THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: Beauty=Big Boobs, Tiny Waist  (Read 80730 times)

BB Gun-it

Re: Beauty=Big Boobs, Tiny Waist
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 01:29:56 AM »

This thread has way too many sizeist, ableist and sexist statements absolutely rife with intolerance and ignorance.

These sentiments in the majority of the population were part of why I immersed myself so heavily in the 'box a couple years ago. I'm sad to see so many people perpetuating stereotypes here, where I once felt safe.

now i'm not attracted to women, BUT if i were i'd have to admit that i'd want you to look like a damn woman, if you have no curves and/or are shaped like a boy then fuck off...i like my boys to look like boys and girls to look like girls

Girls look like girls because they identify as girls, even if they are shaped as boys and wear men's clothes and don't shave. Boys look like boys because they identify as girls even if they have long hair and feminine features and wear make up and have curves.

That thin girl doesn't have boobs. She didn't feed them and they died.  :-\

That thin girl might not have boobs because her grandmothers didn't have boobs because their mothers didn't have boobs. Alternately, she might not have boobs because she has a metabolic disorder OR an eating disorder.

As for the original post I think that going into "extremes" isn't good. We were shown photos of a skeleton and a rather "big" lady. No middle ground? There are loads of women who look normal. And skinny doesn't always mean ugly. I've known some girls who looked kinda skinny, but were really tiny to add to it. It looked OK. And I'd prefer that to a "big" woman.

The first picture is one of the first google image results for "extremely skinny." This (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1Tvq6bgus5E/TVrKHIOqC-I/AAAAAAAAAGc/oUuxKyjaTLo/s1600/fat+cavewoman+eating.jpg) is one of the first results for "extremely overweight." The second woman in the original post is far closer to an average weight in the USA than it is to "extremely overweight."

regarding the aesthetics of bewbies; big is not always best; a good handful is probably ideal.  however, the two women i have been attracted to the most in my life both have/had pretty sizable racks.

Referring to the size of breasts in terms of personal preference (as sylvia did) is a lot less alienating than stating it almost as fact that "a good handful is probably ideal." I have a good deal more than a "good handful" and I'd like to think that my body type suits SOMEONE'S preference.

if i had to pick btw woman number one and woman number two, i'd pick number one. that's how ''perverted'' i am.
(i'm really not a fan of big cleavage. at all. but honestly, i think it's all about proportions. if the girl in the first pic - yes, she could definitely gain a bit of weight, for her health - had big boobs, it would be really gross and unnatural)

I am not nearly as skinny as her, but I would consider myself at the smaller end of "thin." I have huge natural boobs and I like to think they're not gross.

I'm not going to touch on the mental illness thread here as I think my opinions have been presented better than I could ever present them by others (I'm in Mr. Leave Me Alone's camp, in case anyone is wondering), but the closed-mindedness and ignorance of some of the things people are expressing on this thread make me feel sick to my stomach.

Additionally, I'm almost always fantastically satisfied with my body. I have no desire to lose weight or tone up or change anything about myself until I see people expressing their opinions about what a person should look like, or what an ideal body is, or what bodily qualities are gross.

In conclusion: stop fucking judging people and state your opinions about personal preference as YOUR OPINIONS and not general opinions. And don't trivialize anyone's issues.

BB Gun-it

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2011, 01:34:59 AM »

(Sorry to double post but...)

TL;DR? Stop policing other people's bodies.

CottonCandy

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 02:36:52 AM »

regarding the aesthetics of bewbies; big is not always best; a good handful is probably ideal.  however, the two women i have been attracted to the most in my life both have/had pretty sizable racks.

What is "good handful" exactly? Boobs you can enturely cover with a cupped hand, ones that leave a bit over? And if the ideal is good handful then maybe girls with slightly bigger boobs just need to find a partner with bigger hands...

Surely it's what fits your frame. I was very skinny teenager and 34B (UK, 75B european, don't know uS sizes sorry). Since I've put on quite a bit of weight gradually... I'm possibly little bit overweight according to bmi but much more active and happier with my body, and my boobs are 32E(or 70E). They have always fitted my frame though! I would've looked ridiculous if I had had these boobs when I was skinny.

BB Gun-it

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 02:57:50 AM »

What is "good handful" exactly? Boobs you can enturely cover with a cupped hand, ones that leave a bit over? And if the ideal is good handful then maybe girls with slightly bigger boobs just need to find a partner with bigger hands...

Surely it's what fits your frame. I was very skinny teenager and 34B (UK, 75B european, don't know uS sizes sorry). Since I've put on quite a bit of weight gradually... I'm possibly little bit overweight according to bmi but much more active and happier with my body, and my boobs are 32E(or 70E). They have always fitted my frame though! I would've looked ridiculous if I had had these boobs when I was skinny.

Problem 1: If you've gained weight, your band size should be bigger, not smaller. The only way this could be the case is that you were wearing improperly sized bras as a very skinny teenager.

Problem 2: You're suggesting that ALL of my future partner's need shaquille o'neal's hands. I haven't had a single partner who could contain one of my breasts in both of their hands (and I've had partners with very large hands), and I don't mind, and they haven't minded and maybe you shouldn't tell me how small my boobs should be and what I should look for in a partner based on my body type.

Problem 3: My bra size is 30H. I have these boobs. I am this skinny. I'd like to think I don't look ridiculous even though by your definition my boobs don't "fit my frame."

How about we stop making sweeping generalizations on what anyone's body should be, or what anyone with a certain body type should do, or what anyone with a certain body type should wear?

slyvia k

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 04:03:46 AM »

gaah i'm so sorry, it goes to show how easily you can say bullshit and offend other people without really meaning to...  :-\

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 04:36:21 AM »

Let's make it simple.

Beauty = whatever the fuck YOU think is beautiful.

Fat, skinny, tall, short, legless, armless, big boobs, little boobs, big dick, little dick, hairy bits, not hairy bits etc are all a matter of PERSONAL preference. (If your preference is not listed, feel free to add it in)

You DON'T have the right to generalise and say that I am unattractive to the world at large.

You DO have the right to say that YOU find me unattractive.

I have the right not to give a fuck what YOU think.

This thread has annoyed me so much that I am using cap words. I hate using cap words. Don't make me do it again.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 07:57:38 AM »

This thread has way too many sizeist, ableist and sexist statements absolutely rife with intolerance and ignorance.

the preceding sentence offends me because it is full of non-words invented by 'political correctness,' which is, as i have said time and again, yet another form of exclusion.  i don't think anyone in this thread meant to commit these word crimes, and it bothers me that people take their own problems and project them onto a thread about aesthetics, where no one meant any harm.  correct them gently or point out their mistakes in wording as you see them?  sure, but don't try to make out like these guys meant to insult you, personally.  taking this shit personally doesn't make anything anyone's fault in this case.  it just makes people who shouldn't have to take responsibility for someone else's feelings of shortcoming.

regarding the aesthetics of bewbies; big is not always best; a good handful is probably ideal.  however, the two women i have been attracted to the most in my life both have/had pretty sizable racks.

Referring to the size of breasts in terms of personal preference (as sylvia did) is a lot less alienating than stating it almost as fact that "a good handful is probably ideal." I have a good deal more than a "good handful" and I'd like to think that my body type suits SOMEONE'S preference.[/quote]

well, misinterpreting a casual statement and deciding that, instead of giving fellow shadowboxers the benefit of the doubt about whether or not they meant any personal preference or were actually being insulting TO YOU is pretty alienating as well as ignorant.  since this IS a 'safe place' to me, i feel more able to allow my hair down enough to assume that no one will apply misinterpretive meaning to what i might have said, no matter how laconic my wording is, knowing from my continued presence on the box that i don't mean any harm by what i have said.  i've apologized profusely more than once when i have thought i have been insulting, even inadvertently, but i am not going to apologize for something someone assumed responsibility for owning out of the blue, blue sky.  just because i don't use the 'acceptable' types of speech in one's perception doesn't mean i have actually insulted anyone, either.  if i can't speak freely here, i don't see many places i can, honestly.

since i was stating my own preference (and referring to many women i have dated), i would assume it was more than obvious that i didn't speak for everyone's ideal, and therefore cannot accept responsibility for you projecting my casual statement about my personal aesthetics onto your own feelings of self.  what the hell do you care what i am attracted to?  how does that have any bearing on you as a person?  it wasn't meant to, and therefore shouldn't.  i don't see any males assuming i somehow said they were unattractive or that there was no one for them, just because i like people with breasts, for example.  my girlfriend right now has way more than a handful, incidentally, and i've pledged the rest of my life to her, if she will have me.  and, we've discussed our ideals in aesthetics, and neither of us 'measures up' because no one measures up to an ideal.  that's why it's an ideal and not a norm.

edit:  i do apologize if my kneejerk reaction here offends anyone inadvertently.  but, i don't see a way to defend what i meant to say jokingly, to lighten the already dragging mood in this thread any other way.  clearly it wasn't all that funny, and that's fine.  we've all got to have days when we miss the mark with humor.

for one, it hit me sideways that so many threads were being picked apart and labeled as offensive, purely based on one or two person's feelings of self (by the way i am not referring to the actual disorder discussion).  and, by the same token, it burns my ass being told how to post and how to word my wording.  there have been statements made about gayness that have offended me here, and other statements i found ass-headed or ignorant, and i tried to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and not personalize what was said.  i don't think the same consideration when i fuck up and say something that can be interpreted two ways is too much to ask to assume i meant the non-awful way.

In conclusion: stop fucking judging people and state your opinions about personal preference as YOUR OPINIONS and not general opinions. And don't trivialize anyone's issues.

i did state my personal opinion as my own personal opinion.  that i don't take the time to type a disclaimer every single time i post an opinion is evidence that i feel as though i am among friends who won't automatically assume the worst from what i said.

NastyEgo

• my worst enemy
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:48 PM »

@Agonistes:
Thanks mate, I wanted to say the same thing about the disclaimer. Maybe we should start putting it in each and every post we make here (and make it extensively long and official), so people know that it's our opinion on topic. By our, I mean of course yours and mine as separate opinions, as I wouldn't dare generalise or tell you that you should have the same opinion.

@BB Gun-it
I didn't mean extremes as HERE. That's why I put the word in speech marks. These girls are on the completely opposite ends of the scale. No middle ground was given.
Quote from: BB Gun-it
The second woman in the original post is far closer to an average weight in the USA than it is to "extremely overweight."
That doesn't say anything, as worldwide Americans are viewed as obese (it's neither my opinion or do I support any stereotypes of that kind). Looking at the photo I'd say she might be somewhere closer the upper limit of middleweight for amateur sumo wrestling (women sumo). I think it speaks for itself.
I also never met anyone or heard of anyone who would say that girl in the first picture is attractive and in the second ugly. Amongst "normal" (i.e. average people) it's quite the opposite.
lookning in shades of green through shades of blue

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 04:26:20 PM »

(Sorry to double post but...)

TL;DR? Stop policing other people's bodies.

stop policing other people's minds.   :P

#@!

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 04:58:01 PM »

People can think whatever they want. When you open your mouth and don't consider the consequences and someone else gets upset because you are essentially telling them whether or not their body is suitable, it's time to take a step back. Not that I am suggesting that that's what anyone has been doing as I haven't really read most of the posts that have been going on today, but...you know. 'Policing people's minds' and saying 'that hurts loads of people, stop it.' are two different things.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 05:18:29 PM »

Let's make it simple.

Tell that to the media.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

BB Gun-it

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »

gaah i'm so sorry, it goes to show how easily you can say bullshit and offend other people without really meaning to...  :-\

It's okay, Syl. Thanks for the apology; I wasn't trying to single out anyone or say in my post that anyone was intentionally saying hurtful things, but I was trying to point out to people that their language was alienating and thereby problematic.

I'm not trying to say that I'm perfect, either. I am fortunate enough to have fantastic friends who point out when I'm making generalizations or using alienating, oppressive or offensive language. They've helped me to change the way I think about language and the effect it has on the people around me. Oppression is so deeply rooted in the history of the English language and western culture that recognizing and changing it is a constant process and I think no less of anyone for participating in that process.

the preceding sentence offends me because it is full of non-words invented by 'political correctness,' which is, as i have said time and again, yet another form of exclusion.  i don't think anyone in this thread meant to commit these word crimes, and it bothers me that people take their own problems and project them onto a thread about aesthetics, where no one meant any harm.  correct them gently or point out their mistakes in wording as you see them?  sure, but don't try to make out like these guys meant to insult you, personally.  taking this shit personally doesn't make anything anyone's fault in this case.  it just makes people who shouldn't have to take responsibility for someone else's feelings of shortcoming.

Although typically they are functionally indistinguishable, there is a difference between "politically correct" and "non-discriminating" language. These are words used to describe the ways in which we show preference for one type of person over another: ways in which we show prejudice. What I did in my initial post was correct people gently and point out their mistakes in wording as I saw them. I don't think at any point I "made out like [those] guys meant to insult [me], personally." Where appropriate, I provided examples of how their language was alienating to me and thereby had the potential to be alienating to other members of the community.

I've taken nothing personally. I have, however, been adversely affected by the language used in this thread. People shouldn't have to take responsibility for someone else's feelings of shortcoming, you're right. They should have to take responsibility for developing systems of language which do not alienate members of their community.
regarding the aesthetics of bewbies; big is not always best; a good handful is probably ideal.  however, the two women i have been attracted to the most in my life both have/had pretty sizable racks.

Referring to the size of breasts in terms of personal preference (as sylvia did) is a lot less alienating than stating it almost as fact that "a good handful is probably ideal." I have a good deal more than a "good handful" and I'd like to think that my body type suits SOMEONE'S preference.

well, misinterpreting a casual statement and deciding that, instead of giving fellow shadowboxers the benefit of the doubt about whether or not they meant any personal preference or were actually being insulting TO YOU is pretty alienating as well as ignorant.  since this IS a 'safe place' to me, i feel more able to allow my hair down enough to assume that no one will apply misinterpretive meaning to what i might have said, no matter how laconic my wording is, knowing from my continued presence on the box that i don't mean any harm by what i have said.  i've apologized profusely more than once when i have thought i have been insulting, even inadvertently, but i am not going to apologize for something someone assumed responsibility for owning out of the blue, blue sky.  just because i don't use the 'acceptable' types of speech in one's perception doesn't mean i have actually insulted anyone, either.  if i can't speak freely here, i don't see many places i can, honestly.

since i was stating my own preference (and referring to many women i have dated), i would assume it was more than obvious that i didn't speak for everyone's ideal, and therefore cannot accept responsibility for you projecting my casual statement about my personal aesthetics onto your own feelings of self.  what the hell do you care what i am attracted to?  how does that have any bearing on you as a person?  it wasn't meant to, and therefore shouldn't.

I apologize for misinterpreting your statement. Typically a misinterpretation isn't a decision one makes. You have never seen my body before; it would be outlandish for me to take that as a personal insult. I was remarking on the language you used which seemed to me to imply (from the lack of indication that you were, in fact, speaking of personal preference in your sentence structure) that generally, to everyone whose sexual orientation includes people with breasts, a handful is ideal. Again, I apologize for misinterpreting your language. I was not assuming ownership, I was providing a personal example.

You can speak as freely as you'd like here. I can too, and that includes critiquing your language and pointing out different ways in which it can be interpreted.

As I feel I've already presented, I don't care what you're attracted to, but I do care what you imply everyone is attracted to. I misinterpreted you; you've acknowledged this. What I critiqued is not what you meant so why are you upset with me for critiquing what you did mean?

As for its bearing on me as a person: sweeping generalized statements have bearing on everyone. Your personal preference has no bearing on me, but your statements that imply what everyone prefers do.

People can think whatever they want. When you open your mouth and don't consider the consequences and someone else gets upset because you are essentially telling them whether or not their body is suitable, it's time to take a step back. Not that I am suggesting that that's what anyone has been doing as I haven't really read most of the posts that have been going on today, but...you know. 'Policing people's minds' and saying 'that hurts loads of people, stop it.' are two different things.

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »

Let's make it simple.

Tell that to the media.
Don't listen to the media.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Tiervexx

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »

anorexia=willpower.

Has to be the dumbest fucking thing I have heard in a long time. I would put forth a longer argument but what's the point. If you really believe something that stupid then nothing I say will change your mind.

I'd like to point out that nobody actually said that.  I'm very frustrated with two straw man versions of what I said that most people seem to have read:

1) People with mental disorders can overcome them if they have enough willpower.  I would NEVER say that.  Nobody said it here.

2) If people were strong enough they'd be anorexic.  Also never said.

this:
That's what I mean when I say the ones who starve themselves are showing strength, it's just that the strength is misdirected because of their mental illness.

is also not true, at least for me anyway. it was WEAKNESS that made me stop eating not strength. if i was strong then i would have found healthy ways to deal with my problems but i wasn't. the friend i wrote about who ate junk food and purged, well she died. she was 20. is that strength? not in my opinion. strength would have been to fight the voices in her head and just eat something and keep it down. i can say that now having been through YEARS of therapy, but not even at my worst with anorexia did i feel strong for not eating because not eating to me was easy, it was eating that was hard.  

I think your replies are interesting and I admit I may be projecting my own very different mental disorder onto what I think anorexia is.

My vision of it was that you think you are too fat so you make yourself stop eating even though you still feel hungry.  So I was thinking that you still are fighting hunger.  That's all I meant.  I thought it was a simple statement that was interpreted well beyond it's intended meaning.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »

This thread is ridiculous. It's either going to be about what people personally find attractive, which is the essence of the People You Would Like To Bang thread, or of us all coming together to say that, surprise surprise, we like personal freedom.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 34   Go Up