THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Paranormal Stuff  (Read 5118 times)

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
Paranormal Stuff
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »

I know there was a ghost/paranormal thread on here before but i can't find it now, but oh wells....also feel free to talk about aliens, mythical creatures, all that good stuff...

BUT no flaming and fighting, this is for actual conversations everybody! so play nice!

for example i had what i have to guess would be a paranormal experience last night (now granted, YES i do believe in this stuff, but i also try to debunk it hardcore before i say, yup totally a paranormal experience) last night it was hardcore storming last night (which it is generally accepted that more paranormal things happen when it's storming, which i partially agree with if you go with the idea that the energy of the storm could be used by an "entity" but i also think that the reason people think that it happens more is that storms scare people so they get more freaked out so then one tiny little thing that could easily be debunked becomes this big terrifying ghost encounter) and i woke up because we heard a noise in the hallway and the dogs sat up which since they're laying on me, wakes me up...now we knew that mom-in-law was leaving early this morning, so we heard the noise in the hallway sounding how it sounds in this old ass house when someone's walking there, and assumed it was her...then we heard what sounded like our door starting to open (our house is old, our door is warped so it cant actually close all the way it also makes a lot of noise when opening it because it's so old and doesnt fit in the door frame anymore) so we both look up expecting to see mom-in-law telling us she's about to leave and say bye (this happens a lot, which is why we were expecting it) and no one's there, then we hear this weird noise which i realized was the sound of the 3 disc cd changer moving in our stereo...so we checked and no the cd player wasnt on (it has to be on to work obviously) and it was like 4am so we decided whatever lets go back to sleep...when we woke up i checked to make sure the plug was all the way in, it was, we checked to see if the power had gone out the night before (because i've had the stereo forever, i happen to know for a fact if the power goes out and then comes back on that the disc changer will move around, same with when you first turn it on) and no it hadnt, i know it wasnt on because there's lots of lights on it that would be on if it was on, and a few other things...nothing, so from what i can tell the disc changer just went off by itself...fun

so yes go forth, share experiences, talk (not fight!) about what you believe or dont believe!

VinsanityOrElse

• VinsanityOrElse
Re: Paranormal Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

Ooo... the other night when we were sitting in the living room, one of the dogs is older (my mom's dog), she's kind of a loner as the wifey doesn't much like her. Anyway, the dog comes into the room looking obviously unhappy, lays down in the doorway. Suddenly all THREE dogs randomly sat up (obviously very unhappy) and look out the windows. I'm kind of the go to guy about bumps in the night here, so I go outside to investigate.

There's a couple bats flying around, so it could have been the echo location that bothered the dogs. (Understandable) So I turn around to go back in when I hear this snorting from behind the garage. "Hmm, could be deer." I smile, one of the nice parts of living in the middle of no where is you get to see deer and wolves and bears up close. So I sit hoping to enjoy this experience with our neighbors, the deer. I hear hooves, like you'd expect. But then the BIIG tree that's out there starts to shake. Now I know from personal experience that tree is NOT easy to move around. It's an OLD pine and me (in all my heavy glory) can't even shake it...how is a tiny little deer gonna do it? Anyway, so I decide to start walking there to investigate.  :uglystupid2: I dunno why this seemed like a good idea at the time (kind of like using an explosion as a diversion... who RUNS TOWARDS AN EXPLOSION??) Once I get to the road, I hear wings flapping. Hmm, no biggie...sounds like bats or a goose. (Bats are more likely as it was past 10PM...birds don't much like to move after dark) But nope, surveying the sky I see no bats. I clearly scared the two away from before. Not to mention the wings were coming from ahead of me...like towards the garage.

The sound of these wings is what I can describe as either BIIIG wings or within 10 feet of my head. I didn't see anything...so hmm  :-X Once I finally get to a place where I might be able to see what's back there (heavily treed area) the trees shake AGAIN, and the sound of hooves and wings go away from me...like away from the house.
That's it, I stood there for a minute but there was no more sounds...so I went back in and told the Wifey. 

Now looking at this from a completely rational level, this could have been deer (I know bucks scratch the hair off their antlers using trees) which would explain the hoof sounds and the snorting. Now there ALREADY were two bats, perhaps there were some back in those trees as well. That would clear up ALL of that situation. However, there was an odd feeling to go with all of it so... I dunno. Maybe it's my imagination, it just doesn't feel like it to me.

Going off the deep end what could it be? Well we have experience with Native American "stuff" out here so...coming from that way I'd say Mothman. But that doesn't include hooves, unless that was tree branches snapping instead. Only other thing I can think of was Jersey Devil also known as Leeds Devil. Dunno about something like that making its way all the way out to Minnesota, but... yeah.
Let the music take your soul, and sing from your ever beating heart in the key your mind can no longer hear.

Tiervexx

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:51:16 PM »

I woke up in my college apartment feeling something fucking me.  The obvious explanation is that it was just a dream but it just happened to be in my own bed as opposed to some exotic location like my dreams normally are.  And the feeling of being penetrated was SUPER vivid.  I was tossing and turning as it was doing this but I could not get up or go anywhere.

I believe it was just a dream, just an abnormally intense one.  Come to think of it, I think that was the most vivid dream ever.  And it was not totally unpleasant either even though bottoming is not my thing.

...before going on anti-psychotic medication I saw ghosts all the time but after becoming medicated I feel more confident that it was my mind torturing me.  I only saw them for brief instants but it happened many times a day and was very unnerving.  Now it just happens occasionally.

Another very vivid hallucination you might be interested in is when I was sleeping in my parents house and was in the process of waking up.  I had sleep paralysis which happens to me every now and again.  Sleep paralysis was always very unpleasant for me but this time was much worse.  I saw a tiny little, creepy looking puppet approach me and I could not move to get away or defend myself.

Sleep paralysis is known to cause hallucinations so I don't think I have any experiences I can't explain.  I don't believe in the paranormal to be blunt but I've been frightened so many times by my own damn mind playing tricks on me.

tanqgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »

I woke up in my college apartment feeling something fucking me.  The obvious explanation is that it was just a dream but it just happened to be in my own bed as opposed to some exotic location like my dreams normally are.  And the feeling of being penetrated was SUPER vivid.  I was tossing and turning as it was doing this but I could not get up or go anywhere.

I believe it was just a dream, just an abnormally intense one.  Come to think of it, I think that was the most vivid dream ever.  And it was not totally unpleasant either even though bottoming is not my thing.

...before going on anti-psychotic medication I saw ghosts all the time but after becoming medicated I feel more confident that it was my mind torturing me.  I only saw them for brief instants but it happened many times a day and was very unnerving.  Now it just happens occasionally.

Another very vivid hallucination you might be interested in is when I was sleeping in my parents house and was in the process of waking up.  I had sleep paralysis which happens to me every now and again.  Sleep paralysis was always very unpleasant for me but this time was much worse.  I saw a tiny little, creepy looking puppet approach me and I could not move to get away or defend myself.

Sleep paralysis is known to cause hallucinations so I don't think I have any experiences I can't explain.  I don't believe in the paranormal to be blunt but I've been frightened so many times by my own damn mind playing tricks on me.

i think part of the fun is seeing if you can debunk stuff...cause if you cant then what? chya know what i mean?

overratedtoejam

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:27:41 AM »

i was getting stir crazy and decided to sit on my front porch and smoke a cigarette. it's midnight. so there i was minding my own business when a small black thing came fluttering and swooping all around me. i was hoping it was a bat or a butterfly but then i got a look at it and realized it was just black matter of some sort..kind of amoeba shaped. i ran inside to turn the light on but it was gone after that.

so many paranormal things have been happening to me lately. i'd really appreciate it if they stopped so i wouldn't shit my pants everyday.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »

as I have possibly stated before....I do not believe in the paranormal in the same way i do not believe in tables...it is such a normal part of everyday reality it should be reclassified as really odd normal
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

overratedtoejam

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »

^very true. i've gotten pretty used to seeing weird things, but i hate that initial scared feeling when you see something you're not expecting.

tanqgirl

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »

i agree with that as well...at least for me it's a part of every day living in an old as shit house and what not

Merk

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »

new years eve, i about 5-8 yrs old when was sitting in the living room alone and all of a sudden two eyes appeared through the blinds. they were threatening looking, i didnt move or say anything they just looked at me for a minute and dissapeared. i live in an appartment, there is no way of anyone standing outside the window

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »

why doesn't any of this shit ever happen to me?  :(

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »

be CARFEUL what you ask for ...
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:57 AM »

summoning something up from the shadows to stalk you.........
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

my beautiful idiot

• I was born to die alone.
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »

I agree with Len. Sometimes if you try conjuring up a spirit, it doesn't always turn out to be nice!

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »

a woman was raped - and had her throat slit afterwards by her assailant - about 9 or 10 blocks from my home a few nights ago. you think a ghost or evil spirit is gonna scare me?

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:00:49 PM »

^After experiencing such stuff, it takes a long while until you feel ok again.

Anyway i still think it all happens in our minds.

7 years ago i was studying for the sse, it was a very stressful and tough year, and i can not explain how hard it's to get a good point from that exam in order to matriculate in a university in Turkey.

Long story short, having such a busy schedule and feeling under such a massive pressure, i had a nightmare one night.
It was the scariest thing i had ever experienced. I remember, in my dream, i was flying inside a very big building, somewhere like a castle. Suddenly i saw some corpses on the ground, and just when i saw it i started falling. Right before i hit the ground i opened my eyes. My eyes were open wide, but it was as if some giant were sitting on my chest, i hardly could breathe. And when i tried to throw the quilt off of me i realized that i wasn't able to move my hands. My whole body was numb. Then i started praying, and tried hard to move my fingers. Then after trying for a while i was able to move my hands, my legs, and right after being able to get up, i ran to my mother.

It took my two days to be able to sleep again. But it was not over. After a week or something, i had another nightmare. It became impossible for me to sleep alone in my room, so my mother started sleeping in my room. But it didn't help and i kept having more nightmares.

After some while i guess i found a way to cope with all of the stress and nightmares, so they became sparse.

I haven't had any further nightmares after that exam shit. And i strongly believe that i's all about the stress. I hope i never have them anymore, because i know if it took a little longer while i might become insane.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up