asked me two years ago, when I was 17, then I would have told you that I was ready for sex. I probably would have said it younger as well, actually. The responsibility lies absolutely with the adult to not expect that a child is going into the situation with the same maturity and attitude that they are.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2011, 01:39:46 PM »

indeed

@raliel

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »

this is extremely relevent to the discussion as it was......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017823/Raped-12-gang-footballers-judge-frees--Victim-speaks-sickening-sex-attack.html
Not knowing your legal system, is there a higher appellate court?  Possibly one
with judges versed in such obscure concepts as age-of-consent?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2011, 07:59:44 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017823/Raped-12-gang-footballers-judge-frees--Victim-speaks-sickening-sex-attack.html
Not knowing your legal system, is there a higher appellate court?  Possibly one
The Supreme Court is higher than the Court of Appeal.  It is not as simple as the headline has suggested.  The court has not necessarily blamed the girl for her being raped, rather have decided that she was not raped at all.  Where this might be (and appears to be exceedingly) incorrect, their judgment is that it was consensual, not that it was deserved rape.  If I were her, or her parents, I would appeal to the Supreme Court.  More often than not decisions by the Appellate Court are overturned by the Supreme.  It appears to be a pattern, the more cases you study. 
Exactly the point of my question.

I mean, there are several states in the US where any sexual contact with a child under...
...typically 14, I think, carries a mandatory long prison term, regardless of any alleged
mitigating factors.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2011, 08:26:07 PM »

Not knowing your legal system, is there a higher appellate court?  Possibly one
The Supreme Court is higher than the Court of Appeal.  It is not as simple as the headline has suggested.  The court has not necessarily blamed the girl for her being raped, rather have decided that she was not raped at all.  Where this might be (and appears to be exceedingly) incorrect, their judgment is that it was consensual, not that it was deserved rape.  If I were her, or her parents, I would appeal to the Supreme Court.  More often than not decisions by the Appellate Court are overturned by the Supreme.  It appears to be a pattern, the more cases you study.  
Exactly the point of my question.

I mean, there are several states in the US where any sexual contact with a child under...
...typically 14, I think, carries a mandatory long prison term, regardless of any alleged
mitigating factors.

it's bullshit they believed those jerks' statement, that "girls looked as if they were 16 and they were the ones who wanted to have sex blablabla". crap...
since when such pedophiles are honest? since when it's ok to have sex with children just because they wanted to do so?
and it's also bullshit that a full court room of people didn't realize how bullshit it was.

i think it should be the mandatory long prison penalty without even asking for their comments.

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2011, 02:17:21 AM »

this weekend is we fest (a huge country festival  :puke: ) and since my MIL works at a crisis center, a lot of the stuff she has to deal with this weekend is girls who have been raped by drunk guys, i know it's extremely hard for her to deal with it, and i know that she tries to help them as best as she can, but it's hard in little towns like this where people are very judge-y. they all automatically assume that it's the girls fault because they're wearing short skirts and flashing boys and are drunk...it's quite horrible  :-\

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2011, 11:12:04 AM »

It sounds horrible.

I think there needs to be a limit on how much someone can consume at a festival. Drinking at festivals never ends well. Unless it's Octoberfest.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »

actually you just need better management of responsible staff........try to restrict drink and it will go underground and become even more dangerous

@raliel
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  All   Go Up