THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUR NEWS: AFP Hits New England & Europe Summer 2011  (Read 6929 times)

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
Re: TOUR NEWS: AFP Hits New England & Europe Summer 2011
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »

BROOKLYN, NY - RSVP
Thursday, June 23

My 85 year old aunt is interested in coming to the Brooklyn show.
How elderly friendly is the The Bell House??

(Yes, the Aunt who brought me to the
  halloween 2010 d.dolls reunion at Irving Place)

She'll bring her chair cane again,
but the The Bell House doesn't seem to have a Balcony.
Will be she't be able to see anything?

Thanks!

Saw your post on Facebook.
I've never been, nor has Amanda, and I'm not directly interfacing with the promoter's on this.

That said, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to let you know if you contacted them directly:
http://www.thebellhouseny.com/contact.php
https://twitter.com/#!/bellhouseny
http://www.facebook.com/thebellhouseny

EDIT to make the 2nd URL clickable
(Global Modetators can edit other's posts)
-lentower
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:28:45 PM by lentower »

Miss Sahara

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »

vienna; i'll be there.

(btw "AU"=australia. austria="AT")

I wonder if it's a regional thing or just me being a stupid American. I've most commonly seen Australia as "AUS" but I'll fix it since the internet domain for Austria is AT and I don't want to confuse anyone.

http://www.jeppesn.dk/countrycodes.html

Note the car codes for Australia and Austria.  
Most cars in Europe has an oval decla on the back with the country code in it.

well, the cars around here only have an "A" sign. the two-letter abbrev that is used for things like tour dates is AT, or the three letter code AUT. (for australia AU or AUS). either way it says europe on top, so there shouldn't be much confusion.

and as long as you know there is a difference between the two you don't qualify as stupid americans... ;)

also HELL YEAH! I CAN'T WAIT!

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I'll contact the venue.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

SoulPhoenix

• "Jump, You Fucker, Jump"
  • Allowed to casually chat to Chickens
    • A few of my favourite pics
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 02:27:42 AM »

I'm in kindof a Catch 22 with the London Mystery shows, since i'll have to come down to London from the opposite end of the country, and with not knowing when tickets go onsale, i can't book hotels because i don't know if i'll be able to get tickets (If they sell out too quickly or i miss the on-sale announcement) but by the time i find out if i can get/already have the tickets, hotels will probably be too expensive for me to book anyway  :-\

spacepeanut

• Rachel
  • Ukulele Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 07:09:25 AM »

I already said this in another post, BUT my name is rachel and I am from Australia and I am going on a 2-3 month trip with some friends to Europe! I am super excited to see Amanda over there, and so far I have a ticket to the Brighton gig, but the stupid interenet won't let me purchase the london and Amsterdam ones :( If you guys have any solutions to my problems that would be DANDY.
I also wanted to ask if there is anyone willing to lend me a couch or a room leading up to/around these gigs. I am not a scary person wishing to invade your privacy, I'm just looking to meet some fellow AFP fans that I can hang out with and have a good time :D

Any help would be MUCHOS appreciated!

AFP love!

Rachel The Australian.
I quite like it when I don't understand it.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »

I already said this in another post, BUT my name is rachel and I am from Australia and I am going on a 2-3 month trip with some friends to Europe! I am super excited to see Amanda over there, and so far I have a ticket to the Brighton gig, but the stupid interenet won't let me purchase the london and Amsterdam ones :( If you guys have any solutions to my problems that would be DANDY.
I also wanted to ask if there is anyone willing to lend me a couch or a room leading up to/around these gigs. I am not a scary person wishing to invade your privacy, I'm just looking to meet some fellow AFP fans that I can hang out with and have a good time :D

AFP love!

Rachel The Australian.

What's going on when you try and buy tickets? Is it not allowing you to purchase them because you don't live within a certain area? Perhaps we can get someone in the area to help you out and buy tickets if you were to PayPal them the money.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

I'm in kindof a Catch 22 with the London Mystery shows, since i'll have to come down to London from the opposite end of the country, and with not knowing when tickets go onsale, i can't book hotels because i don't know if i'll be able to get tickets (If they sell out too quickly or i miss the on-sale announcement) but by the time i find out if i can get/already have the tickets, hotels will probably be too expensive for me to book anyway  :-\

We'll give you as much warning as we can on the tickets - I don't think it's going to sell out immediately so as long as you're keeping tabs, you should be fine. We'll also - maybe - be able to do a contest/giveaway for a couple. Basically, what I'm trying to say is: Don't wait to book things/make your plans.

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:01 AM »

I vote another US tour including a show in Denver. Been far too long since I have been able to rock out with Amanda.
Almost 3 years. :(

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 04:20:48 AM »

I vote another US tour including a show in Denver. Been far too long since I have been able to rock out with Amanda.
Almost 3 years. :(

i have no inside knowledge,
but it may be the next record,
before amanda tours widely again.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:29 AM »

We'll give you as much warning as we can on the tickets - I don't think it's going to sell out immediately so as long as you're keeping tabs, you should be fine. We'll also - maybe - be able to do a contest/giveaway for a couple. Basically, what I'm trying to say is: Don't wait to book things/make your plans.
also there are dirt cheap hostels in camden if necessary....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »

also there are dirt cheap hostels in camden if necessary....
Don't you have a closet you'd be willing to let for a modest fee? (Meals extra, of course.)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:37 AM »

possibly.....

@raliel

spacepeanut

• Rachel
  • Ukulele Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »

AFP love!

Rachel The Australian.

What's going on when you try and buy tickets? Is it not allowing you to purchase them because you don't live within a certain area? Perhaps we can get someone in the area to help you out and buy tickets if you were to PayPal them the money.

Managed to get my ticket to the London gig, but it would be swell if I could find some people to meet up with and help me find the venues/hang out with whilst I'm in the UK :D

spacepeanut

• Rachel
  • Ukulele Hero
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 01:48:47 AM »

also, I think i'm just going to have to use my dad's credit card for the Amsterdam show if I manage to get there. Pretty sure it's a just a matter of using mastercard instead of visa, but thanks for the help anyway :D

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 03:53:28 AM »

AFP love!

Rachel The Australian.

Managed to get my ticket to the London gig, but it would be swell if I could find some people to meet up with and help me find the venues/hang out with whilst I'm in the UK :D
You will be more than welcome to hang around with us freaks.....

@raliel
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up