- This has been addressed on the former version of The Shadowbox, but it needs to be reiterated: PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION
. There's a lot of information on this board and, most likely, someone has already asked your question before. The search
button is your friend.
- No porn please. Posting porn will result in your removal from the forum. We want to make this message board a place where all fans, young and old, can enjoy themselves. Of course with a band like The Dresden Dolls, the concept of "artful nudity" will inevitably come up -- we're not ignorant, and it is
understood that there is a fine line on what "art" is to different people -- this is why we unfortunately have to be staunch on this, and not bicker with one another about said line.
- Please don't be abusive to board members. Period. Examples include but are not limited to harassment, the posting of (or paraphrasing from) AIM conversations or private messages without consent, the posting of images of other members without their consent [Unless they are friends. This is only enforced if people complain]. Misuse of the Private Messaging system will lead to the loss of your ability to send and receive PMs. Mockery through the likes of "impersonations", and other similar behaviors. If someone makes a typo or forgets to use the search
function, we ask that you ignore it or politely
point out the mistake. No one here is in a position to lay into others for small mistakes, and if the majority of your posts consist of you giving attitude to others here, you will be warned and then removed. Don't be a jive turkey. Coexist on The Shadowbox…save the drama for your LiveJournal. Arguments will happen and that's fine but don't make correcting or belittling others your mission here.
- Don't give out your password. Anything posted from your screenname is your responsibility.
-No illegal filesharing. Steal music elsewhere.
- Please don't post any "pre-loaded" audio or video that will play when a thread is opened. If you want to share something, that's fine, but do not do embeds which will blast over the speakers when users go to participate in the forum.
- If a thread you created is deleted, moved, or locked, DON'T MAKE IT AGAIN. If you have a question about it, please PM a moderator. Also, if it appears that your thread is "missing", check to see if it has been moved to another section of the board.
- To those who may be new here, PLEASE LURK BEFORE YOU POST. This message board is unique in how its members behave towards each other, and it will help you greatly to get a feel for that in advance.
- No oversized images in your signature, please. They clutter the board and slow loading time. Personality is a plus, but we don't want any member's experience limited with slow load times.
- Please do not speak on behalf of banned members. If we wanted to hear from them, they wouldn't be banned. PM if you must, but there will be no "In Memory Of" type threads.
- Along the same lines as porn, don't post blatantly disgusting images on here. No one wants to open a thread and see a close up picture of a dead cat or a guy who got his head run over by a tank. This, like porn, is not debatable.
- Excessive photos/topics without purpose will be noted, as it can sometimes get to the point where people are basically spamming. It clutters the board, and eats up bandwidth. If you see your name in the "Started by" block all the way down the page, you are
posting excessively. Please be sure to involve yourself in any threads you want, just don't feel that it's necessary to post several new ones per day, especially if you haven't searched
the board to see if a similar topic exists.
- No excessive whining and complaining about the rules please. We would like to maintain a positive atmosphere around here, and it’s not fun when people are constantly raining on the parade. Pay a therapist or find a friend or relative who will listen and comfort you. If the majority of your posts consist of you complaining about the mods/rules here, chances are good that it's time for you to move on to greener pastures.
That said, enjoy the board. The moderators are here to help you and please feel free to get in touch with any questions you may have about the rules or how the board works, etc.
P.S.- You can find the search page here