THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Australian Brigade!  (Read 15432 times)

heartstringz

• killed Amanda Palmer
  • Long Live Punk Cabaret!
Re: Australian Brigade!
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 05:51:34 PM »

I'm keen to do something but lets just say that I'm not the most outgoing, extraverted type person, I usually prefer to follow rather than lead - so if someone has a good idea I will help out with that.

I was thinking about doing some ReBELLYon stuff - I'll be taking my camera (I think we should be good to get it into the Tiv) and I was thinking of taking some textas etc and encouraging people in the line to write on their bellies then taking photos.  I'll also be telling everyone to make sure they flash their bellies around if and when Amanda plays Leeds United!
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King

CourtneyFG

• Abby Rose
  • blue from the inside out
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 07:20:15 PM »

I'm keen to do something but lets just say that I'm not the most outgoing, extraverted type person, I usually prefer to follow rather than lead - so if someone has a good idea I will help out with that.

I was thinking about doing some ReBELLYon stuff - I'll be taking my camera (I think we should be good to get it into the Tiv) and I was thinking of taking some textas etc and encouraging people in the line to write on their bellies then taking photos.  I'll also be telling everyone to make sure they flash their bellies around if and when Amanda plays Leeds United!

unless they are diehard fans, they may not have heard of reBELLYon, and youi'll have to do alot of explaining. i was concidering what someone else did at one of the U.S.A. shows, and that was going around asking and recording where people were when they found out amanda had been killed.
'whacking of 'ill get you off, but it's just not the real thing'

musicmonkey86

• When the world is sick can't no one be well
    • musicmonkey86
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 07:22:31 PM »

thanks totalfrog!

is anyone interested in reserving a table with me and 3 friends at the concert (on the 27th) friday in sydney?
- tables are of 8, so there are 4 spaces

yessum

ah your coming to the sydney show! yay!! its too bad ive already got tickets :( i'll see you there though! :D

Actually... i bailed on Sydney, by the time i got time off work the dates i needed were already sold. I am going to be in Melbourne though. Hopefully not a repeat of last time i was there... i swear i was hungover for a week after that.  ^-^
But i dreamt we was all beautiful and strong

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:09 PM »

thanks totalfrog!

is anyone interested in reserving a table with me and 3 friends at the concert (on the 27th) friday in sydney?
- tables are of 8, so there are 4 spaces

yessum

ah your coming to the sydney show! yay!! its too bad ive already got tickets :( i'll see you there though! :D

Actually... i bailed on Sydney, by the time i got time off work the dates i needed were already sold. I am going to be in Melbourne though. Hopefully not a repeat of last time i was there... i swear i was hungover for a week after that.  ^-^

ah too bad! :( but have fun in melbourne! :)

hungover? but that must have mean you would have been drunk! you totally werent even a little bit drunk :P

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »

that sounds awesome!

beckory

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »

I'm in Melbourne and love the idea of brigading but don't really have any ideas. I don't suppose that's very helpful, I'll try to think of something!

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »

hmm maybe i'll just reuse some of the stuff i did in my first year of artschool. collecting peoples secrets and/or handing out compliments

Andy Pants

• I'm a Roman Candle, my head is full of flames.
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »

hmm maybe i'll just reuse some of the stuff i did in my first year of artschool. collecting peoples secrets and/or handing out compliments

I had a great idea, that I have no intention of pursuing. Positive graffiti! Basically just graffiti with positive messages. Like 'you are not alone' or 'you are not meaningless' etc.
reality doesn't give a damn about our plans.

Quote from: Henry Rollins
Cynicism in nothing but intellectual cowardice. It's basically you not taking the time to deal with what is

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 01:59:09 AM »

I had a great idea, that I have no intention of pursuing. Positive graffiti! Basically just graffiti with positive messages. Like 'you are not alone' or 'you are not meaningless' etc.

that sounds cool. and if you want to do it the way that wont get you fined and ect. get a busking liscence ($10 for a 3 month liscence) and do it with chalk. im pretty sure you dont need one of the special liscences for chalk art

sma

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 06:35:14 AM »

Hay, im going to the show at Opera on the friday, with 3 friends, im up for brigading if there is going to be anything planned, although ill probably be driving up from the south coast straight after work, so might be tight for time.

THE BLACK SHEEP

• whats the point of love if you only give out ,,
  • just a long walk alone ,,,
    • www.facebook.com/matthew.fry3
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »

well ladys and men ,,

i`ve got bit of a idea for the day of the show .. who`s up for a meal in the valley mall before the show then a walk to the gig  ???i am not sure where or the time .. maybe some of the cerw could come ?? you never know . but i willl be dress to play up for the day ., along with a friend

the black sheep
trying to think ahead
 :icon_rr:
wanting to just hug one friend , once to make a perfect moment to die in,

Frowny

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 11:17:44 PM »

Shadowbox newbie here and also a new-ish fan from Brisbane. I'd like to brigade! :D Not sure what I want to do yet, but my skills are mainly in drawing. I have an idea or two but I'm still thinking. I'd also love to join someone else in brigading, if anyone's interested. :)

I really like this idea! Regarding what Abby Rose said, I don't think explaining should be a huge problem. Someone could make little flyers about the ReBELLYon, photocopy them and hand them out in the line. Healthy body image is a good cause and it'll be really fun to do all the belly stuff Heartstringz suggested! :) I wouldn't mind making the flyers if I know for certain that we're going through with this.

alxjpow

• Woo, new here. Melbourne Brigade... hopefully?
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2009, 08:15:41 AM »

Ooh! My friend and I are very excited to join the Melbourne Brigade!!!
Have to look at the busking license paraphernalia, but I will probably be getting that regardless...
...I digress- VERY EXCITING! I will have to discuss this further before saying 'what' we will do - but my name is here now ;)

Oh and are we doing any plastering of posters around the city? (Ala http://amandapalmer.net/tour)

-Alex

Sodman2k

• Requient!
  • Amanda Palmer Killed Who?!?
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 06:18:03 PM »

^^^^

I'm with him :)

Totally up for just about anything.
Performance, Postering ect, ect.

Sodman2k

IKilledAFP

• reBELLYoZ Melbourne 2009
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 11:53:25 PM »

As mentioned in the tour thread, my idea for reBELLYoz was to get 9 bellies to the venue REAL early and paint a letter of rebellyoz on each. And either flash it to her before the show or during it.

And paint the Z in a different colour, so she can see the difference.

:D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up