THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Paranormal Stuff  (Read 5117 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Paranormal Stuff
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »

I personally think SOME sort of external thing goes on....what our brains interpret this information as is more problematic....and often people see very similar things in the same location without actually knowing in advance......also some parts of the world ARE ufo hotspots.....lots of people see odd things pretty regularly in the skies in these place....WHAT they are is almost certainly not Aliens or even necessarily something intelligent...but definitely an unexplained ( in conventional terms) phenomena..I have my theories about all of this and I have probs mentioned them loads before though
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Tiervexx

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »

I personally think SOME sort of external thing goes on....what our brains interpret this information as is more problematic....and often people see very similar things in the same location without actually knowing in advance......also some parts of the world ARE ufo hotspots.....lots of people see odd things pretty regularly in the skies in these place....WHAT they are is almost certainly not Aliens or even necessarily something intelligent...but definitely an unexplained ( in conventional terms) phenomena..I have my theories about all of this and I have probs mentioned them loads before though

It is an interesting topic.

I've heard about how geothermal activity might generate ball lightning in some places (Mexico City is a big one) and when people see the lights they jump to conclusions...

We don't know everything, but it drives me crazy to see how often people will talk about topics that "Science can't explain" only to list off things that we've been able to explain for many years.

One such example are the Naga fireballs.  A TV station caught soldiers firing tracer rounds into the air and the locals responded by just protesting...  True believer syndrome is powerful stuff.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »

had an interesting conversation the other day with someone studying Hypnogogic states and altered state of conciousness,
it is entirely possible that when we are in such states (which happen far more frequently than people imagine) our subconcious takes over our perceptions of unexpected or unusual things and kind of forces us to see ghost or UFO's as a way of dealing with phenomena we cannot process in the normal way.... it is also entirely possible that whatever causes the initial unusual phenomena  MAY also be affecting our brains in such a way to cause the altered state of conciousness......
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »

*bump*

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »

Ghah, I thought that there was new paranormal stuff to read, and then there wasn't.

Paranormal stuff kind of scares me, but I do think it's really interesting. I never experienced something like it, though.
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

MattAaland

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 05:15:50 AM »

Haha, I'm so happy I found this. I'll see if I can get tanq to come back soon.

Well, I work at a haunted hotel now. Seriously, there's a building here we call '66.' It was built in 1966, nothing TOO awesome. But it used to be an all girls catholic school. The rumor is there was a nun who got knocked up and hung herself in the "penthouse" which is where all the generators and things are... NOT the fun kind of penthouse. Not sure about the nun business, but it DEFINITELY has SOMETHING in there aside from the asbestos. The security staff is afraid to do rounds there and I get the distinct feeling I'm not welcome whenever I walk through the locked doors. Of course I work the graveyard shift and I'M the one who has to go and replace burnt out bulbs... THANKS GUYS! The guy who gets yelled at, slapped, and scratched by things unseen.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up